The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'm amazed anyone would cite what Hopkin said in his interview as some sort of golden source. Apparently we should have been 2 nil up at half time. He's turning into Walter Mitty and those lapping it up need to give themselves a shake. 

I think the guy needs to wake up! He spouts some amount of shite every week

11 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

It was only a fluke goal as the ball bounced off Walsh and into the net. That was created but utterly dreadful defending from whoever was marking him. It should have been a simple clearance.

This, this and this - just because a singular part of a move was a bit lucky doesn’t hide the fact that it doesn’t happen if Hopkin had recruited a competent defender in the first place. The vast majority of us knew things like that would happen with McGinty in the team. It’s not luck, it’s shite management. 

Question

Im assuming nearly all of our team will have had the two jags by now, so after the outbreak they would have done a flow test the next day. If they were negative why would any of them have to isolate, Hopkin said he should have some of them for next week.

Question
Im assuming nearly all of our team will have had the two jags by now, so after the outbreak they would have done a flow test the next day. If they were negative why would any of them have to isolate, Hopkin said he should have some of them for next week.
He said that the boys who missed the game had on one jag

16 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

I think McAlister had Covid and the other three have only had one jag , so it’s 10 days for them . Others who had two jabs would only have to pass a Pcr and they’re good to go . Strange rules but it is what it is .

29 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Question

Different rules for footballers to the rest of us. 

Edit: it's still the same as last season in terms of contacts etc for them. 

Edited by itzdrk

2 hours ago, Lochwood said:

Fact is  look at our history up there we lost at a ground where all Ayr managers have struggled, I went up there once before Covid stayed overnight and have to say the most lifeless stadium I’ve ever been in so I won’t be back there horrible watching.

if Inverness had lost three first team starters yesterday due to Covid they would have struggled also, team didn’t train for two days so give the guy a break.

We lost to a fluke goal also , and if we had managed a draw most fans would have been happy.

I think it's fair to say that the goal was bizarre, but the real question is whether Inverness deserved to win or not. I think they did - as the co-commentator on the stream said "Ayr are there for the taking" which wasn't in any way unfair. We didn't deserve to lose 3-0 or anything like that but there was only one team that even tried to play football. Even if we had fluked a goal of our own I don't think many people would have been happy with our performance (apart from the guy who does the interviews for B&W TV who clearly thinks we are awesome).

Another relevant measure is how we have progressed since last season. I think we played Inverness away quite early on last season (the match where the Pixelot system tracked the linesman's head) and we came  away with a draw, having surrendered a 1-0 lead. My recollection of that game is that we were on top and deserved the lead and most of us felt disappointed we didn't win.

We are definitely much worse than we were last season at this stage.

Edited by rgreig

7 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I dont believe we're bad enough to be relegated.

We're 3 games into the season, aren't even in September and due to Hopkin's recruitment skills and tactics we've got fans (rightly) talking about avoiding relegation. It's a shambles. 

Get Hopkin, Timmins, Duffy and anybody else responsible for another write off of a season binned as soon as we can.

Do it while there's still time to get suitable replacements recruited and plenty of league games left to put right another season of disappointment and underachievement.

Which is what we're getting currently with a trajectory that isn't for shifting anytime soon. 

Edited by BukyOHare

1 hour ago, Lochwood said:

Question

2 of the 4 players unfortunately have only had the 1 jag , I think that’s why Hopkin said in his interview he would expect at least 2 of them back for the Rovers game 

14 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Still don’t get how they have had only 1 jag, my two grandkids  under 16 have had there’s, and there was availability for any ages just walk-in at the John pollock centre some time ago.

If they live in Glasgow they might still be waiting I know people who are about 21/22 still waiting for their 2nd 

18 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

If they live in Glasgow they might still be waiting I know people who are about 21/22 still waiting for their 2nd 

Aye, its very region dependent. My youngest brother got his second a couple of days after me despite me being 10 years older than him.

Heard from a reliable source "Wan-Ree-Porter" that Dave Smith has already made contact with Ian McCall about returning to the club. 

McCall reportedly unhappy with behind the scenes at Thistle as he has been denied getting the last few targets he wished and bemoaned to the press the other day about having to run with a small squad.

Watch this space

#uncleianiscominghome

Heard from a reliable source "Wan-Ree-Porter" that Dave Smith has already made contact with Ian McCall about returning to the club. 
McCall reportedly unhappy with behind the scenes at Thistle as he has been denied getting the last few targets he wished and bemoaned to the press the other day about having to run with a small squad.
Watch this space
#uncleianiscominghome

Deja vu [emoji6]

28 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Watch this space

#uncleianiscominghome

Can't see it for a variety of reasons. But the one thing you can can pour scorn over from the "exclusive" is the thought that McCall hasnt been backed by the Thistle board, certainly not from the outside looking in anyway. 

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Watch this space

#uncleianiscominghome

Please tell me this isn't a wind up - please, please, please