The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

17 hours ago, Death in Vegas said:

Roy Provan is a total disgrace. Organising the clubs security and letting a support over 2000 without police being present. A 2 Bob security mob trying to keep things under control. Give yerself a shake.

I thought it was odd there was no police presence but outside of the OF or derbies they dont seem to be anywhere to be seen. I'm not sure what more the club could have done, if people want on the pitch theyll do it regardless of if there was 50 stewards there. The wall is easily jumpable onto the pitch and with circa 1k away fans, there was no way the stewards could have held them all back

Edited by Thereisalight..

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Shows you what can happen when they have a competent manager. 

Billy Dodds competent !!!!!!  Zanatta will revert back to his poor form after about 4 games like he has in last 3 clubs 

Edited by Finlay21

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

What exactly is going on with the Moff or is it not to be discussed. Can't remember ever seeing an explanation for his absence.

He has a calf strain and has been receiving physio since last Thursday , back to training on Monday 

24 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Don’t want to pretend like he’s up to being a starter every week at this level but I would love to see Moffat play with Adeloye in a front 2.

There is part of me that thinks he is up to it, on a semi regular basis. He needs a number nine in front of him to do his best work, and last season he didn’t have anything like that. It could work very well...

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Hate hyperbole reporting like this. It certainly wasnt the "entire" away section. 

20210815_195405.jpg

I don't understand what made them do it. They didn't invade the pitch when they beat Rangers last week. It was a last 16 tie in which they played against ten men for 40 minutes after getting a reprieve from a non penalty then winning a shootout. They are definitely guilty of small club syndrome. 

1 minute ago, Caledonian said:

I don't understand what made them do it. They didn't invade the pitch when they beat Rangers last week. It was a last 16 tie in which they played against ten men for 40 minutes after getting a reprieve from a non penalty then winning a shootout. They are definitely guilty of small club syndrome. 

The fact they saw the daft lassie easily get away with it for ages. 

18 minutes ago, Caledonian said:

Ending rangers unbeating league run was definitely more pitch invasion worthy, than beating us on pens after a dodgy pen decision that never was. I encountered a few before the match and thought they were arseholes, their antics at the equaliser and then the "mass" invasion confirmed that

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Don’t want to pretend like he’s up to being a starter every week at this level but I would love to see Moffat play with Adeloye in a front 2.

Agree, it feels like a combination that would work. Hopefully we'll see it happen at some stage.

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Ending rangers unbeating league run was definitely more pitch invasion worthy, than beating us on pens after a dodgy pen decision that never was. I encountered a few before the match and thought they were arseholes, their antics at the equaliser and then the "mass" invasion confirmed that

To put this in perspective, there was about 50 or 60, 10 to 14 year olds just jumping around like the children they were, one had a flare right enough but other than that it was just pretty stupid / rather pathetic, as were the 2 or 3 half witted Ayr fans who jumped on to try and confront them, they certainly shouldn't have done it, however it was all much ado about nothing in the end up.

4 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

What exactly is going on with the Moff or is it not to be discussed. Can't remember ever seeing an explanation for his absence.

Saw the Moff earlier today, with his son at the Glenburn football tournament at Prestwick academy. He seemed quite happy and in high spirits, I think he's a coach with glenburn 😊👍

My son wanted a picture with him but got really shy when it was suggested 😅 still, he went on to score 5 goals in 4 games 👍 new Moff in the making. 

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

To put this in perspective, there was about 50 or 60, 10 to 14 year olds just jumping around like the children they were, one had a flare right enough but other than that it was just pretty stupid / rather pathetic, as were the 2 or 3 half witted Ayr fans who jumped on to try and confront them, they certainly shouldn't have done it, however it was all much ado about nothing in the end up.

Yip, just the likes of the Sunday mail stiring up shit and saying clubs like livi and us are putting teams in danger of not having full capacities 🙄🙄 hopefully the authorities wont stick their nose in and ask questions of us/give us a fine

6 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

He had covid and then he had a more traditional injury. 

7 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Yip, just the likes of the Sunday mail stiring up shit and saying clubs like livi and us are putting teams in danger of not having full capacities 🙄🙄 hopefully the authorities wont stick their nose in and ask questions of us/give us a fine

We have to take responsibility though. The stewarding of 800 away fans was extremely poor. The fact that someone could invade the pitch and run around for a good 2 minutes without anyone noticing was a green light to the later events. I don’t even think she was spoken to after the invasion and thrown out the ground, which is the the very minimum that should’ve happened. If people continue to get away with this behaviour then it will continue and potentially get worse.

8 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I don’t even think she was spoken to after the invasion and thrown out the ground,

She was thrown out , it was comical though watching the stewards trying to catch her as she continued to run and  try to hide beside the other fans , it really was concerning though how long she remained on the pitch before anyone made any attempt to remove her ( which in all honesty was no attempt when she was in the park )

Edited by Finlay21