The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

50 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

We've signed Mikey Miller from yourselves. I believe this is a bit of a coup and he'll definitely add some much-needed legs in the middle of the park, but what do you think?

Need to play him at right back or no bother. 

St Johnston finished runners up to us in 87-88.
Livingstone were formed out of Meadowfuckingbank
Gretna are a bad exemplar of what I am trying to prove here
Inverness and Ross County weren’t in the league in 87-88.
the reason I mention 87-88 is that the club were rocking, kicked on with full time football and McLeod spent a fortune on mediocre players. We built the family stand. We then had Burley……Stainrod, Bill Barr comes along and moves the club on on the park and apart from the hospitality suite, not much off it. The academy is created around that time as well. Barr spends millions on some mercenaries and we get to a league cup final, against other opposition we might have won. 
Slump back down, go part time, have a series of dreadful managers, Cameron was awful in the early days. McCall comes in and with Cameron, lifts us out of a dark spell with the potential of something to build on.
Smith takes over, wants to take the club forward off the park and keep us ticking over on it. We are in a good position to build on the last 5 years.
St Johnston - 2 Scottish cups and a league cup, European qualification premier league football
Livingston - league cup, European qualification, premier league football 
Inverness and Ross county - Scottish cup and European qualification, premier league football
Gretna - European qualification, premier league football. 

all have overtaken us in the last 30 years and have achieved more than we have with similar or smaller sized clubs through being well run(not Gretna) and well managed. So it annoys me when people say Ayr have no Devine right to that kind of success. It is achievable but we just don’t. The more people who just accept what they are getting, the worse we will become
Telling fans to buy season tickets and donate to the AU500 or we’ll lose Shankland v. We’ll keep it all a secret and then make out it was the fans fault for assuming stuff and then sign proven failures isn’t progress. 

We do keep trying to tell you lads.......Won fck all and never will [emoji106]

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Tweet seems to have been deleted from Stenny. If he is indeed offski this surely means we’re close to announcing another centre mid as it only leaves Murdoch, Chalmers and Hewitt as midfield options. I suppose Muirhead at a push but I’m hoping we have him at centre half as having him in midfield means playing one of Baird or McGinty. 

He's off to Dumbarton on loan from what i've been told, waiting until covid isolation over before having a chance to get in and get things sorted so would imagine that'll get announced tomorrow/friday

Edited by rb123!

He's off to Dumbarton on loan from what i've been told, waiting until covid isolation over before having a chance to get in and get things sorted so would imagine that'll get announced tomorrow/friday
So we are letting a player who has started the majority of our games this season go out on loan! You honestly could not make this up

3 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
13 minutes ago, rb123! said:

So we are letting a player who has started the majority of our games this season go out on loan! You honestly could not make this up

I'll put you out your misery i'm on the wind up, needing something to cheer me up, Ayr and Scotland losing on Tuesday night would be enough to tip you over the edge

We've signed Mikey Miller from yourselves. I believe this is a bit of a coup and he'll definitely add some much-needed legs in the middle of the park, but what do you think?

Last summer we signed guys like Tom Walsh, Dario Zanatta, Joe Chalmers and Jack Baird and the majority of us were pretty excited with these acquisitions. The one guy we signed that was met with almost no fanfare was Mikey Miller and he probably outshone every single player we signed last season barring Sinisalo and Paddy Reading.

He really doesn’t do anything spectacular but works hard and does the basics right. Pops up with an unexpected goal now and then and had an outstanding game for us last season where he marked Charlie Adam out the game when we beat Dundee. He’s probably not good enough for the Championship every week but I have no doubts he’ll be more than good enough for League 2.

This is like the sequel to the Ayr horror movie, McKenna and Hanley just played a couple of sideways passes to each other on edge of our own box, then passed it back to Gordon who launched it to nobody up the other end of the pitch and it's just come straight back again.

It's actually not unlike the first half of our Arbroath match, so maybe a 2-2 draw is on the cards.....

10 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Playing slightly better to watch football than ayr and even this is awful 

I wouldn't agree, we've not had a shot and no attacks at all. Even worse than Ayr at Kilmarnock.

The players haven't made a tackle or shown any real interest, just shocking !!