The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

47 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
52 minutes ago, HMIP said:
I see Ally Dawson died - think he was assistant manager for us in the mid 90s?

Was he not Gordon Dalziels assistant, IIRC Glynn Hurst talks very highly of him.

He was one a number of assistant managers Dalziel had during his time at Ayr. I think he had at least four.

I wish I had the time to offer to the club to help out.

Maybe the fans could pool together some areas of expertise, form a “work group” of volunteers that are connected to the club, and can offer some time to help out with various things.  Literally just thinking as I type, so forgive me if this sounds total pish.

One thing about this season that was a bit of an own goal was not selling season tickets as soon as Killie were relegated. It was a week after our last game if I recall correctly.  Little things like this might help. Organising a “registered” fans poll for strips.  Player interviews. Podcast (Derek) etc. So much engagement can happen to help capture and grow the next generation of season ticket holders.

Even a little thing like Tomi going over to the supporters at the end of the Hamilton game - these things stay and bond fans to a club.  I personally think all the players should be over to the support (Covid distancing obviously) at the end of every game. 

6 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Maybe the fans could pool together some areas of expertise, form a “work group” of volunteers that are connected to the club, and can offer some time to help out with various things.  Literally just thinking as I type, so forgive me if this sounds total pish.

One thing about this season that was a bit of an own goal was not selling season tickets as soon as Killie were relegated. It was a week after our last game if I recall correctly.  Little things like this might help. Organising a “registered” fans poll for strips.  Player interviews. Podcast (Derek) etc. So much engagement can happen to help capture and grow the next generation of season ticket holders.

Even a little thing like Tomi going over to the supporters at the end of the Hamilton game - these things stay and bond fans to a club.  I personally think all the players should be over to the support (Covid distancing obviously) at the end of every game. 

They do this in Germany in particular Dortmund and they have a huge affinity with the support 

3 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

They do this in Germany in particular Dortmund and they have a huge affinity with the support 

Yes, it's a totally different outlook in Germany where the fans are seen as the most important part of the club as opposed to a nuisance / necessary evil that some clubs and ruling bodies seem to see them as here.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, it's a totally different outlook in Germany where the fans are seen as the most important part of the club as opposed to a nuisance / necessary evil that some clubs and ruling bodies seem to see them as here.

As the great Jock Stein said 

“ Without fans football is nothing 

21 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

The harsh reality is that the vast majority of players who play/have played for the club couldn’t give a f**k about the club or the fans and we’re just simply a wage to them until they get something else. Of course there is a few exceptions of players who have played for the club and immediately “got it” and make a real connection with not just the club but the town as a whole. Nicky Devlin is the name which immediately springs to mind. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

16 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

What's the lottery fraud story? Havent heard that one and do enjoy a chuckle at the farces that club endure 

Think it may be a reference to an alleged incident surrounding the half time draw from a few years ago

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

02CC5D41-91E9-45C8-9B75-00CFDDC354B5.gif

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

Hmm the intrigue. Expand on that 😂

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

They were pulling fake names out a hat for the half time draw to avoid paying out a prize 

IIRC correctly the prize was a car

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

They were pulling fake names out a hat for the half time draw to avoid paying out a prize 

Ah. I bought one a few seasons back at the Nomads game (my pal had a spare ticket) and I'm sure it was just a number they announced. Pretty poor behaviour tbh