The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

20 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Not having a go at the club - I’m sure they’re frustrated at the lack of progress.  Just find the levels of denialism on here pretty hilarious at times e.g. McCowan is no great loss because he didn’t say anything nice about us on social media when he left,  Smith is no great loss because he’s a creative player and doesn’t fit into our system (?), Todd wanted to play football nearer his gran, Walsh is also no great loss because he lost his way last season and definitely wasn’t worth persevering with (and doesn’t fit into our system), Todorov was no loss because, um, not sure, his goal scoring record isn’t that good, maybe??

Let’s dissect this a wee moment.

The person going on about McCowan’s social media was some roaster on the SRE, not on here. Almost everyone on here would agree he’s a big loss.

Most people on here are agreeing that Smith would have improved our squad.

Todd scored a vital goal for us and I probably would have kept him but the reality he isn’t a huge loss. There isn’t much arguing with that.

Walsh was a shitebag and plenty of ICT fans were perplexed that they’d sign him.

And most on here were disappointed that Todorov didn’t sign.

What’s your point exactly?

3 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Let’s dissect this a wee moment.

The person going on about McCowan’s social media was some roaster on the SRE, not on here. Almost everyone on here would agree he’s a big loss.

Most people on here are agreeing that Smith would have improved our squad.

Todd scored a vital goal for us and I probably would have kept him but the reality he isn’t a huge loss. There isn’t much arguing with that.

Walsh was a shitebag and plenty of ICT fans were perplexed that they’d sign him.

And most on here were disappointed that Todorov didn’t sign.

What’s your point exactly?

That the level of denialism exhibited by some on these pages verges on being hilarious at times.  There is no disappointment that cannot be typed away.  

That the level of denialism exhibited by some on these pages verges on being hilarious at times.  There is no disappointment that cannot be typed away.  

Someone pulling you up for talking shite isn’t denialism mate. H2H.

17 minutes ago, HMIP said:

You’re quoting examples from the moon howlers on the Somerset Road End as if it’s representative of the majority on here and in the wider fan base.

If it’s bugging you so badly you can vent on there instead.

3 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

You’re quoting examples from the moon howlers on the Somerset Road End as if it’s representative of the majority on here and in the wider fan base.

If it’s bugging you so badly you can vent on there instead.

I doubt the majority of the fan base even post on here or the SRE.  As far as I can tell there are about 15-20 guys who regularly post on these pages, so it isn’t representative of much.  Missing out on Smith to an immediate competitor bugs me, not silly nonsense on a public supporters forum.   That said, please remember that this is an unmoderated forum, so you are not obliged to agree with everything you read, you are not obliged to respond to anything with which you disagree.….…..

… and you don’t get to tell anyone to leave the forum because you don’t like what they’ve posted.

3 minutes ago, HMIP said:

I doubt the majority of the fan base even post on here or the SRE.  As far as I can tell there are about 15-20 guys who regularly post on these pages, so it isn’t representative of much.  Missing out on Smith to an immediate competitor bugs me, not silly nonsense on a public supporters forum.   That said, please remember that this is an unmoderated forum, so you are not obliged to agree with everything you read, you are not obliged to respond to anything with which you disagree.….…..

… and you don’t get to tell anyone to leave the forum because you don’t like what they’ve posted.

You were making up shite as an excuse to have a go at people on here when your ire would be far better directed at a small number elsewhere. Don’t be surprised when you get challenged on it.

No one told you leave the forum

14 minutes ago, wuffster said:

You come across as gleeful which is piss poor. “Surprise surprise”

Nothing gleeful , just that so many fans say we should have kept him , he was offered a contract to prove his fitness , think now it’s obvious why he didn’t , I liked Moore as a player anything piss poor is your comment at the surprise surprise 

2 hours ago, Iain said:

If we don't try to sign any good players we can't miss out on them. It's genius when you think about it.

I thought we were just trying to sign big brawny buggers who do a lot of running, should be plenty of them about.

What’s the Luke McCowan story? I seem to have completely missed this?

Some roaster on the SRE was a bit annoyed that he never put anything on his Twitter about leaving Ayr like some players might have.

5 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

See Motherwell have signed another midfielder, I've only one comment on this and it's come home Robbie!

I only have one comment on this and it’s get yerself to f**k Robbie. 

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Some roaster on the SRE was a bit annoyed that he never put anything on his Twitter about leaving Ayr like some players might have.

Dearie me. What we’re they wanting? A Birthday Caird pish type goodbye? 

Neither Mancini or Harker in the Burnley u23 squad today.   Not getting carried away or reading too much into anything but this clearly means they are both on the road up to sign for the Super and the title is pretty much in the bag.  

3 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Neither Mancini or Harker in the Burnley u23 squad today.   Not getting carried away or reading too much into anything but this clearly means they are both on the road up to sign for the Super and the title is pretty much in the bag.  

Knowing our luck they will both be featuring for the first team today!

Also, in terms of comments about Crawford - he would fit the role next to Murdoch well - we won’t be getting him though. 

Edited by No_Problemo