The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Yes, I know all of this. Doesn't make it okay to use that term. Just because you don't intend to be racist doesn't make something not racist. 

dont talk daft.

If I dont intend saying something as racist, it's not racist, especially to people of the same race as me.

35 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Unless you were sitting with your fingers in your ears for most of the game, that can't be true. It was sung several times, definitely less vociferously than usual, but still by enough folk. @itzdrkis right about it too - we may all know that the term isn't racist in terms of how it historically came around, but in 2021 I think it's time to bin it.

Oh, aye, it was sung, as was the usual "see? they're just currants in disguise" crap. In fairness, I thought the crowd noise had been somewhat muted, perhaps due to the fact that most of our paeans to the neighbours would merit an Advisory sticker, and with no opposition, you could hear every word clear as a bell. 

46 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Sorry mate, I generally applaud your positivity, but he wasn't anywhere near outstanding. He was barely average if I'm being totally honest, a 5 or 6 out of 10 for me. 

He was dragged into mediocrity with too many of our players I'm afraid.

Setup to fail by tactics that belong in the 80s. This morning's a mixture of anger and disappointment for me after that display. 

On the night we can have no arguments with the final result, perhaps you can call out a couple of talking points through the game but you're going to get those in every game. It's been said already we've got 3 other league games against them.

However, I'd be calling for the managers head if we're as abject in those games as we were last night. 

Salty Tears Mug - Funny Tea Hot Cocoa Coffee Cup - Novelty Birthday  Christmas... | eBay

38 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Last night was the worst derby performance I have ever seen, by a distance. Mainly because it’s the closest matched the two sides have ever been, and it looked like we were several leagues apart. 

Oh, dear Lord. I, and I'm sure many of my fellow "mature" Killie fans can remember hoping, not expecting to get a result against Ayr. Thankfully those days are long gone, and your place in our shadow is assured for eternity. 

1 minute ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Oh, dear Lord. I, and I'm sure many of my fellow "mature" Killie fans can remember hoping, not expecting to get a result against Ayr. Thankfully those days are long gone, and your place in our shadow is assured for eternity. 

I’m not old as f**k though so...

One final point, 67 minutes last night until he felt a substitution was necessary. Genuinely unbelievable. Let’s just move on from that absolute shitshow, if Saturday is anything like last night then Hopkin can leave immediately as far as I’m concerned though. 

Albinson

Houston      Fjortroft       Baird    Maxwell

Muirhead   Murdoch 

Salkeld                                                   O’Connor

Afolabi       Adeloye   

Just sign a central midfielder and Muirhead can drop back in place of Baird.!

Edited by No_Problemo

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

One final point, 67 minutes last night until he felt a substitution was necessary. Genuinely unbelievable. Let’s just move on from that absolute shitshow, if Saturday is anything like last night then Hopkin can leave immediately as far as I’m concerned though. 

Albinson

Houston      Fjortroft       McGinty   Maxwell

Muirhead   Murdoch 

Salkeld                                                   O’Connor

Afolabi       Adeloye   

Just sign a central midfielder and Muirhead can drop back in place of McGinty. 

Hate to break this to you but McGinty is a shoe in for a start, he's got the captains armband for one which shows how much Hopkin trusts him. FWIW I don't think Baird or McGinty really did too much wrong last night, they were under constant pressure as well so it inevitable that they would eventually let something through like any other defender in the league.

We haven't seen any of the clangers we expected from McGinty thus far, from what we've seen of him at other clubs. Obviously the real tests are only just beginning now the league has kicked off but, long may it continue. 

Just now, Hawk89 said:

Hate to break this to you but McGinty is a shoe in for a start, he's got the captains armband for one which shows how much Hopkin trusts him. FWIW I don't think Baird or McGinty really did too much wrong last night, they were under constant pressure as well so it inevitable that they would eventually let something through like any other defender in the league.

We haven't seen any of the clangers we expected from McGinty thus far, from what we've seen of him at other clubs. Obviously the real tests are only just beginning now the league has kicked off but, long may it continue. 

He certainly had his moments last night, just none of them ended in a goal or a red card.

We had many faults last night but don't think either McGinty or Baird were any of them. I also though Albinson did very well and looks a very competent keeper.

I like Reading but he got an absolute roasting from Burke and didn't get much help from others either.

Hewitt and McKenzie looked a little out of their depth (formation and tactics didn't help them), Murdoch was poor and Muirhead not involved enough either so all in all the Manager has a few decisions to make for Saturday.

On a plus note I thought O'Connor looked very impressive in his short cameo appearance but we really do need to get more possession and get the centre of the park sorted out and fast !!!

My immediate feeling after last night is nothing more or less than frustration. I’m not angry we lost as I half expected it. I’m more annoyed at how much respect we showed to a bang average Kilmarnock team. There wasn’t any overly poor individual performance but the whole approach to the game was very wrong.

The defence being under constant pressure and the fact that Adeloye was so isolated are the two things we really need to look at for this season. Hopefully Hopkin is still looking at adding a striker and another midfielder.

For Saturday though I’d go with this team.

Albinson

Fjortoft
Muirhead
McGinty

Houston
Murdoch
Miller
Reading

Afolabi
Adeloye
O’Connor

11 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I've had enough, who is going to stand against that fucking racist song and who is going to allow it to happen ever again.   Pick your side. 

11 hours ago, itzdrk said:

This ends now

1 hour ago, Coooombe said:

There is zero justification for calling somebody a "black b*" in 2021. It needs binned. 

😂😂😂

8 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Came onto this thread to read people’s thoughts on the game and we’re debating whether that song is racist

Reveal hidden contents

it’s not and you are quite simply a clown if you think otherwise. 

Edgy man