The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

33 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

The think with the Burnley thing we as fans really only see the headline grabbing of loan players that may have been implied more than promised, I can't be the only person who went straight to the website to scout their under 23s and decide what ones who would be rocking up pre season.

Will admit I did the same, had a wee snoop on the burnley website😊 though like much of this Hopkin reign, seems like there's absolutely no excitement 😒.

Though the chairman seems to have faith in what Ayr already have, which is either madness or total genius, as who knows, one of the younger Ayr players could push themselves to an amazing season.

Will admit I did the same, had a wee snoop on the burnley website[emoji4] though like much of this Hopkin reign, seems like there's absolutely no excitement [emoji19].
Though the chairman seems to have faith in what Ayr already have, which is either madness or total genius, as who knows, one of the younger Ayr players could push themselves to an amazing season.
It would be nice to get a few above standard loans from Burnley but it gives me more satisfaction to see our own kids like Mackenzie and Hewitt break through.

3 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

It would be nice to get a few above standard loans from Burnley but it gives me more satisfaction to see our own kids like Mackenzie and Hewitt break through and leave for nothing.

FTFY

3 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

There was a press conference on black and white TV from both clubs. 
I don’t think the club said we we’re definitely getting players this season but it was implied.

the only thing I remember the guy from Burnley saying was the partnership would help supply chain of merchandise.

if we were interested in Mancini and Huddersfield, Oldham, Bradford, Bolton or Wigan were interested, I could see I’m going out locally rather than to Ayr. 

I doubt the club are reacting to comments here, more likely folk have been mentioning it on social media or VOR has just chinned Smith because there is nothing else happening at the club just now and he’s got a back page to fill this week. 

Merchandise? I cant really see the kids of white city, lochside and Burnley housing estates running about with a half and half Ayr/Burnley scarf. What sort of merchandise are they talking about?

3 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:
That was my point. emoji85.png

I know, Crawford, Forrest Shankland, McDaid, Rose, Harvey, Smith, McCowan all in the last 3 or 4 years granted not all came through our academy but certainly owe Ayr a lot for their development.

Aye, for me that would be a tangible change and a real success. If we can bring through our own players and sell them on. It's a harder proposition to sign young players from other clubs where they haven't made it on multi-year deals and sell them on. It can be done but transfer fees are all but dead up here and it's so frustrating seeing young prospects leave for a pittance of a development fee or moving on a free.

"The manager has assembled a good quality squad for the season and anything from Burnley would have been additional to our core personnel. 

"We are acutely aware of the emerging talent from our Academy and feel strongly that any loan players have to be of a quality that will add real value to the team and not act as a blockage for our own Academy pathway."

I’m not sure if I’m reading into it too much, but this part of the article concerns me. Regardless of the Dundee United performance we are still relatively far away from having a good quality squad. Now close to four weeks into the season without rectifying central midfield, how long will that go on for...

When the whole Burnley thing broke, I first thought - wow - then I thought…..

English Premier League - most popular and richest league in the world.

Scottish Championship - complete diddy league in relation to the English Premier League.

We are not even close to that ball park.

If there is anything that we can get out of it, without it costing us anything, then that’s a good thing.

But did anyone realistically think we would end up with an English Premier League team’s best fringe players?

That being said - it WAS more than hinted at.

Looks like it was intended, there were conversations, but it just hasn’t worked out.  Probably something like….

Ayr - I’d take those 3 boys.

Burnley - let me think about it.

Ayr - awright then.

Burnley - Naw, you can have any of the others if you want, but not those 3.

Ayr - No, just leave it the now then.

It does say we were after 2/3 which then goes on to pretty much say it was Mancini/Harker however they can't come up here due to a light Burnley squad meaning they might be on the fringe of the 1st team if there's injuries etc. Perfectly reasonable explanation which could happen at Rangers/Celtic and there's every chance either of them may become available to move up in January.

Also i'd rather we looked elsewhere outwith Burnley if we can't get their main youth talent instead of ending up with the 2nd/3rd choice central midfielder behind Mancini for example.

Mountain out of a molehill being made here if you ask me.

Edited by rb123!

22 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Mountain out of a molehill being made here if you ask me.

You can thank the club's update for that. I'd have buried it on the same day we signed a new midfield marauder. Then everyone would have been talking about that.

Edited by Trogdor

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

You can thank the club's update for that. I'd have buried it on the same day we signed a new midfield marauder. Then everyone would have been talking about that.

Yup. The only reason anyone cares is because of how far into the season we are and no sign of the required signings. 

4 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Merchandise? I cant really see the kids of white city, lochside and Burnley housing estates running about with a half and half Ayr/Burnley scarf. What sort of merchandise are they talking about?

It was something along the lines of prices from suppliers, collectively the clubs in the partnership and Burnley would be able to place orders and get a bulk discount if I remember correctly. 

4 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

It was something along the lines of prices from suppliers, collectively the clubs in the partnership and Burnley would be able to place orders and get a bulk discount if I remember correctly. 

So is the merchandise in the club shop cheaper to buy this year then?

I'm going to miss the Harker and Mancini almost hourly updates on here. 😢

Given time it could've given Black and White TV an award winning fly on the wall documentary into the lives of elite athletes. 

"Rob eats a Pot Noodle" 

"Anthony grows award winning roses" 

6 hours ago, Iain said:

So is the merchandise in the club shop cheaper to buy this year then?

To be fair the club shop is pretty fairly priced. If the club are able to grab an extra couple of percent profit margin without raising the prices then it is win win given it is likely to be reinvested either in the playing staff or infrastructure.