The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Back to the important stuff, the Maxwell thing has went a bit quiet TBH it's not a priority position if Houston can keep that from up from Tuesday we also have Muirhead and Baird who can play RB so no need to move Paddy over to RB, hoping we can get word on any other signings before the weekend so they can start getting bedded in, I'd assume if Smith was coming back it would be well in to next week before we hear anything about that.

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

It's really portacabins on a steel frame base with a frontage to be added on, so we lose a fair chunk of the upper tier, also a raised platform for disabled fans is being added to the lower tier, losing the bottom right section there also....

Screenshot_20210722-164750_Chrome.jpg.b70268e3f59ea013630927a631fb6a61.jpg

How did they get the portacabins in there? A crane pitch side or something?

13 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Is there a reason why they were moved there? Cutting out on seat space when you could probably fill that stand easily when the Ayrshire derbies are played

The lease was up on the building we rented in Portland Road for offices and the vendor wants to sell up rather than renew. There are also two training/community pitches being built at the rear of the stand with the turnstyles being moved, so home fans only in the Moffat from now on apparently....

Screenshot_20210722-181032_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d2eb9ed4da7d97465bb987cfd987d2b9.jpg

Edited by C4mmy31

13 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Is there a reason why they were moved there? Cutting out on seat space when you could probably fill that stand easily when the Ayrshire derbies are played

If the development loses 1500 seats or so, it still leaves about 12500 seats for home fans and 4000 for visiting fans.

No way would any game in the championship require that capacity

12 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

The lease was up on the building we rented in Portland Road for offices and the vendor wants to sell up rather than renew. There are also two training/community pitches being built at the rear of the stand with the turnstyles being moved, so home fans only in the Moffat from now on apparently....

Screenshot_20210722-181032_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d2eb9ed4da7d97465bb987cfd987d2b9.jpg

Seems like a lot of work. When are yous hoping to have all that completed by?

2 hours ago, the west curve said:

Away to Killie without games could be a hammering on the cards. Killie are just missing a striker and a bit of luck. 

You're right. A hammering could be on the cards but I am not convinced that Killie will roll over too easily. We might need to settle for beating them by a 2-goal margin. 

48 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Question re the postponement and all postponements so far, are the home team financially compensated to loss of revenue with no real arranged fixture? 

Not that I am aware , going to cost the club lost  revenue of around £10,000

16 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Not that I am aware , going to cost the club lost  revenue of around £10,000

Only saving grace is we’ve been given a 3-0 win which books our place in the next round so will get a decent amount for that. 

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Question re the postponement and all postponements so far, are the home team financially compensated to loss of revenue with no real arranged fixture? 

No, not directly. Who would you suggest compensates you? 

The points guaranteeing progress in your case will more than cover any losses. 

17 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

No, not directly. Who would you suggest compensates you? 

The points guaranteeing progress in your case will more than cover any losses. 

Well clubs other than Ayr have had matches postponed and have lost revenue that won’t have qualified. The governing body have made the call to award victories to the opponents so if home teams aren’t getting their matches and losing out on matches, maybe they should compensate them? I’ll just donate my ticket money to the AU500 fund, but not everyone will. 

10 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Well clubs other than Ayr have had matches postponed and have lost revenue that won’t have qualified. The governing body have made the call to award victories to the opponents so if home teams aren’t getting their matches and losing out on matches, maybe they should compensate them? I’ll just donate my ticket money to the AU500 fund, but not everyone will. 

Further to this, the league cup could have been arranged in a manner that allowed games to be rearranged. They didn’t bother.