The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

"We are Ayr, Super Ayr, no one likes us, we don't care! We hate Killie, But not enough to stop us going to their club shop instead of our own to get a name printed on the back of our shirts" 

Needs more work IMO.

I don't think this is fair at all. He had fucking absolutely nothing to work with and towards the end of the first half had resorted to the truly heroic effort of pretending to be two players: winning the knock-down and pushing it out to an invisible copy of himself to run onto. He had absolutely nothing from the officials and nothing in the substitutions was made with the aim of supporting him. If I were him I'd be justifiably raging tonight. The only player bar Albinson (who admittedly had little to do except two good saves, and wasn't as commanding as Their keeper) who is categorically blameless.
As has been mentioned, folk see the game differently, but f**k me i completely disagree. (see below)
We set out our stall from the word go that we were going to defend for 90 mins and invite pressure, why ??
It must be fantastic playing against a team with no attacking threat, knowing that you will have about 30 corners and umpteen shots at goal (to their zero) and that even on an off night you'll likely get a deflected goal / og / dodgy penalty etc.
It actually reminded me in many ways of our league cup semi final except last night was even worse if that's even possible !!!
It was nowhere near as bad as that semi final, calm down.

That was a horrendous display with zero attacking intent. Last night we did attempt to attack but we were just useless.

We all see the game differently, however with the little service he had he won most 50/50's, he held the ball up and laid it off when he could, he was clearly fouled and should have had a penalty and his yellow card was through clear frustration at both the incompetence of the referee and the lack of support he was getting from his team mates.
Personally I saw enough of his pace, touch and endeavour to know that we have a real player on our hands.
I'm stunned by folk defending adeloye for last night's performance. I thought he was so often completely anonymous, got caught offside in some ridiculous situations (usually because he was late in wandering back), and threw himself to the ground far too easily.

I hate players diving against us so I'm going to call it out when our players do it (as i did oaten enough with forrest).

I still hope he'll be a great striker but last night has me worried.

5 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

You could tell he was getting frustrated. I'm sure with his previous teams he was getting balls through to his feet as opposed to this hoofing nonsense that he's to pick up from out of the air from 40 yards away, against taller and possibly better built defenders.

His yellow card was because he was genuinely annoyed, which shows he actually wants to make an impact and hasn't had the means to do so as of Yet.  There's a striker there, definitely. 

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

As has been mentioned, folk see the game differently, but f**k me i completely disagree. (see below) It was nowhere near as bad as that semi final, calm down.

That was a horrendous display with zero attacking intent. Last night we did attempt to attack but we were just useless.

I'm stunned by folk defending adeloye for last night's performance. I thought he was so often completely anonymous, got caught offside in some ridiculous situations (usually because he was late in wandering back), and threw himself to the ground far too easily.

I hate players diving against us so I'm going to call it out when our players do it (as i did oaten enough with forrest).

It was worse than the semi final IMO, we made it through ninety minutes without conceding for a start. Secondly, that Kilmarnock side actually was a side of players far better than ours, this one was a Kilmarnock side full of championship players. We created zero chances in either game (as far as I can remember) so it’s a win to last nights team for me!

You could tell he was getting frustrated. I'm sure with his previous teams he was getting balls through to his feet as opposed to this hoofing nonsense that he's to pick up from out of the air from 40 yards away, against taller and possibly better built defenders.
His yellow card was because he was genuinely annoyed, which shows he actually wants to make an impact and hasn't had the means to do so as of Yet.  There's a striker there, definitely. 
Aye he was clearly passionate - but the stupid offsides need to be dealt with.

Hopefully we can get him some better service as he's not a striker that'll work with our long ball set-up.

It was worse than the semi final IMO, we made it through ninety minutes without conceding for a start. Secondly, that Kilmarnock side actually was a side of players far better than ours, this one was a Kilmarnock side full of championship players. We created zero chances in either game (as far as I can remember) so it’s a win to last nights team for me!
No way is it worse.

We got players forward last night on a few occasions, even in the first half. One we went behind we actually started to get some control and looked quite dangerous. The second goal was a killer - but we were certainly playing a bit better when it came.

That semi final is one of the most negative set-ups I've ever seen. Yes it was relatively successful but f**k me it was depressing.

Last night we showed killie far too much respect - but we also played really poorly.

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

No way is it worse.

We got players forward last night on a few occasions, even in the first half. One we went behind we actually started to get some control and looked quite dangerous. The second goal was a killer - but we were certainly playing a bit better when it came.

That semi final is one of the most negative set-ups I've ever seen. Yes it was relatively successful but f**k me it was depressing.

Last night we showed killie far too much respect - but we also played really poorly.

A draw over ninety minutes against far better players, versus a 2-0 pumping from a team of far inferior players....

We looked dangerous for around ten seconds, when O’Connor went by a couple of players - that was it really!

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

A draw over ninety minutes against far better players, versus a 2-0 pumping from a team of far inferior players....

We looked dangerous for around ten seconds, when O’Connor went by a couple of players - that was it really!

Who would we not take from that Killie team?

Are they really that bad?

Although, 1 player made all the difference for Killie - take him out, and it could have been a lot different.

40 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Aye he was clearly passionate - but the stupid offsides need to be dealt with.

Hopefully we can get him some better service as he's not a striker that'll work with our long ball set-up.

There's a few technically gifted players within the ranks of Ayr. Murdoch, Moffat, O'Connor.... Debatable Chalmers. 

Yet it seems to be long balls from the back constant 🤔 You would think that both Mcginty and Afolabi would have some ability being from Man utd and Celtic originally. Put the ball on the ground and watch the massive change in the team. 

IMO the best player Ayr had was the keeper. Some phenomenal saves yesterday and without him, would have been more than a 2 - 0 defeat. Couldn't do much with the harsh penalty, I'm certain even Killie fans will concede that it was harsh. 

Would Chalmers have made a difference yesterday from a set piece? 

Edited by Roxanne's man

Time to drop the Killie game chat , its over ,we lost get over it . Arbroath game is only days away ,hugely important game . I'm hoping he bin's the 4-5-1 for this game for a few reasons ,I'd go with 3-5-2 ! …. 1. its gets Fjortoft on the pitch ,to take control of McGinty and Baird , 2. It get us a second striker on the field, probably Jonathon ,this should help big Tommi steady up . 3.Somewhere in that midfield five surely we can find a place for O'Conner ?

Albinson

Baird    Fjortoft    McGinty

Huston    Murdoch  Muirhead  O'Conner  Maxwell

Tommi      Johnnie

8 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I don't understand how he could be anonymous when he was the sole recipient of Ayr's out ball. I'll agree that he was handled far too easily but that's because four or five players could be on him at their leisure at any time, knowing that no other Ayr player would even be over the halfway line. Likewise for the offsides, he can't really be expected to both a) pick up every ball shelled into the middle of their half by Albinson and also b) be in a perfect position to go past his man (men) every time some other Ayr player somehow picks up the ball and, yes, immediately blasts it in his general direction.

This Saturday is going to be painful.

14 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

As much as Monday was poor, it was never going to define our season, win or lose. All down to how we react on Saturday. We do have good players, it’s all up to Hopkin to now get a tune out of them….

I think it will, you can normally go a quarter of the season playing one way before you get found out. Sometimes the players you have are better than the ones you are playing or they simply don’t make mistakes and you can continue playing that way.

We were found out on day one, no midfield so keep the ball and attack the wings because the centre half’s won’t support the full back and they have no width.

the way we play is Hopkins master plan after long ball football so unless he has something up his sleeve it will be very much the tone of the season

28 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

As much as Monday was poor, it was never going to define our season, win or lose. All down to how we react on Saturday. We do have good players, it’s all up to Hopkin to now get a tune out of them….

Wouldn’t be so sure about that.  Hopkin doesn’t have enough credit in the bank with the fans for performances like Monday.  And in truth, it’s just a continuation of the pattern we saw from last season with a different set of players.  When you think back to the performances against Clyde and Arbroath, it’s tough to see what happened on Monday as being an isolated problem.

If ever a manager needed to prove that his football philosophy (whatever that is) actually works, then it’s Hopkin.