The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

49 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Favourite moments from last night's "derby" include the wee team turning up in our training kit and being warned for time-wasting after 19 minutes, the worst visiting fullback (no3, I'm not even going to bother looking him up 😂), and managing to get a player booked in the context of their own free kick.

An absolute shambles going out with a whimper against a newly assembled Killie side who are only going to get better. 

And you waited DECADES for that 😂😂😂

7 games played including preseason friendlies, with a team who only met 6 and a half weeks ago for the 1st time and have yet to taste a defeat on the pitch is probably well beyond what most Killie fans imagined would happen.

TW has to take enormous credit for the rebuild job he's done so far and hopefully with one or two pieces of quality still to add, he'll have us set up nicely to compete throught the season at the right end of the table.....

Just now, Cmac1869 said:

Ayr set up far too defensively. The boy upfront was hiding behind Euan Murray all night. The game could have been 4-0 and nobody would have complained. Surprised by the lack of fight by the Ayr side. All 22 players were making Ayrshire derby debuts. 

The guy O’Connor should have started he was the only player who worried us when he came in 

Absolutely. 

I thought the defence looking pretty decent at times last night, but there was some very poor finishing on show. 

Letting Killie come at us allowed them to create enough chances were, had they a decent striker, they could have absolutely demolished us.

Inviting teams to come at us while offering nothing in midfield and attack is absolutely pointless. There was no need to lump balls up the park to no one. We should have been more patient and tried to keep possession more. 

O'Connor should have started that game, as we looked better going forwards when he was on.

7 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Apparently, in the most desirable city to live in - Wakefield. That's work, though, I live in East Yorkshire, near some emoji202.png and a shed load of emoji200.png.

I was born in Doncaster, South Yorkshire.

10 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

Disappointed in the result but killie were not levels above us on another day we could have had at least a point

Everyone has different expectations for their team I suppose. If my team had one late free kick on target and produced no other saves from the keeper, and our left back won his first tackle against his winger about 80 minutes in, I'd be raging. But I suppose when you're a fan of a diddy team like Ayr playing against a massive club, that must seem like you've really competed. 

10 hours ago, WATTOO said:

That said, Adeloye was outstanding

The boy upfront?!?!?!?!

Aye, he was out standing in an offside position the full game! I honestly cannot remember him contributing ANYTHING else to the entire game other than getting booked for a toddler tantrum. 

An outstanding forward who had no shots on target and one off, jesus 🤣

I've had enough, who is going to stand against that fucking racist song and who is going to allow it to happen ever again.   Pick your side. 
100% this, it's well time it was binned, if you still feel the need to sing Super Ayr at least change the word to dirty stinking anything other than the word that is used just now.

1 minute ago, Hawk89 said:

Did we win the highest kick battle atleast?

There was one in the second half from Jason Naismith that looked as though it rebounded off the underside of the West Stand and into someone who wasn't paying attention.  One of those "funny because it wasn't me" moments.

8 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
9 hours ago, itzdrk said:
I've had enough, who is going to stand against that fucking racist song and who is going to allow it to happen ever again.   Pick your side. 

100% this, it's well time it was binned, if you still feel the need to sing Super Ayr at least change the word to dirty stinking anything other than the word that is used just now.

Would this be an issue if you won?

Doubt it.

1 minute ago, Killiefan said:

Would this be an issue if you won?

Doubt it.

Actually it has been mentioned on here a number of times over the past few years, same on SRE on Facebook. If you are happy singing it then that is more a reflection on yourself than anything else. 

when are killie going to ditch the hello hello stuff?is it an ayrshire proddie thing?god only knows why you would want to sound like rangers fans.

cringe,cringe,cringe

also can’t believe the killie fans reaction to beating ayr utd.embarrassing.what time is the open top bus today?

13 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

when are killie going to ditch the hello hello stuff?is it an ayrshire proddie thing?god only knows why you would want to sound like rangers fans.

cringe,cringe,cringe

also can’t believe the killie fans reaction to beating ayr utd.embarrassing.what time is the open top bus today?

Salty tears.

34 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Everyone has different expectations for their team I suppose. If my team had one late free kick on target and produced no other saves from the keeper, and our left back won his first tackle against his winger about 80 minutes in, I'd be raging. But I suppose when you're a fan of a diddy team like Ayr playing against a massive club, that must seem like you've really competed. 

The boy upfront?!?!?!?!

Aye, he was out standing in an offside position the full game! I honestly cannot remember him contributing ANYTHING else to the entire game other than getting booked for a toddler tantrum. 

An outstanding forward who had no shots on target and one off, jesus 🤣

Kilbirnie fan calling Ayr diddy 😂

10 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

Needs to be something like this on Saturday IMO

Screenshot_20210802-224149.png

Murdoch was poor again I thought and ironically the couple of forward passes on the deck that we actually managed, came from Muirhead !!!

Unless you play with two out and out wingers then the modern game only seems to work if you have possession of the football, this hoofing it up to nobody just didn't work and isn't going to work, it's also wasting the clear talents of Adeloye and certainly wouldn't play to the strengths of O'Connor.

Whether or not we're capable or even interested in playing out from the back is another matter, however shelling long balls will only result in two things, one will be poor results and a poor spectacle and the other will be growing frustration and agitation among our support until it all finally boils over.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed when I saw the starting line up. I felt like there was an inevitability about how we were going to play, and it's largely how it panned out.
Not even attempting to play through the midfield was either an admission that we don't have the players in the lineup to do it, or the game plan was to bypass them for as long as possible and hope they'd catch up higher up the park and maybe turn Killies defence a couple of times.

I couldn't really give a shit about "playing the right way" garbage people in football like to throw around, a win is a win. Whatever you're doing, if it's effective, then who really cares? Last night was neither.

Nah, still fuming with Hopkin. 

A team including Haunstrup, Euan Murray, Stephen McGinn, Blair fucking Alston, Fraser Murray and Innes Cameron.

Mainly decent championship players, but we set up like we were playing a team on another level. Soft, hopeless and not anywhere near fucking good enough. 

9 hours ago, flood said:

I did not hear that tonight…

Unless you were sitting with your fingers in your ears for most of the game, that can't be true. It was sung several times, definitely less vociferously than usual, but still by enough folk. @itzdrkis right about it too - we may all know that the term isn't racist in terms of how it historically came around, but in 2021 I think it's time to bin it.

11 hours ago, WATTOO said:

That said, Adeloye was outstanding

Sorry mate, I generally applaud your positivity, but he wasn't anywhere near outstanding. He was barely average if I'm being totally honest, a 5 or 6 out of 10 for me. 

He was dragged into mediocrity with too many of our players I'm afraid.

Setup to fail by tactics that belong in the 80s. This morning's a mixture of anger and disappointment for me after that display. 

On the night we can have no arguments with the final result, perhaps you can call out a couple of talking points through the game but you're going to get those in every game. It's been said already we've got 3 other league games against them.

However, I'd be calling for the managers head if we're as abject in those games as we were last night. 

3 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed when I saw the starting line up. I felt like there was an inevitability about how we were going to play, and it's largely how it panned out.
Not even attempting to play through the midfield was either an admission that we don't have the players in the lineup to do it, or the game plan was to bypass them for as long as possible and hope they'd catch up higher up the park and maybe turn Killies defence a couple of times.

I couldn't really give a shit about "playing the right way" garbage people in football like to throw around, a win is a win. Whatever you're doing, if it's effective, then who really cares? Last night was neither.

We set out our stall from the word go that we were going to defend for 90 mins and invite pressure, why ??

It must be fantastic playing against a team with no attacking threat, knowing that you will have about 30 corners and umpteen shots at goal (to their zero) and that even on an off night you'll likely get a deflected goal / og / dodgy penalty etc.

It actually reminded me in many ways of our league cup semi final except last night was even worse if that's even possible !!!

33 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

Just because you don't have a proper derby doesn't mean nobody else can.