The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Still absolutely gutted that away fans wont be at the game. Really hope we cut off our nose to spite our face and dont allow them into the game at Somerset but of course we'll bow over to their £ signs. Would not suprise me one bit if away fans are at the next kilmarnock game

Nicola is lifting restrictions further a week today so likely be alot more fans at all games by then. To be honest I don't get the annoyance at not being allowed to go ahead of ST holders, I'd be absolutely raging if Ayr turned round and said only x % of ST holders can get in as we want to have 500 away fans in. The decision is in the hands of East Ayrshire Council so not much the club can do about it if they have restricted numbers. Personally would take every penny our club could get at the moment. 

1 hour ago, honestly united said:

I was talking with one of my mates earlier in lets all point and laugh at Killie way, and we were wondering how much the are losing out on tonight in terms of Covid restrictions and the game being on TV. We reckoned about 8,000 fans in person and about 2,000 streams so about £200k in total (if you include the additional spend at the ground) which you would assume they had budget for before the fixture list came out. Does that seem about right to everyone?

Whilst I’m sure this is the case in terms of lost revenue I would like to think that my club and everyone else has budgeted for zero/1000/2000 fans per week from now until Christmas.

3 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Whilst I’m sure this is the case in terms of lost revenue I would like to think that my club and everyone else has budgeted for zero/1000/2000 fans per week from now until Christmas.

What's likely to change for the better at Christmas ??

I'd imagine from November to April could be the most likely time of restrictions as opposed to the next couple of months.

14 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Obviously they will as it’s after 9th August and therefore social distancing will be scrapped and it’ll be unlimited numbers at football stadia. Not sure what point your trying to make here. 

You have more belief in the SG than I do if you believe there will be full capacities at football grounds in a weeks time 

47 minutes ago, mccurdieboy said:

Took a drive up to rugby Park and gave kids a laugh when all killie fans were queuing up gor there tickets by shouting come on Ayr should have saw the looks I got lol

Wow, your kids must think you’re a great laugh.

35 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Still absolutely gutted that away fans wont be at the game. Really hope we cut off our nose to spite our face and dont allow them into the game at Somerset but of course we'll bow over to their £ signs. Would not suprise me one bit if away fans are at the next kilmarnock game

So am I, it'll be a weird atmosphere and feels almost like it's a waste of the fixture.  I don't even know who I'm going to gloat at as Kilmarnock roll in their third goal...

I'm slightly surprised you guys have put tickets on sale to play ourselves at home on Saturday, and after thinking 1600 would be enough against Falkirk, now think you'll hit 2000 and can't give any tickets to away fans..... 

I honestly had no idea Arbroath had got so bigtime and were such a crowd puller....

6 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

I'm slightly surprised you guys have put tickets on sale to play ourselves at home on Saturday, and after thinking 1600 would be enough against Falkirk, now think you'll hit 2000 and can't give any tickets to away fans..... 

I honestly had no idea Arbroath had got so bigtime and were such a crowd puller....

They’ve not said you won’t get tickets at all, would imagine a win tonight would spark a bit of interest throughout the week. Would imagine you’ll get a few hundred. 

5 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Not an ideal situation at all and I suppose our own fans shouldn't be getting stuck into Killie for not allowing away fans when we're doing the same ourselves.

Of course, the real farce is the fact that a ground which holds nearly 11,000 is being limited to a ridiculous 2,000 when virtually all restrictions have now been dropped in normal society.....

In the year of our Lord, 2021

Patrons of Ayr, clean and well fed, switched on to BBC Scotland to watch the Super, charge the field of Rugby Park. 

They play like they are magic

They ripple the kilmarnock nets

And pump the Killie. 

20210802153945.jpg

Is it not something to do with the away end being used as a route to the away changing facilities? 
The enclosure is being used for subs and the ambulance folk as well. 
mot would only really be the main stand that could hold away fans and that is limited.
Wouldn’t have imagined Arbroath would bring over 100 fans and we were supposed to be giving Falkirk 600 so f**k knows 

26 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

I'd imagine the cutoff is 1600 / 400 or 2000 / 0 as would have to give the entire Railway End to away fans.   Makes sense then to see if we have demand above the 1600.   If we win tonight we would probably get close to the 2000.... get pumped and Arbroath probably get as many as they want haha