The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, we need to get him support and if we do then I think he'll be a bloody good player for us.

if only there were a player at Ayr United Football Club who excelled in partnership with a creative goalscorer and who had picked up the knack for known-downs!

Just now, Hazbart said:

Jeez, we’d get smashed in the middle of the park with that.

The middle of the park, that thing which Ayr currently treat as some Chernobyl-esque disaster zone to be bypassed at all costs.

Pros:

O’Connor looked decent.
Adeloye did alright with the awful service.
Albinson did fairly well.
There was plenty of endeavour which was a welcome change from last seasons shitebags.

Cons:

Our constant shelling of the ball.
No one in the midfield looked capable of holding onto the ball or providing some creativity.
For such a physical team we didn’t half give away a tonne of free headers in the box.
The more the game went on the more McGinty looked like the player every Morton and Thistle fan told us about.
Not having a go until it was far too late.

I’m not writing off the season yet like some are, but it was shite.

I can't believe how much we shat the bed tonight, then rather than try and fix things decided just to sleep in it. 

70 minutes of Burke having free reign down the right side, not having possession for more than 3 passes, two forwards that looked less likely to score than Albinson, one that tried his best to hide despite declaring he was ready for war a few hours previous. To sit in our own shite for 70 minutes was a difficult watch and I hope there was a crowd there to see the team bus back. 

The keeper did well, McAdams has a fight to be in the team any time soon

McGinty was suspect early on but the back 3 were mostly ok. 

Murdoch and Hewitt did ok but needed help

McKenzie should have been hooked, maybe not started, in favour of a more defensive midfielder

Salkeld, plenty of running but did nothing at all

Adeloye, hid for most of the game, put himself about but looked to win fouls more than he looked to win the ball

O'Conner, looked ok but the style of play didn't suit him

Afolabi, Don't remember him touching the ball

Maxwell, Don't remember him touching the ball

For all the praise Hopkin and the team got for the cup group stages, they deserve the slagging they will get tonight, that was fucking awful 

41 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I'm sure the whole thing would look different if our fans were allowed in. 

I bet you are glad you gave us £15 to print roxannes Man on back of your strip now ya fanny. 

Priceless to see as you say 

1 hour ago, Hursty said:

I thought we would get beat tonight but didn't think we would get outclassed so much.  They was like full time v part time stuff.  Arbroath at home all of a sudden seems to be the biggest 'must win" that Hopkin will get before everyone turns. 

After last season was always a must win

47 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Eh, I tried. All the best this season lads.

Sorry mate. Just lashing out at the fact Killie have probably just had the most comfortable win they will have all season.  Not a good feeling. 

Sorry mate. Just lashing out at the fact Killie have probably just had the most comfortable win they will have all season.  Not a good feeling. 
Trust me, we will have far more comfortable games than that. We will also struggle in a lot too. That's the Championship.

Hope you are at the right end of the league when the last 2 games are played. It will maybe mean more when the result is the same. [emoji6]

4 minutes ago, kilMARKnock said:

Trust me, we will have far more comfortable games than that. We will also struggle in a lot too. That's the Championship.

Hope you are at the right end of the league when the last 2 games are played. It will maybe mean more when the result is the same. emoji6.png

Very well said. 

Honestly fuming with that performance, and summed up every worry about Hopkin. 

Inability to pick the right team, inability to change the blatantly obvious, completely shitebagging the game and the constant punting it. We made them look several levels better than us. 
Aye, pretty much this for me.

That first half was painful, and we needed to get to grips with Burke much sooner. But most worrying is that no-one was willing to put their foot on the ball.

When we inevitability went behind, we started to actually play. O'connor looked very good but we need a much better set-up.