The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I genuinely think we need to cut our losses now. 

I felt sorry for Adeloye, held it up time after time but was surrounded by utter shite. 

Everyone knows what the excuse will be tonight, but that wasn’t the reason we lost. 

ETA, does the club want to let us know how long the players are isolating for so we know whether we will still be putting up with that useless p***k McGinty at left back next week. 

Edited by No_Problemo

You could maybe just about make an argument that the players are making more effort than last season, but on the whole we've gone backwards since Kerr's time in charge.

Hopkin's record is a disgrace in the league. I'd be giving him from now until the end of September to prove he has what it takes.

You could maybe just about make an argument that the players are making more effort than last season, but on the whole we've gone backwards since Kerr's time in charge.

Hopkin's record is a disgrace in the league. I'd be giving him from now until the end of September to prove he has what it takes.
Aye they are making more effort that just means we get pumped 1-0 instead of 4-0

Seriously, look at the starting line up and ask yourself how many assists or goals you would EXPECT it to generate over a season.  Bringing on Salkeld when you need a goal and have Michael Moffat on the bench is a total embarrassment.  The Covid players won’t be back for next week so hard to see what’s going to change.

I'd fully expect Hopkin to be given at least the first round of games as the argument right now would be that we've played the two hardest away games where we were unlikely to take anything and the fact that we had at least 3 starters missing today due to Covid another mitigation, especially when only just failing by the odd goal in a pretty even game.

I'm not defending Hopkin and I completely agree that our tactics are horrendous on the eye, however I'd say he's a LONG way from being bagged and that's unlikely to change unless we lose to the likes of QOS and Morton and find ourselves detached.

Personally I believe the league will be the same as usual with teams cutting each others throats on a weekly basis and so long as we don't lose 3 on the bounce, then I'd expect him to get until Christmas at least.

I'm not saying I'm happy about it but that's what we took on when giving him the job I'm afraid.

I could post the same as I've posted after almost every game this season because it would be word for word but I can't be arsed. 

Roll on Rampant Raith at fortress Somerset. Where we haven't won a league game for 7(Seven) months. 

Fake Excited GIFs | Tenor

Edited by diegomarahenry
Shite maths

9 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

but that's what we took on when giving him the job I'm afraid.

A growing number might argue that there were plenty of warnings or question marks from his previous roles. Certainly enough to have given the board strong indications that he wasn't the right man for a team with apparent ambitions of building momentum towards promotion to the top flight. 

We're averaging less than 3 shots on target in our league games so far. Call me revolutionary but how in gods name is a team at any level of the game going to meaningfully compete, and dare I say even win a match, with this kind of output? 

The largely dreadful recruitment carried out up until now causes the dire product and to a lesser extent formations on the field that we're currently seeing in the league games. 

We're Ayr fans, we don't expect to win every week, but please give us a team that shows a willingness to compete, show attacking intent, alongside fight, hunger, desire and a willingness to run until they drop each and every match.

This bunch represent an honest, hardworking community and fan base that have been starved of continued success for too long. 

Football all over the world is littered with stories of teams who've defied uncertainty and the odds to overachieve.

They're led by Ally MacLeod type visionaries, they don't accept being second best and largely outperform the odds against them each and every week. They come up with inventive moves from open play, setpiece routines and a tempo and purpose to their play. 

They aren't led by a "negative first, let's not get beat" type of approach. That gets you nothing but mediocrity, that's exactly what we're getting at the moment. 

As I've said previously I don't expect to win every week and I'm not precious about the formation or style of play we adopt. But let's go out on the front foot, let's bloody the noses of the opposition and perhaps take the same from them but above all else let's win or lose with a bit of a fight. 

My growing anger is due shifting from Hopkin to the board if they continue watching what the rest of us are watching. 

If it isn't for changing for the better why even give him a set number of games? It only decreases the number of games available for his replacement to right these terrible wrongs. 

Just out of interest, I'd be interested in hearing from anybody backing Hopkin as to how exactly they expect the desired level of improvements to actually occur? 

Is Black & White TV working? I can see a post match interview but can't seem to get it to play. I'm a glutton for punishment. 🙈

Edit - I've got it working in Firefox on my phone but it won't work on Chrome.

Edited by Trogdor

I wonder how many players we will lose out on this coming week to ensure we laughably still don’t have any new signings in time for next week...

I won’t be paying the AU 500 fund much longer if that shitshow continues - am I f**k contributing to wages for these absolute clowns.  It’s hard enough to accept that I’ve wasted money on a season ticket, never mind adding another £250 to the damage. 

Just now, Trogdor said:

Post match interview was frankly a bit delusional. Should have been 2 nil up at half time and we should have scored 2 or 3 in total. I must have been watching a different game.

matt groening GIF

Hahaha what, I don’t recall us having a scoring chance or even coming remotely close. 

Just watched the interview with Hopkin following todays game.  Some very odd comments - we deserved to be 2-0 up at half time,  ICT could not get out their half in the first half.  The ball did not come off Walsh for ICT to score,  Sean hit the ball on to his own face and into our net and we could have scored 2 or 3 in the second half.

I honestly don't remember all these chances where would should have scored and someone corrected me that it was Baird and not McGinty that hit the ball off Walsh.

Just wondered of anyone saw the same game that Hopkin watched?

Edited by stevep56