The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

So the “partnership” is a load of shite then.

If we have identified three players and none are available it certainly doesn’t bode well that we would be getting anything other than cast offs in future years. It’ll be interesting if they now go on loan to another side, however if they don’t and all they are doing is sitting about a 23’s team then that certainly gives you an indication of the partnership. 

The news and PR coming out the club is a shambles. A lot is made of not naming names before the ink is dry, but with presumed inactivity and no news coming out the of club, they end up putting bits and pieces out and when they fall through, it enrages fans more.

taking comments at face value, Scottish football in general is struggling to find available talent. (Apart from Dunfermline, Kilmarnock and Partick) and clubs down south will hold on to players who should be out on loan until they conclude inward business up to the end of the month.

I would hope that the club have not been sitting on their hands, waiting on Burnley loans arriving and not had a plan B or C ready to go. 

Agree with the posters seems they will use us for pre season friendlies and youth team games just in case we unearth one, didn’t think we were getting Mancini as stated before. But if he sits in there under 23 it’s either he doesn’t fancy our league or too costly in wages,  based on his first team games early on he looks like he’ll not be far away from there first team squad, for this too work you would think they would send us someone as a show of faith.

Fully expect a mad rush of loan deals / mutual terminations at the end of the month once the premiership teams have sorted their squads. Not overly surprised we haven't got anyone from Burnley with quite a few of them out on loan before we even played the friendly however, the article has a feel of us holding out hope before being torpedoed. 

An Interview with any of the Chairman, Miller or Hopkin would be good to explain what the club is getting out of the partnership. It felt like a real step forward when it was announced but it also feels a little shrouded in secrecy. The youth teams have obviously been in contact but, is there anything else to this? Are we sharing scouting networks? Are we sharing general training and injury recovery knowledge? Can we send players on loan to the other partners? Is there a commercial tie up of any sort? Do they know about the Ayrshire Derby?

That’s a bit of a riddy tbh. That article is made out as if the fans have magically come up with the idea that players would come on loan, not that the fact we were told several times that would be the case.

In return, Ayr will recruit some of Burnley's up and coming stars on loan deals, while the clubs will work closely on a range of off field interests”

To be fair its a bit like back in the day when your mate asked to borrow some DVD's as they had nothing to watch, and you would go aye help yourself, with the intention of letting him have some, until he started asking after your best / favourites, and you'd be like, naw im going to watch that myself, or thats the misses favourite you cant have that, and when your mate asks well what can i have then, you offer him all the crap, and he goes dont want to watch any of them. In the end both of you are pissed off, your mate as he knows your not letting him have the best DVD's, and you as your mate doesnt take anything you've offered

Edited by honestly united

33 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

That’s a bit of a riddy tbh. That article is made out as if the fans have magically come up with the idea that players would come on loan, not that the fact we were told several times that would be the case.

In return, Ayr will recruit some of Burnley's up and coming stars on loan deals, while the clubs will work closely on a range of off field interests”

100%

there were direct and indirect quotes coming from both clubs that loan players would be part of the tie up.

In fact, when they arranged the pre season friendly it was allegedly so we could "run the rule" over their U23 players with "a view to taking them on loan".

There was a press conference on black and white TV from both clubs. 
I don’t think the club said we we’re definitely getting players this season but it was implied.

the only thing I remember the guy from Burnley saying was the partnership would help supply chain of merchandise.

if we were interested in Mancini and Huddersfield, Oldham, Bradford, Bolton or Wigan were interested, I could see I’m going out locally rather than to Ayr. 

I doubt the club are reacting to comments here, more likely folk have been mentioning it on social media or VOR has just chinned Smith because there is nothing else happening at the club just now and he’s got a back page to fill this week. 

Ultimately the club never said we were guaranteed players because it’s simply impossible to make that commitment when things can change so fast in football. I’d rather we didn’t take anyone than a couple of duds just for the sake of it as well.

People will look at the partnership as a waste of time but there’s still a chance we could end up with a player or two in January. There’s also the fact that the clubs will be working together in other ways so there’s that.

Just had a read at the latest propoganda piece on the way home from work, everything is fine with the Burnley partnership because the club's talk to eachother, great, fantastic. 

Edit: I never wanted any of their huddies in on loan and I've said that previously but the club were pretty clear this was a benefit of it.  

Edited by itzdrk

58 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Just had a read at the latest propoganda piece on the way home from work, everything is fine with the Burnley partnership because the club's talk to eachother, great, fantastic. 

Edit: I never wanted any of their huddies in on loan and I've said that previously but the club were pretty clear this was a benefit of it.  

By the looks of it there were a couple who seemed like very decent players (doesn’t remotely mean they would definitely do well though) However, Burnley clearly only want to send us the “huddies.” 

If we sign the players we require very soon then the Burnley frustration will disappear, however the longer it drags out the worse it will get - particularly if we perform like the first two league games. 

I would also agree that clubs talking to each other and sharing ideas isn’t anything remotely resembling a partnership. 

The EPL clubs turn over hundreds of millions of pounds and employ hundreds of people. The backroom staff, facilities and expertise they have are almost like proper businesses in their own right and miles away from us. Surely there are things we can learn in areas like commercial activity s, youth development , sports science and physio that will really help a club relying on volunteers. . Even if we don't get players i'd say its far from a waste of time being linked with a club like that. Far too much emphasis on loan players and instant results when there is good stuff to be had over the longer term

The think with the Burnley thing we as fans really only see the headline grabbing of loan players that may have been implied more than promised, I can't be the only person who went straight to the website to scout their under 23s and decide what ones who would be rocking up pre season.