The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Cheers, probably as expected in terms of how clinical he is, given lack of goals elsewhere. We’ve seen him hold it up very well, but I don’t think we’ve actually seen him carry the ball much at all - may change when he gets more round about him! 

Yeah its maybe just the role he was asked to play at Barnet that influenced the score there?

Trying to find a way to profile teams as a whole which can then make that clearer on these charts, but its a huge amount of work.

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

I was told we were looking at a winger who was on trip at Harrogate previously and that’s where O’Connor was last week. 

Interesting. If we’re meant to be signing three this week and he is one of them and Maxwell is another that suggests we’re possibly only getting one player from Burnley. 

31 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

NGL I'd lose no sleep if we didn't get anyone from Burnley

Aye, in the game we played against them none of them particularly stood out as being above this level. Gomez Mancini and Harker were undoubtably the two most tasty looking. As long as we do get another 3/4 In the door I wouldn’t be bothered if none of them were from Burnley. 

That being said AGM has a cracking name and I want him signed for that reason alone 

If we were in for Todorov, Cochran and Smith and didn't get them, there needs to be a review in to recruitment. If it is training in Alloway rather than Glasgow that is the issue, or simply down to the way we conduct business. 

This has ben one of the most frustrating pre-seasons I remember. More than when we lost half a dozen players because of a "leak" in the dressing room during the Daziel era. 

19 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Aye, in the game we played against them none of them particularly stood out as being above this level. Gomez Mancini and Harker were undoubtably the two most tasty looking. As long as we do get another 3/4 In the door I wouldn’t be bothered if none of them were from Burnley. 

That being said AGM has a cracking name and I want him signed for that reason alone 

Aye, not exactly a club known for either youth development progression or players going on to make it at a lower level after coming through the youth scene there.  A total who cares of a partnership for me. 

No idea of the status of the railway grounds, but so much potential there for redevelopment in the future by shifting it over a bit

Dont get me wrong, love the place as it is, but hopefully got the ambition to kick up a level eventually

I'm assuming we couldnt knock down the Main Stand? Is it listed?

If we were in for Todorov, Cochran and Smith and didn't get them, there needs to be a review in to recruitment. If it is training in Alloway rather than Glasgow that is the issue, or simply down to the way we conduct business. 
This has ben one of the most frustrating pre-seasons I remember. More than when we lost half a dozen players because of a "leak" in the dressing room during the Daziel era. 

I don’t think there was anything concrete in the Cochrane rumour tbh.

Todorov will have got more money at the Pars plus a move back to the East Coast and the Smith move has already been put down to him thinking that McCalls style of play is better suited for him. I don’t blame either player and don’t really see what Ayr can do in either scenario.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think there was anything concrete in the Cochrane rumour tbh.

Todorov will have got more money at the Pars plus a move back to the East Coast and the Smith move has already been put down to him thinking that McCalls style of play is better suited for him. I don’t blame either player and don’t really see what Ayr can do in either scenario.

Todorov was signing for about 3 weeks, once Hopkin came back from holiday, then on the first day of pre-season, then he buggered off the day before, If they had signed him early it wouldn't have been a problem. Giving him the chance to earn extra cash and an hour less of a commute came after we seemingly slept on the deal. 

Cochrane is a decent player and we should have been in for him but I'm not bothered we didn't sign him, other than we are short of numbers. 

Smith, from the chairmans retweet, we were in for but he decided to go to Thistle, sounds like he was looking for a deal back home and Ayr knew so he must have been offered something. It has either came down to an extra hour commute assuming he is Glasgow, money or he doesn't like the set-up at Ayr. If he spoke to Ayr, and told them he didn't like the style of play last year, I am guessing they would have told them it was not the same. 

20 minutes ago, diege said:

No idea of the status of the railway grounds, but so much potential there for redevelopment in the future by shifting it over a bit

Dont get me wrong, love the place as it is, but hopefully got the ambition to kick up a level eventually

I'm assuming we couldnt knock down the Main Stand? Is it listed?

The land is probably the wrong shape for a training pitch, The land behind the north terrace could be used to almost build a stand behind the north terrace like Dunfermlines main stand used to be like. 

30 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
33 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:
Shite stadium.
Shite music.
Good to see him wearing a Killie training too though.

Say what you like Somerset is a great old ground with a brilliant atmosphere not like that kids Lego set Rusty Park.

I like Somerset Park my favourite away day even though I’ve never seen us winning a game there. Atmosphere is great.

However you would really need to have black and white tinted specs on if you don’t think the stadium, generally speaking, is a bit of a shitter.

I like Somerset Park my favourite away day even though I’ve never seen us winning a game there. Atmosphere is great.
However you would really need to have black and white tinted specs on if you don’t think the stadium, generally speaking, is a bit of a shitter.
I get where your coming from, is it out if date yes, could it be doing with a spruce up yes and the new chairman is working on that inside and out but I'd rather have what we have that the likes of Hamilton, Falkirk etc, hope you enjoy your visit to San Somerset this season and your record of never tasting victory stays intact

Just watched video of Daire O’Connor and I know it’s important not to get carried away with a showreel as it’s only going to have their best bits but he looks very promising. Glides past players with ease at times.