The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Was the Raith v ICT game at Starks not postponed last January as Raith said they couldn't field a team.  

If you have 11 players, anywhere in the pecking order, who can play, I assume you have to fulfil the fixture or Is there a minimum size for the bench? Can anyone enlighten me?

Playing ICT with a weakened team wasn't great, but our full strength team might well have lost anyway. Playing Raith under-strength is more serious, as this is a game we would normally be more likely to get a result in.

7 minutes ago, jm86 said:

Was the Raith v ICT game at Starks not postponed last January as Raith said they couldn't field a team.  

If you have 11 players, anywhere in the pecking order, who can play, I assume you have to fulfil the fixture or Is there a minimum size for the bench? Can anyone enlighten me?

Playing ICT with a weakened team wasn't great, but our full strength team might well have lost anyway. Playing Raith under-strength is more serious, as this is a game we would normally be more likely to get a result in.

I think you have to have at least 13 players available and one of them needs to be a goalkeeper. 

55 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

No but I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to get Moffat, Not getting a game, potential match winner, worked with him before.....Maybe Particks version of signing Kris Doolan

Moffat not playing due to still affected by a calf injury and not yet 100% fit is what is being said , was in squad on Saturday due to players pulling out with Covid 

15 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Moffat not playing due to still affected by a calf injury and not yet 100% fit is what is being said , was in squad on Saturday due to players pulling out with Covid 

Would imagine he will play this week if we can get enough players to make a squad 

17 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Would imagine he will play this week if we can get enough players to make a squad 

Game being off  must be a big possibility, as it is being rumoured training is potentially going to be stopped to prevent further cases 

Edited by Finlay21

2 hours ago, Fitbafollower said:

Heard Ayr knocked back 2 approaches over the past month from McCall wanting to swap or sign one of our players?

anyone hear anything it was rumour

Certainly not heard anything being mentioned around the club 

42 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Game being off  must be a big possibility, as it is being rumoured training is potentially going to be stopped to prevent further cases 

Airdrie were forced to play there game away at Peter head on Saturday with 6 players out with covid.,  Seemingly as long as you can field 11 players, training or not,    the game goes on...

interesting that Rangers have now got cases, what's the odds of double standards and the old firm game gets postponed..

1 minute ago, Passionate said:

Airdrie were forced to play there game away at Peter head on Saturday with 6 players out with covid.,  Seemingly as long as you can field 11 players, training or not,    the game goes on...

interesting that Rangers have now got cases, what's the odds of double standards and the old firm game gets postponed..

If the club as rumoured close for 10 days , they will be granted permission to postpone game 

26 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

If the club as rumoured close for 10 days , they will be granted permission to postpone game 

Or forfeit 0-3… 

Spfl will not want backlog of games in case COVID comes back in winter

3 minutes ago, flood said:

Or forfeit 0-3… 

Spfl will not want backlog of games in case COVID comes back in winter

0-3 does not take effect in league games , was only agreed for the cup games due to short window to complete fixtures , they have until next May to fulfil league fixtures and clubs have not agreed to any forfeiting of games to my knowledge 

Edited by Finlay21

20 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Very interested to see how this pans out now that Rangers have cases. I can see both games being postponed.

I'm sure the SPFL will make it up as they go along now one cheek of the arse are affected....

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I dont hear any rumours of the Old Firm game being called off or Rangers training ground being shut, yet we're in Alcatraz mode 

Rangers have not giving number of affected people or wither they are first team players or non playing staff , Ayr are at 6/7 confirmed first team players either with it or self isolating due to close contact  with potentially more in the tests being completed again within the next 2 days , that’s why they have reacted the way they have 

Edited by Finlay21

I've only seen rumours of who's supposed to be out for rangers, just found it odd as I'm fairly certain the men, b team and women all train at the same ground. I saw the women are playing there tomorrow. Surely if we're not allowed to train then theirs should be out of bounds too if players are either testing postive/close contacts 

20 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I've only seen rumours of who's supposed to be out for rangers, just found it odd as I'm fairly certain the men, b team and women all train at the same ground. I saw the women are playing there tomorrow. Surely if we're not allowed to train then theirs should be out of bounds too if players are either testing postive/close contacts 

We are allowed to train   , the decision to suspend training will depend on the next round of test results , we may have to take the option of keeping players apart to stop the spread of infection , 

Edited by Finlay21

I’m assuming if the playing staff do go into a ten day quarantine, that any signings could be completed by non playing staff at the club before Monday’s deadline... assuming there are some in the pipeline of course!

Im going to guess we will be playing on Saturday!

Edited by No_Problemo