The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Really enjoyed that tonight . Cracking set up at Hamilton , the raised stand gives a superb view of things . Parking right next door . Defo will be back up there when we play Accies in the league . Accies are a good team and knock the ball about well . I thought our defence managed them well  in the last third . 

On Ayr  : defence was sold as a rock  and can take a workout  . That’s new for us . Big Cammy was everything and took his goal well . Houston was faultless all night . Big Tam doesn’t like the hard graft which is and issue , clearly not an out and out 9 , but still a good player and I’m glad we have him . This may well be where Harker comes in . Central midfield could do with some class . But overall can’t complain . 

Beat Falkirk on Saturday and we’e through and we make some more money , which would be helpful as we look to bring more bodies in .  Take a bow Hoppy , Ayr United are now hard to beat ,  just like you said we would be ...

Enjoying all the folk saying they knew Hopkin would come good. 
OfficialNeedyHarrier-size_restricted.gif&key=e95fcbbf1ae62179c0d33851f08434b2a8f7a73aeb963fc0f78d70cebe122595

Don’t think anyone can honestly claim they knew he’d succeed but also no one can claim they know he’ll fail.

Some are more optimistic and more willing to give him a chance than others. For the record, there’s still a helluva long way to go. We still need a good bit of quality in midfield and up front and then a couple of squad fillers. We get all of that and load Chalmers into a cannon and I can say I’ll be delighted with how the season has started.

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’ve maybe missed them but haven’t seen anyone posting this?

I knew he would come good. I just didn't post it on here, Facebook or twitter.  Didn't even tell my pals on WhatsApp or in the pub.  

But I KNEW. 

1 hour ago, Accies1 said:

We won't be up there this season.

I don't think Ayr are a particularly good team to watch but you look like you've got a team of players that will fight for each other which is huge in this league. I think you'll do pretty well this season.

Best of luck for the season and hopefully get down to Somerset soon too, cracking day.

That's exactly kind of attitude I like to see... From other fans... Wish we're more like that.

Goodluck next season too fella.

Chalmers did a few things well when he came on tonight - helped us get a hold of the ball a little. 

Anyway, we have some positivity! Can we please build on this by bringing in two or three signings before Saturday... we really need them in to start integrating them within the squad before the derby!

We are organised and hard to beat that’s it at the moment . After last season , being hard to beat is a minor miracle . If he can bring in two or three quality players for this division as well as a couple more grafters , then we may just hit the playoffs . 

All I wanted was for the guy to be given a fair crack at the job . 

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Did Hopkin say in his interview “hopefully two or three before the Kilmarnock game.” 🙈

After just posting looking for that this week!

Aye I'm hoping that's him playing anything down rather than  anything else.  Also looking at the squad size if it's only 2 or 3 coming in which I assume includes loans I'd be pretty concerned if we were having to move on squad players under contract like Miller or Chalmers to fund it.  I'd rather see nobody move on tbh.

Solid performance overall

back four very pleasing good to see Houston back to his early form, 

midfield Murdoch def back to himself but agree we need a couple of class players in there the boy Salkeld looking great works his socks off the boy (The Burnley number four will give the class was impressed with him on Saturday ) Hewitt showed he can handle this level and will be good cover

up front Adeloye  he’s a handful and a good player Who I like but needs to do the graft side of the game and worrying that he keeps coming off, defo need someone beside him, the Burnley boy might be the one to partner him with

Think the Hopkin Duffy partnership is gonna work

18 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Did Hopkin say in his interview “hopefully two or three before the Kilmarnock game.” 🙈

After just posting looking for that this week!

Just listened to it and yeah he did. So he’s went from saying we needed 4 or 5 before the Edinburgh City game to now saying 2 or 3.

James Maxwell looks a done deal so that possibly leaves the two Burnley players and that would be our lot.  

In all honesty if we were able to add Maxwell, Gomez-Manchini, Harker and Cammy Smith I’d be fine with that. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Just listened to it and yeah he did. So he’s went from saying we needed 4 or 5 before the Edinburgh City game to now saying 2 or 3.

James Maxwell looks a done deal so that possibly leaves the two Burnley players and that would be our lot.  

In all honesty if we were able to add Maxwell, Gomez-Manchini, Harker and Cammy Smith I’d be fine with that. 

I would be very happy with that tbh! On the other hand, Maxwell plus two Burnley boys wouldn’t be remotely enough. 

Edited by No_Problemo

The bonus we have though is Murdoch looks like the player we had before his injury a lot of folk including me though he was done and Hewitt has been so impressive this could be a breakthrough season for him, those two have been like new signings for me.

Plenty of positives to take tonight after our first test against league opposition. Had no idea what to expect from Hamilton but they certainly don't look like a team we should fear.  Still need a few more bodies in the door yet but still time.

We should really be looking to qualify from this group now unless something goes badly wrong. Good early boost with some prize money in the door.