The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Superhursy7 said:
1 minute ago, Sortmeout said:
Who would Ayr fans want in if they end up getting rid of Hopkin? Is there a realistic candidate from the lower leagues or someone internal other than Jim Duffy?
Or is that the answer and you would prefer Duffy?

Yogi Hughes

It’s hard to tell if that’s a genuine answer or not, poor Yogi gets a rough time of it from most on here.  Although I personally think he has done a reasonable job at most clubs barring the disaster with Raith.

It’s hard to tell if that’s a genuine answer or not, poor Yogi gets a rough time of it from most on here.  Although I personally think he has done a reasonable job at most clubs barring the disaster with Raith.
100% serious, apparently was very interested the last two times it was up, popular ex player and redeemed himself with his last gig at Ross County, I'd love to see him in charge

7 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Most reasonable post of yours I've ever read.

48 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

If Raith hand out a proper spanking next week, and there's every chance they will. Then I think that will be the beginning of the end with the support. If he did go I really don't have any faith in the Chairman to appoint someone that would turn us around. He's as clueless as Hopkin, but at least he's got an excuse in being new in the job.

I would be astonished if we could actually afford to get rid of him now. Does his contract not run until the end of next season?

I think we are stuck with him until the nearer end of his contract. I don't think we'll ever be beaten by a large margin - it will be games like today where we are woeful and end up losing by the odd goal. The best we can hope for is avoiding relegation and perhaps this will enable the club to continue off-field restructuring.

I am surprised that contracts in football management don't have clauses in them that allow termination based on certain performance conditions (e.g. win rate < x% over y games etc).

9 minutes ago, rgreig said:

I would be astonished if we could actually afford to get rid of him now. Does his contract not run until the end of next season?

I think we are stuck with him until the nearer end of his contract. I don't think we'll ever be beaten by a large margin - it will be games like today where we are woeful and end up losing by the odd goal. The best we can hope for is avoiding relegation and perhaps this will enable the club to continue off-field restructuring.

I am surprised that contracts in football management don't have clauses in them that allow termination based on certain performance conditions (e.g. win rate < x% over y games etc).

Did we give him a two and a half year contract? f**k me - that’s mental. 

I could see us taking the odd hammering of confidence continues to plummet, but it’s quite difficult to do when you set up so defensively. 

ETA, it was a two year deal, I imagine paying up his contract would be a tidy sum. Hopefully his coaching staff are on short term deals. 

Edited by No_Problemo

7 minutes ago, rgreig said:

Roberts contract did. I’d hope that a performance came in to Hopkins negotiations 

Budget x amount = this league position or above = this bonus

budget x amount + additional players = this league position or above = lower bonus

budget x amount + further players = this league position or above = zero bonus

budget x amount + all available players = this league position or the Tin tack

a run of games without a league win

a point gap adrift of the play-offs

all things that should be in any managers contract 

10 minutes ago, rgreig said:

I absolutely could see us getting a pasting if our midfield is overrun, then you have the calamity at the back. All very feasible.

After all the Chairman patter about Hopkin it would be strange to see him punt him before Xmas.

Tbh, all possible solutions and outcomes, none of them fill me with much confidence.

54 minutes ago, flood said:

Oddschecker have ayr at 100/1 to win league.

The longest price, which would imply that all bookies see ayr as favourites to finish last 

Leicester won the league at 500/1 so don't give up hope yet!!!

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

If he signed Kelly this week, it would maybe buy him a month or so good grace. 
if we still didn’t improve, doubt even signing Shankland could save him 

I know we are all hoping, but there is absolutely no way they are sending him out to a team that plays the style we do. There’s far better teams than us in this league alone looking for a central midfielder too. 

Edited by No_Problemo

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I know we are all hoping, but there is absolutely no way they are sending him out to a team that plays the style we do. There’s far better teams than us in this league alone looking for a central midfielder too. 

I’m talking more about buying favour with the fans.
Messi would struggle to get a kick in this team the way we play. Anyone doing their homework would want guarantees from Ayr before sending players on loan.

Expecting results when we try to get rid of the ball immediately, trying to move the ball from back to front as quickly as possible without any defined method means we are relying on being lucky rather than good.

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

Who would Ayr fans want in if they end up getting rid of Hopkin? Is there a realistic candidate from the lower leagues or someone internal other than Jim Duffy?

Or is that the answer and you would prefer Duffy?

Peter Murphy - if we were fishing exclusive in that lower league pond.