The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

16 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

There was never likely going to be anything today. Robbo basically confirmed there will be a triple signing tomorrow. 

Not sure about tomorrow, but definitely 1 today , you could be right might want to announce any further additions all at once , club don’t officially announce until SPFL confirmation, 

Edited by Finlay21

It would be like Ayr tweeting a picture of Tommy Burns in an Ayr strip from when he played in John Traynors testimonial on the anniversary of his death. Classless 
and like I said to your pal, f**k off

No it wouldn’t given that Tommy Burns was never an Ayr player.

It’s really not the big issue that you’re trying to make it out as.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

No it wouldn’t given that Tommy Burns was never an Ayr player.

It’s really not the big issue that you’re trying to make it out as.

Out of lottery fraud and getting the taxpayer to pay their debt, this is the subject you chose to pick out the 3 ? 

Out of lottery fraud and getting the taxpayer to pay their debt, this is the subject you chose to pick out the 3 ? 

I really couldn’t give a f**k about any of them tbh mate. Just pointing out that you’re getting yourself worked up over nothing in regards to the John Sludden thing.

Not sure about tomorrow, but definitely 1 today , you could be right might want to announce any further additions all at once , club don’t officially announce until SPFL confirmation, 

Unlike us to announce a signing so late in the day.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I really couldn’t give a f**k about any of them tbh mate. Just pointing out that you’re getting yourself worked up over nothing in regards to the John Sludden thing.

Im Not worked up, I mentioned reasons Kilmarnock, as a club lacked class. For some reason this was, out of the 3 that was picked up on by Kilmarnock fans and they foolishly thought I was interested in what they had to say. 

Sometimes being an Ayr fan is frustrating the club know we have had a the double disappoint of the Falkirk game being called off and a lot of folk who were getting into a game for the first time in 18 months getting that snatched away then today confirmation that Ayrshire Derby we have been looking forward to for months is only going to let home fans in, if the signing is complete and everything is signed and sealed just tell us give us a wee bit of excitement and something to look forward to.

Oh well, I would have taken Smithas he’s different to what weve got, I’m I  really disappointed no , I agree with other posters his work rate is suspect but as I said because he’s different it might have worked playing the false nine. I’ll be really disappointed if we don’t get the boy Mancini as I think he’ll do a Steven Kelly type job.

The boy Maxwell is also going to be a good signing and is exactly the type Hopkin likes very high work ethic, just another striker needed if we get the above the Burnley boy might do as he has the physique for it and is hungry, if not I trust Hoppy with what he brings regardless as all the ones he’s got up to now I’m more than happy with.

I might be wrong here, but I wonder if there is so much going on at the club that the threadbare staff that they do have really don’t have the time to tickle out little bellys?

If true, I’m not saying it’s right it wrong, and there is nothing better I’d like to see than a fantastic relationship between the club and the fans, with updates, social media, marketing, communications etc all being taken as seriously as the “serious” stuff.

We are so used to 24/7 access these days at big clubs, and 24 hour news, streaming instead of “cooncil telly” etc. We want it and we want it now.

2 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I might be wrong here, but I wonder if there is so much going on at the club that the threadbare staff that they do have really don’t have the time to tickle out little bellys?

If true, I’m not saying it’s right it wrong, and there is nothing better I’d like to see than a fantastic relationship between the club and the fans, with updates, social media, marketing, communications etc all being taken as seriously as the “serious” stuff.

We are so used to 24/7 access these days at big clubs, and 24 hour news, streaming instead of “cooncil telly” etc. We want it and we want it now.

It was good for a few years, fans were kept up to date but the last 18 months it has gone backwards. McCall couldn't do enough it appeared, it was a good way to keep the fans onside. 

Kerr seemed uncomfortable when he was interviewed and didn't offer the same information as McCall. Hopkin has barely been interviewed other than post-match. 

The commercial side, we normally got almost quarterly updates and initiatives from the club. There was a video after season tickets and away strips were on-sale. 

The majority of updates are now from Findlay on here. 

The club can complain about fans moaning but there is one thing that can stop it and that is up to date information and news. Over the summer, with no games, fans want to know when season tickets are on sale and how much, what the strips are like and when they will be on-sale ad what signings we are making. Getting this information compared to other years was pre-season rather than post season and it was like getting blood out of a stone. Part of the build up of excitement towards a new season is this information and it is has felt this season the club has grudgingly told us at times. 

8 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Being honest I feel closer to the clubs as a supporter having the likes of Robbo / Finlay, Rec Ed etc all being connected to the club and all posting on this forum. 

Despite some of the abuse Finlay's taken recently, he's helped me with quite a few things regarding ticketing issues and shop orders just through a PM on here and I'd doubt if I'm alone in this.

Like some of my fellow fans and posters, I work full time and  live over 25 miles from Ayr so can't just appear down at the shop at the drop of a hat, so the help I've got is very much appreciated and I also feel the real life personal touch is far more important than some unknown drone sitting firing out twitter updates every 5 mins some of which may be relevant but much of it not.

Don't get me wrong, I do believe the club could and should probably do more but I suppose we should remember that many of our staff and contributors are just volunteers and fellow supporters like ourselves, so really don't think we should be too hard on them as they're all just doing their best.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Being honest I feel closer to the clubs as a supporter having the likes of Robbo / Finlay, Rec Ed etc all being connected to the club and all posting on this forum. 

Despite some of the abuse Finlay's taken recently, he's helped me with quite a few things regarding ticketing issues and shop orders just through a PM on here and I'd doubt if I'm alone in this.

Like some of my fellow fans and posters, I work full time and  live over 25 miles from Ayr so can't just appear down at the shop at the drop of a hat, so the help I've got is very much appreciated and I also feel the real life personal touch is far more important than some unknown drone sitting firing out twitter updates every 5 mins some of which may be relevant but much of it not.

Don't get me wrong, I do believe the club could and should probably do more but I suppose we should remember that many of our staff and contributors are just volunteers and fellow supporters like ourselves, so really don't think we should be too hard on them as they're all just doing their best.

This is very true, however this is someone going above and beyond (I think anyway) as opposed to anything official from the club to support fans etc. It can be a bit shite when you try to get in touch by official means - I haven’t for a couple of years so that may have changed. 

Im sure there are lots of good things going on, but we just don’t hear about them very often. 

6 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

You mean unwarranted abuse?