The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

You’re saying we’re over cooked in defence when we’re not. We’re under stocked up the top end of the pitch, but that doesn’t mean we have too many defensive players. 

I didn't say that though, I said relative to the midfield and the strikers at the moment. That's exactly the same point as you just made. See below.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

The squad is imbalanced, that's pretty evident.

With 3/4 additions in the right places it would be fairly well balanced but we're overstocked in defence at the moment relative to the midfield and strikers.

20 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

It is common for clubs to have partnerships, Celtic, Slavia Prague, Liverpool and a Polish team I can’t remember had one, they sent 2-3 players to each club to train. None of them were expected to play first team football.

I’m sure the press conference about this partnership mentioned Ayr players training with Burnley as well for development. It doesn’t mean they will be first team ready either way. 

The original talk around the partnership (i posted the quotes last week or the week before) was that it would benefit Ayr as we were likely to get a couple of Burnley u23 players on loan and part of the reason of them playing us at Ayr was so that Hopkin could "run the rule over them" to see who we could potentially take on loan.

22 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Reckon you could match his 4k a week at United?

Actually I do feel in the not too distant future we will go large for the correct marque type signing . Who knows maybe LSA at 30 years old ...

35 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

No idea, that may have been Todorov, Smith, Cochrane…..Kelly…..who knows any more.

Shankland was flashing his knickers to potential suitors a couple of weeks ago, Maybe Smith is going to treat us. 

Or more likely, it’s a player that has since decided to sign for another club.

It was Smith .

McGinn chose another club

Toderov kind of did the same

The original talk around the partnership (i posted the quotes last week or the week before) was that it would benefit Ayr as we were likely to get a couple of Burnley u23 players on loan and part of the reason of them playing us at Ayr was so that Hopkin could "run the rule over them" to see who we could potentially take on loan.
"All clubs’ academies and women’s teams will compete in a summer pre-season games and tournaments, while loan deals for Burnley’s academy players to gain experience at senior levels will also be considered"

Taken from the announcement on the Ayr website

The very notion that Shankland would come back to Ayr instead of immediately nestling under Uncle Ian's warm, inviting bosoms is almost charming. Not that he's doing it anyway.

So. Five days till the televised derby. Are people still thinking three or four players will be signed? Bear in mind that this is after noon on day 2 of Triple Signing Tuesday and there's been one so far.

4 minutes ago, Thumper said:

So. Five days till the televised derby. Are people still thinking three or four players will be signed? Bear in mind that this is after noon on day 2 of Triple Signing Tuesday and there's been one so far.

I'd still expect maybe 3 more before the end of the transfer window which is about 5 weeks away.  Doesn't really help for the first 3 or 4 league games of course 

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

We have definitely signed another player and should be hopefully officially announced very shortly 

Good news, I knew I was too soon hitting the panic button !!!