The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Morton signing a very good striker at this level as well as THREE loans from English Premiership clubs - one of which being the holding midfielder we need certainly adds to the frustration. Particularly given the Burnley situation. 

ETA, a holding midfielder that actually spent a decent amount of time at league one level in England last season. 

FTFY

Next 2 games are absolutely huge now - with the current mood of the fans, a couple of home defeats within 5 days to other sides who haven't exactly been on top form will tip a lot of people over the edge.  On the other hand, 6 points and things will look a lot better.    If we play like the last 30 mins v Arbroath or what I assume was the whole Dundee Utd game before the red card (I wasn't there) then there is no reason why we shouldn't win these games.    Anything like the Killie or ICT performances though and it will be 2 defeats and uproar.  

On a signings note, I wasn't really expecting anything yesterday but it's disappointing to see others strengthening, although in Morton's case they had hardly signed anyone for ages.   Hopefully something comes up where someone now becomes available due to deadline day activity at their current club all of a sudden pushing them down the pecking order.  

Main problem for me is how to even get excited by a signing - the only one we signed who seemed to have a bit of flair about him in O Connor came in, supposedly looked brilliant in training and has been bombed out the picture already it seems. 

34 minutes ago, Hursty said:

On the other hand, 6 points and things will look a lot better.

This isn't Partick having a wobble at the end of last season. It's not even QOS and their fans' perpetual meltdown that they're only 15 points from relegation. The problem is that any win is going to be unexpected, won't (and now can't) be built on, and will likely be followed by more capitulation.

Genuinely wondering if the club is going to extend more goodwill to Hopkin for the dizzying feat of picking up half a dozen points last season than Livingston did for him winning back-to-back promotions.