The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

Adeloye's hattrick against Falkirk was amazing. What a gem Hopkin has found.

Being serious, this is a season where [forfeited] may end up near the top of the scorer lists for clubs up and down the country.

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Further to this, the league cup could have been arranged in a manner that allowed games to be rearranged. They didn’t bother. 

Most of the chat on here for the last month has been at the absolute injustice that Somerset wasn't certified for 6500 fans at the start of the season.

There's utterly no way that with the present rate of forfeits that postponements would have worked. It's going to be obvious by the end of summer that even league postponements can't be fulfilled at this rate.

Edited by Thumper

43 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Well clubs other than Ayr have had matches postponed and have lost revenue that won’t have qualified. The governing body have made the call to award victories to the opponents so if home teams aren’t getting their matches and losing out on matches, maybe they should compensate them? I’ll just donate my ticket money to the AU500 fund, but not everyone will. 

The SPFL doesnt have a magic money tree. If they compensate you (who decides how much you are due) then its coming out of the compitition prize pot and out of the pocket of my club and 40 odd others. Why should we? Clubs signed up to the competition fully aware of the Covid rules and bigger prizes accrue to higher placings, which are likely as a result of free points. You might just as much claim clubs should be compensated for being drawn away to Inverness instead of home to Hearts. I'm pretty sceptical that Ayr's loss is anywhere near £10k either.

32 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Further to this, the league cup could have been arranged in a manner that allowed games to be rearranged. They didn’t bother. 

Well no, it couldnt. Its organised in a manner to use free midweeks to fit round European dates and finish before Xmas. Short of playing it in June instead of July I'm not sure where they are finding spare dates in the calendar for postponements.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Take it there is no chance of any type of game taking place, I'd even go and watch an A team v B team training game if that was an option
I'd love the club to be doing everything to arrange something like this, maybe a junior team, or like you say - a semi competitive squad game.

Then offer the fans the chance to leave their tickets as is. I certainly would go along, and know a fair few others would too.

12 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The SPFL doesnt have a magic money tree. If they compensate you (who decides how much you are due) then its coming out of the compitition prize pot and out of the pocket of my club and 40 odd others. Why should we? Clubs signed up to the competition fully aware of the Covid rules and bigger prizes accrue to higher placings, which are likely as a result of free points. You might just as much claim clubs should be compensated for being drawn away to Inverness instead of home to Hearts. I'm pretty sceptical that Ayr's loss is anywhere near £10k either.

Well no, it couldnt. Its organised in a manner to use free midweeks to fit round European dates and finish before Xmas. Short of plsying it in June instead of July I'm not sure where are finding spare dates in the calendar for postponements.

The level of condescension in your posts is truly something. 

Does it need to finish before a Christmas? No. 
Does the  lower league cup competition have to go ahead? No. There is quite clearly a way for it to be physically possible - maybe not easy or ideal but that’s a completely different argument. 

Just now, Finlay21 said:

I am sure it was , I know how much we had taken with our already nearly 1400 tickets sold and expected to sell at least another 300 before kick off , taking away Falkirk share we would be receiving in the region of £10,000

How much you saving in stewarding costs etc? You factored in Vat? Your average ticket price after Vat will likely be about £7 - £8. Falkirk getting 42.5% of it. You will be lucky if your take is £5 a ticket before costs.

Granted you're presumably losing potential streaming too. £10k seems very high though. I'd have thought half that maybe.

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The level of condescension in your posts is truly something. 

Does it need to finish before a Christmas? No. 
Does the  lower league cup competition have to go ahead? No. There is quite clearly a way for it to be physically possible - maybe not easy or ideal but that’s a completely different argument. 

Oh, more name calling. Nice.

Whats the lower league cup competition got to do with it? If they want Celtic and Rangers to participate, and if they dont, you'll get no sponsor, then it fits round the calendar of clubs who expect to play in Europe after Xmas.

I'd be genuinely interested to know where you fit it in later in the season without using European midweek dates? 

I'd love the club to be doing everything to arrange something like this, maybe a junior team, or like you say - a semi competitive squad game.

Then offer the fans the chance to leave their tickets as is. I certainly would go along, and know a fair few others would too.
Highly doubt there will be any kind of open day so this could in some way replace it, I don't want my money back just want to experience a game of football at Somerset for the first time in what feels like forever.

16 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Whats the lower league cup competition got to do with it? If they want Celtic and Rangers to participate, and if they dont, you'll get no sponsor, then it fits round the calendar of clubs who expect to play in Europe after Xmas.

I'd be genuinely interested to know where you fit it in later in the season without using European midweek dates? 

Name calling? Are you just imagining things now...

20 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

What a load of simpering, bigot-pandering drivel. The League Cup operated for decades on a timetable that took no account of whatever delusion Celtic or Rangers had about playing regular European football in March.

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Is there not a Kilmarnock thread to discuss this on? 

Yes there is, but we are just trying to explain the strange going on at RP and why you might not get tickets.

Also it's because we are you're closest neighbours and are just trying to be friendly................... :)

Name calling?

Just spouting absolute drivel now mate.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Far too short notice to arrange a game.  need  clearance by league to arrange a friendly along with junior teams are now into game 3 of their league season and will be playing Saturday  no benefit of playing  a split squad game ,played Burnley under 23s at weekend and less than 200 turned up couldn’t see many turning up to see the team playing against each other in a half hearted kick about 

Far too short notice to arrange a game.  need  clearance by league to arrange a friendly along with junior teams are now into game 3 of their league season and will be playing Saturday  no benefit of playing  a split squad game ,played Burnley under 23s at weekend and less than 200 turned up couldn’t see many turning up to see the team playing against each other in a half hearted kick about 
The difference being that folk have already paid and organised to be there. I genuinely think the majority of those who bought tickets would still attend a squad match.

Add in a couple of wee open-day gimmicks pre-match and at half time and i reckon it would work (and recoup some of the losses).

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Calling you condescending (with complete justification) isn’t name calling. H2H.

10 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

The difference being that folk have already paid and organised to be there. I genuinely think the majority of those who bought tickets would still attend a squad match.

Add in a couple of wee open-day gimmicks pre-match and at half time and i reckon it would work (and recoup some of the losses).

A wee game of beat the goalie at half time but the goalie is hopkin .

A wee game of beat the goalie at half time but the goalie is hopkin .
There's all sorts of wee things they could organise to make it more of a spectacle.

I just don't see the reason for not using the time to get a run out, and get some more fans back to Somerset.

15 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Assemble a squad of folk from here and organise a kick about on the pitch with the team.

Can you imagine, someone going through adeloye by accident  putting him out for the season then aero losing the rag and head butting everyone.