The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Help !!!

Does anyone know if by logging in to the site that it will automatically add my Dundee Utd ticket on to my season ticket ?

It's saying "delivery  e-ticket"

Is that correct ?

Looking back at Monday we offered little going forward for the first 70 min but long punts but ehen we made the changes we came into it a bit albeit the subs were 10 mins late and the ghosts hand ball knocked the stuffing out if us, on to Saturday I'm looking forward to see O'Conner I think he could be a brilliant signing and we seem to have done a lot of work on the pitch surely we have not done this just to shell it from one 18 yard box to the other, Mondays gone we get 3 more chances to shut them up let's. Let's put to bed that horror show up at Arbroath a few months back

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Would be an okay signing but we are still lacking someone in midfield who will put their foot on the ball and try and play. Chalmers is literally the only midfielder we have that will try that and he’s utter shit.

Chalmers has played his whole career at a level above Ayr, Ayr paid a fee for him. Hes can’t be a bad player.

He has been shit but we are not playing to his strengths. Last season, every player to a man was shit and I can’t see how any midfielders are going to thrive after Monday’s shitshow unless they shapeshifters that can be in 3 places at once

2 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Duffyball mixed with Hoppyball.

Hopkin: HOOOOF. Jim, anything to add?

Duffy: HOOOOF HARDER!

We played the ball on the deck for 2 games and looked good. Turns out the teams we were playing were just surprised we didn’t go long all game

that ended at 7:45 on Monday where we returned to “hit it as hard as you can in whatever direction you are facing” 

a passage of play on Monday was typically I don’t have a clear swipe at the ball so I will pass it to someone who does…..whaaabosh, out for a throw-in midway in to the Kilmarnock half. 

6 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
4 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:
Next game at somerset chris burke needs put up 3 ft in the ayr in the 1st 5 mins. 

You'll have to get someone near him first..

Nonsense original quote, you need to get on him and have a left mid capable of helping Reading out, it was glaringly obvious on Monday 

Chalmers isn't brilliant but in the right formation he would help, you'd be wanting better but right now he's our only midfielder comfortable on the ball, put legs around him and get him on the ball........that said Pirlo wouldn't help in that anti football used on Monday night, if this garbage continues Mr Smith might have another BIG decision to make. 

Reading put in one of the worst full backs displays I’ve ever seen on Monday night. Yes, he required help (which Hopkin should have given him, instead of watching it unfold) but in one on one situations to be roasted on so many occasions was embarrassing. He has looked good this season, up until then so hopefully he learns very quickly from it and does well at the weekend. 

Chris burke is by a distance Kilmarnocks best player to let a young fullback handle him on his own is incredibly naive, the once again empty shirt that is McKenzie was left mid and never helped once tbf he never did anything at all, Reading wasn't great but I reckon it was a tactical mistake as much as a poor performance 

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Would be an okay signing but we are still lacking someone in midfield who will put their foot on the ball and try and play. Chalmers is literally the only midfielder we have that will try that and he’s utter shit.

A starting eleven, squad generally and the tactics that are employed week to week are, or certainly should be, a bi product of the manager. How he sees us playing, what he thinks will get results and how we go about doing it. 

Hopkin's teams where ever he's been a manager previously generally dont play that way. I'm not saying it's right or wrong just that we're seeing that there should be a lot more emphasis on the style of play a new manager brings to a club, more than I even considered previously. 

On the field, I feel we're in a bit of flux at the moment, probably highlighted by Monday nights "efforts". 

Players still a mixture of unsure, uncomfortable and uneasy with how we're setup and tactics / playing style that either don't come naturally to too many, are being poorly communicated or are being altered too radically from week to week. 

Would Hopkins have gone out and signed a Chalmers or even Murdoch? I genuinely doubt it. 

Its all about getting the ball up to a strong focal point first and then playing from there.

Even more baffling when you consider Hopkin was an excellent midfielder in his day, backed up by the clubs down South that he played for. 

If we can see how predictable things are, you can be sure every management team in the league can also see it.

Uneasy times for me. 

Edited by BukyOHare

39 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Chalmers has played his whole career at a level above Ayr, Ayr paid a fee for him. Hes can’t be a bad player.

He has been shit but we are not playing to his strengths. Last season, every player to a man was shit and I can’t see how any midfielders are going to thrive after Monday’s shitshow unless they shapeshifters that can be in 3 places at once

Didn’t think we’d paid a fee for a LONG time, or is this in the ‘nominal’ category

Edited by bazka6

26 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

A starting eleven, squad generally and the tactics that are employed week to week are, or certainly should be, a bi product of the manager. How he sees us playing, what he thinks will get results and how we go about doing it. 

Hopkin's teams where ever he's been a manager previously generally dont play that way. I'm not saying it's right or wrong just that we're seeing that there should be a lot more emphasis on the style of play a new manager brings to a club, more than I even considered previously. 

On the field, I feel we're in a bit of flux at the moment, probably highlighted by Monday nights "efforts". 

Players still a mixture of unsure, uncomfortable and uneasy with how we're setup and tactics / playing style that either don't come naturally to too many, are being poorly communicated or are being altered too radically from week to week. 

Would Hopkins have gone out and signed a Chalmers or even Murdoch? I genuinely doubt it. 

Its all about getting the ball up to a strong focal point first and then playing from there.

Even more baffling when you consider Hopkin was an excellent midfielder in his day, backed up by the clubs down South that he played for. 

If we can see how predictable things are, you can be sure every management team in the league can also see it.

Uneasy times for me. 

I think most of us wouldn’t mind if we actually were playing the ball up to a strong focal point, and playing from there. We just seem to hoof it aimlessly though.