The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I agree that getting those 2 Burnley lads would seem on the face of it a long shot, however surely that's the whole point of being a "partner club" ?

Ayr aren't the only partner club, and the purpose of this tour has to have primarily been giving those players match experience, instead of pawning them off on the lower leagues. There's every chance that some of them will arrive, but there seems to have developed a consensus on here that it'll be the two who stood out in the fixture; surely that's precisely that ones they *won't* be wanting rid of. It's a little like deciding that because Alex Ferguson has long held a soft spot for Ayr and sent a youth team up for a friendly that he was gagging to loan out Paul Pogba. (The irony that Ayr now actually have one of that squad!)

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

With the weather the way it is, the chance to win the group and the fact that many of us haven't seen a football match for nearly 2 years, surely to God we should manage to sell our full allocation of 1,600 or at least very close to it !!

I'm away this weekend, partly because I didn't expect to get back into a Scottish football ground till at least August/September based on the messages of doom coming from the Scottish Government. I also wonder if a lot of our older/vulnerable supporters are still nervous of crowds. Might take them a while to return.

28 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I agree that getting those 2 Burnley lads would seem on the face of it a long shot, however surely that's the whole point of being a "partner club" 

I think it is just an issue of timing. Burnley only had a squad of 14 signed players on Saturday plus six trialists (seven u23 players remained with the first team). Clearly they are going to need to increase that squad of 21 players before allowing too many out on loan. 

There was a good article in the Athletic on Monday about there being a lot of transition within the Academy at Burnley - both in terms of players and staff - so probably just need to wait a bit longer until things fall into place. 

If the 3 we are hopefully going to get in this week aren’t loans from Burnley then I’m happier for it. I thought it would be 2 loans and maybe one other.

if we signed Smith, Kelly and Maxwell then it’s not a bad week. Plus 2 loans in The right places and we should be in decent shape.

What about the trialist from Saturday? Any more information on him? 

Do negative tests not preclude them from isolation?

Haven't most of them been double penetrated by now?

So double vax + negative test = 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance of spreading anything?

Although wee Nicola would probably keep yous locked down til December if that was the chances of spreading

20 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Do negative tests not preclude them from isolation?

Haven't most of them been double penetrated by now?

So double vax + negative test = 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance of spreading anything?

Although wee Nicola would probably keep yous locked down til December if that was the chances of spreading

Doesn’t come into effect until 9th August (not like it’s anything important eh?)

Saying that I’d be surprised if many of the Falkirk squad were double-jagged plus two weeks.

3 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Doesn’t come into effect until 9th August (not like it’s anything important eh?)

Saying that I’d be surprised if many of the Falkirk squad were double-jagged plus two weeks.

Good old arbitrary dates...this would have been the perfect year too add Julember to the calendar 

53 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Will be surprised if Saturday goes ahead now, with Falkirk players testing positive and forfeiting their game v Edinburgh tonight.

They had to concede tonight due to timing of results , they are contacting Ayr tomorrow with an update , they were  unable this afternoon to carry out an investigation in time to work out who was all involved in bubbles etc , Saturdays game will be decided when investigation is complete , they can now not qualify so Saturdays game is a dead rubber for them , wonder if that will influence their decision 

Edited by Finlay21

6 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

They had to concede tonight due to timing of results , they are contacting Ayr tomorrow with an update , they were  unable this afternoon to carry out an investigation in time to work out who was all involved in bubbles etc , Saturdays game will be decided when investigation is complete , they can now not qualify so Saturdays game is a dead rubber for them , wonder if that will influence their decision 

You'd hope that if they can play, they will. I'm sure their fans would rather the game was played and got an away day at Somerset.  Plus there's all that "sporting integrity" chat that rears its head in situations like these.