The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

44 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Rangers B are also beating Dumbarton so it looks like we’ll be playing them in the diddy cup.

I’ll be boycotting that game due to not agreeing with having colt teams in the competition. 

15 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

We should stick our academy side in against them. An absolute farce of a competition.

I loved Jim McInally sticking his sub keeper on as a sub at right back tonight as a sort of protest and still beating Dundee u20's (with 3 players who are on loan to Peterhead in the cup playing for them against the club they are on loan to) 🤣

But aye.  Pity it wasn't Dumbarton.  Daft competition but I'd definitely have went to that then City Centre before Hampden. 

8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Gavin Reilly is being let go out on loan from Livingston for a few months. Dunno if he’s the type of striker we need but would be a decent signing imo.

Was prolific for St Mirren in the season we went up under Hopkin. I'd say there's a good chance you're sniffing about. Only issue is that it's likely only a deal until January and he's only just back in training from a 20cm hamstring tear.

1 hour ago, Hawk89 said:

To be honest they should either revamp or bin the challenge cup, the colts need pushed into the sea. Hope the club doesn't entertain it and either fields youths or no shows. 

Have it regional with pyramid teams in a league, Ayr, Kilmarnock, Auchinleck, Cumnock, The Glens. The winners of the regional leagues play each other. 8 regions, quarter, semi and final. 
bigger teams can play reserve/youth teams in the group games if they want. 
local Games, not much travelling and maybe a wee bit more interest 

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Have it regional with pyramid teams in a league, Ayr, Kilmarnock, Auchinleck, Cumnock, The Glens. The winners of the regional leagues play each other. 8 regions, quarter, semi and final. 

I would quite like something like that, even if you expanded the regions out a little. Could imagine the ex-Ayrshire Junior sides, Pollok etc in the WoSFL Premier would bring a very decent crowd to Somerset. Could potentially be an opportunity for clubs like Ayr to showcase some of our youth players who we are looking to loan out.

6 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

I would quite like something like that, even if you expanded the regions out a little. Could imagine the ex-Ayrshire Junior sides, Pollok etc in the WoSFL Premier would bring a very decent crowd to Somerset. Could potentially be an opportunity for clubs like Ayr to showcase some of our youth players who we are looking to loan out.

The crowds at Beith and Auchinleck over the past couple of years confirm that there's much interest in these types of games.

As you say, matches against Pollok, Kilbirnie Ladeside, Kilwinning, Irvine Meadow, Cumnock etc, etc would all be a bit of a novelty and draw much bigger crowds than any colts nonsense or even current League 1 & 2 sides.

I quite liked it the way it was before when it was just all the teams below the Premier League.  No gimmicks etc but gave all the lower league clubs a good chance to win a trophy.  But I was probably in a minority there as I doubt crowds were ever that big. 

Torn re: the Rangers B game.   I like the idea of sticking out a youth team and not taking it seriously, but also don't fancy being one of the first full time Championship clubs to be punted out by them.   Makes it even worse if the latter stages of the tournament are just Rangers / Celtic B etc as that will just be used to add to the campaign to get them into the leagues set up. 

3 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Can we forget any plans about playing Auchinleck please? Forever, cheers. 👍