The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

OK, while knowing that it was a complete wind up - my little heart was clinging to the spec of dust chance that it could be in any way, shape or form, true.

I actually think I would take Uncle Ian's maw right now - Stevo's gran as assistant obviously.

Pretty depressing read on here today . Quite a few Ayr fans on here would be a good fit for the Italian Army circa 1940 . White flags everywhere after a 1-0 defeat away in Inverness .  So that’s two defeats in seven this season ,both away from home and the usual three or four suspects are mounting a coup  d’etat on our club . All in front of the vermin from up the road ! Get a grip ......
Having said the above , nobody is happy with yesterday , or the time it is taking to get two , what will be key players in . Everyone is disappointed. However to lose three starters after testing on thu/fri , while not an excuse does mitigate some of yesterday’s performance. Reading , McAdam and Maxwell in my opinion have nailed down their places in the team ,3 of the 6 that have . 
Raith Rovers can’t come quick enough for me . We need two players in for that and we need to win the football match . It’s as simple as that . Getting the win is key for the short term , beating QoS and Morton at home in the first round of fixtures is also a priority . None of this is crazily unachievable . All though some on here secretly pray for failure in these fixtures to further their latest witch hunt against their latest Ayr manager . Same voices were there for Kerr’s dismissal and yes for McCall when we went down in the Harkins season . 
Hopkin however doesn’t get a free pass , if we are anywhere near the trap door after Christmas I’m sure Smith will either through funding at it or remove and replace . L1 is not in the bigger picture , some of you would do well to look at the bigger picture from time to time . In the long game we all want the same thing , Smith is the man that’s going to deliver it one way or another . Hold the fucking line and stop whining in front of the vermin . Don’t give them any oxygen,none .!
Here lads, want to see what a happy clapper is?

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

Heard from a reliable source "Wan-Ree-Porter" that Dave Smith has already made contact with Ian McCall about returning to the club. 

McCall reportedly unhappy with behind the scenes at Thistle as he has been denied getting the last few targets he wished and bemoaned to the press the other day about having to run with a small squad.

Watch this space

#uncleianiscominghome

Two chances of this happening.. none and f*ck all.

10 hours ago, rb123! said:

Heard from a reliable source "Wan-Ree-Porter" that Dave Smith has already made contact with Ian McCall about returning to the club. 

McCall reportedly unhappy with behind the scenes at Thistle as he has been denied getting the last few targets he wished and bemoaned to the press the other day about having to run with a small squad.

Watch this space

#uncleianiscominghome

Tragi-banter.

6 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

Hoppyball : If the opposition have the ball in their own 18 yard ball they can't score

Out of the box thinking from our manager expanding on the Cruyff / Guardiola tactics of your own team keeping possession of the ball so your opponent doesn't have it. 

Cruyff, Guardiola, Hopkin, all football managerial geniuses together. I could see Pep coming upto Ayr Academy to watch our training and see how things should be getting done. 

Edited by BukyOHare

2 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Looks like we may be postponing the game on Saturday.

Covid strikes again!!

5 players positive in total now.

Training scrapped.

Club in talks with the League.

I wouldn’t be particularly surprised if we were made to play with what we have tbh, even if it’s basically a kids team. 

57 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Good that they are postponing rather than forfeiting the game.

we probably wouldn’t concede 3 goals in the inevitable defeat and goal difference might be important at some point.

Has it been confirmed yet?

23 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Has it been confirmed yet?

Don’t think so, I think it was only the cup games you forfeit because of the timescale anyway. We have from Now till April to play the league games. 

if they do a circuit breaker then it’ll be moved. If there are no more cases then they may make us play based on us having 7 players on the bench on Saturday -2  for this Saturday and that was without Paul Smith.

Managers with philosophy’s on football almost always go tits up, I can’t think of any who have been a success.

Caldwell at Partick

Cathro at Hearts

Kerr and McCardle at Ayr

At least Hopkin hasn’t had them running up sand dunes in the pishing rain or ballet dancing to reggae music yet.