The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, Iain said:

Is Hopkin getting a pass on his 'two strikers in before the Kilmarnock game' declaration? Seems the line has just been dropped subsequently.

As he got us out of the premier sports cup group then yes. A competitive performance tonight and can wait a bit longer

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Nice 👍

I'm thinking of going for a similar setup above my garage. Have read a lot on the right projector to buy. Have to be careful as there are lots of Chinese brands out there that claim to have great specs but are crap.

I bought a shite Chinese one for £20 to try it out and realised I'd rather have a big TV than a projector, sometimes that cheap shite has a place! 

I see the garbage BBC have posted an article on the game which is up to their usual standards, first game killie won in 1880 !!!! Really that is some doing, we had to wait apparently until 1914 ....four years after being formed and forgetting all the Ayr Parkhouse and Ayr FC victories then.....usual shite from the rotten to the core propaganda machine. 

5 hours ago, Iain said:

Is Hopkin getting a pass on his 'two strikers in before the Kilmarnock game' declaration? Seems the line has just been dropped subsequently.

The exact quote is: We’re working hard to get a couple over the line, but if not I’ll be more than happy to go to Kilmarnock with what we have,” said Hopkin. So tbf to him he didn’t say we’d defo have two strikers in for Kilmarnock he just said they are working hard to get them over the line. Hopefully we’ve got another couple of additions for the Arbroath game on Saturday 

6 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

I see the garbage BBC have posted an article on the game which is up to their usual standards, first game killie won in 1880 !!!! Really that is some doing, we had to wait apparently until 1914 ....four years after being formed and forgetting all the Ayr Parkhouse and Ayr FC victories then.....usual shite from the rotten to the core propaganda machine. 

A bit harsh on the BBC, not sure the reporting was that dodgy. Apart from not realising that Ayr FC and Ayr United are two entirely different teams.

39 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The exact quote is: We’re working hard to get a couple over the line, but if not I’ll be more than happy to go to Kilmarnock with what we have,” said Hopkin. So tbf to him he didn’t say we’d defo have two strikers in for Kilmarnock he just said they are working hard to get them over the line. Hopefully we’ve got another couple of additions for the Arbroath game on Saturday 

Exactly. Show me a team in the country who still wouldn't like to add a striker or two to their squad. Of course you could be critical and say that ideally our business would've been pretty much done by now but it isn't. It is what it is. I had my doubts that we'd get the job done at Inverness last season or Hamilton this season, we did. 

Time ticking on as the need for patience, clear heads and an unwavering commitment to the cause edges closer. 

Hopefully what we might lack in flair, we more than make up for in organisation, teamwork, desire and will to win. 

Time for boys to become men, for journeymen to find their home, for a group doubted by the majority to make a statement. If anybody takes a backward step we'll likely be coming home with nothing. 

The margins are that fine. Cmon boys, do us all proud. ⚫⚪⬛⬜

Edited by BukyOHare