The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

It wasn't the then Scotland team I was mentioning, it was the 4-6-0 tactic used by levein. Imo the second worst Scotland manager of all time, as there was certainly a good team like you mentioned, wasted by questionable tactics. 

I'm seriously hoping that Hopkin gets someone in for the midfield and gets someone else upfront. I fear that Ayr might be shuffling players about on the pitch, in different positions with little attacking intent and relying on the longball counterattack for results. I have my fingers crossed though 🤞

How long ago was that Scotland team? 😊 Should I cross my fingers for Dorrans at Somerset or is that too ambitious? 

Already signed for Dunfermline, so you'll certainly see him. Just in the wrong colours. 

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2021 at 11:29, Finlay21 said:

Thought I saw a couple of new faces at training today 

So given that one of this couple was James Maxwell and the Burnley boys probably come in a brace ,then who it the other guys that was at training lightly to be .?

IF O'Conner happens can see us going with this:

McAdams

Baird Fjortoft McGinty 

Houston Murdoch Muirhead Reading 

O'Connor Adeloye Maxwell

Subs: Albinson, McCallister, Ecrepont, Miller, Chalmers, Salkeld, McKenzie, Moffat

1 or 2 on top of that from Burnley and Michael Hewitt leaves us with a pretty good depth IMO, would have like a 21/22 man squad. 

If that materialised i could see Hewitt and Ecrepont going out on loan, would make sense, with option to recall if we get fucked with injuries ofc

Edited by rb123!

Did anyone seriously think we would be going into a new season with the exact same central midfield options... bearing in mind it was an absolute abomination last season and one of our major issues. 

ETA, Gomez Mancini starts for the Burnley first team tonight, and Harker on the bench. 

Edited by No_Problemo

13 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Did anyone seriously think we would be going into a new season with the exact same central midfield options... bearing in mind it was an absolute abomination last season and one of our major issues. 

ETA, Gomez Mancini starts for the Burnley first team tonight, and Harker on the bench. 

I didn’t see us starting with the same midfield but if you think about it Murdoch is a different player to last season (well so it seems at this stage) 

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I didn’t see us starting with the same midfield but if you think about it Murdoch is a different player to last season (well so it seems at this stage) 

I really hope that is the case, but remains to be seen properly. At no point did I contemplate that Muirhead would most likely be starting there, alongside a youth player in the first game of the season either. Again, Hewitt has done well there, and provides lots of energy but IMO we need a bit more quality. 

Gomez looking good so I think there is zero chance we’re getting him, I’m really disappointed because he is a mixture of the doc and Kelly, would have been great still crossing my fingers but not hopeful, a bit like Drinnan situ of last year got into the squad and was going nowhere.

28 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I guess that's what happens when your midfield options are on two-year contracts.

Just now, Kitty_Boy said:

I guess that's what happens when your midfield options are on two-year contracts.

To an extent, yes - however with Chalmers, Miller and Murdoch already there that still leaves a spot which should have been filled with more quality before the league season beginning.