The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Hard to say the keeper should be dropped for Saturday but these are the situations where having two keepers comes in to play, one has a bad game it gives the other a chance to try and stay in the team. 

All goes to f**k if McAdams plays like he did against Albion Rovers though. 

Assuming we'll be defending like f**k for 90 minutes on Saturday, we need to either work out a counter attacking style or go properly long ball. Both are restricted because of the inability to string any kind of passage of play together. I imagine training is like something out a Bond film, just a line of guys kicking a football as hard as they can over and over again. 

Part of the problem on Saturday was that Fjortoft struggled to do anything when he had the ball, Adeloye hides and no one else is moving. We improved once Muirhead came on because he was taking the ball more and was more creative (I can't believe I just typed that) We improved again once Fjortoft went off, not saying he was the cause of any issues but we looked better without him. 

I'd play McAdams on Saturday

Maxwell and Houston as full backs

Baird and McGinty 

Murdoch Muirhead, Chalmers and Hewitt

Moffat, Adeloye

If we are under the cosh we can drop Muirhead in to a back 5, or we can push him forward in midfield to add height and challenge for kick-outs or long balls. Or we can have midfielders drop back in to full back positions and have Maxwell and Houston drive forward. Moffat taking thick centre halfs like Reynolds for a walk to create space. 

What I expect will happen, All the Morton boys will play, No Moffat, Hewitt or Chalmers. A back 5. We'll concede 4 in the first half, no shots on target. Afolabi will be given 20 minutes with no touches of the ball, McKenzie will get the last 10. 

Final score - 0-5

Reading wasn't very good in the first half and got roasted against Burke, however Houston has been poor for the last two years yet still retains his place despite us now having McAllister.

If we're dropping Reading, then we're definitely dropping Houston.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Reading wasn't very good in the first half and got roasted against Burke, however Houston has been poor for the last two years yet still retains his place despite us now having McAllister.

If we're dropping Reading, then we're definitely dropping Houston.

I would have said the two because Hopkin seems hell bent on replacing 1-11 from last season but McCallister hasn't kicked his own arse this season so I don't think they will chuck him in from the start against Dundee United. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

I would have said the two because Hopkin seems hell bent on replacing 1-11 from last season but McCallister hasn't kicked his own arse this season so I don't think they will chuck him in from the start against Dundee United. 

Yes, True enough.

Confession to make, I saw him warming up on Saturday and thought we had signed a new Moroccan / Tunisian / Algerian midfielder as had no idea it was McAllister, it was only when I checked his squad number that I realised it was him.

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

Got a new job today meaning less working at the weekend meaning I can get to a lot more games, not sure if this is good or bad lol

Definitely a good thing, until the 1st game when we get scudded and you wish you were back working weekends...probably this Saturday if you're going 😬🤣

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

What's happened to Michael Miller, is he injured at the moment? He seems to have drifted right out of the picture.

No kids on the bench, No Moffat and Miller, Chalmers dropped out, new faces on the way. We'll have the biggest squad we have ever had shortly

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

No kids on the bench, No Moffat and Miller, Chalmers dropped out, new faces on the way. We'll have the biggest squad we have ever had shortly

I really hope we don’t see Moffat continually bombed from the squad - able to offer something completely different off the bench. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I really hope we don’t see Moffat continually bombed from the squad - able to offer something completely different off the bench. 

Hopkin seems hell bent on replacing the whole squad, Maxwell for Reading and McCallister for Houston. the new midfielder will replace Murdoch and it'll all be gone. 

The midfield of Murdoch and Chalmers was poor last year and Hopkin made it worse when he removed them and replaced them with Miller and Barjonas rather than trying to add the piece that was missing........and is still missing. 

2 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Dundee Utd odds against just to win in 90 minutes on Saturday. Did not expect that at all. 

Saw that, 6/5 against, I thought they'd be around 4/7.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Hopkin seems to favour his own players more than most. New managers can't always clear an entire squad so end up working with what they have.  Hopkin seems intent in getting all l his own men in and this is perhaps due to his playing style

3 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

What's happened to Michael Miller, is he injured at the moment? He seems to have drifted right out of the picture.

He missed the Killie game with tonsillitis.

Edited by Kitty_Boy