The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Hopkin has them playing ok football just now, fairest of play if he's ditched the Hopball stuff (did think we gave up on a second a bit early tonight though) and the defence has stood strong to everything.Β 

Just now, itzdrk said:

Hopkin has them playing ok football just now, fairest of play if he's ditched the Hopball stuff (did think we gave up on a second a bit early tonight though) and the defence has stood strong to everything.Β 

Ye, thought Houston was very good tonight - stopped a few attacks that could have been dangerous

TBF there was no other attacking options on the bench in an ideal world you bringing another striker on for Adeloye and another wide midfielder for salkeld to try and have an out ball hopefully these guys will come in in the next week or so.

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:
11 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

TBF there was no other attacking options on the bench in an ideal world you bringing another striker on for Adeloye and another wide midfielder for salkeld to try and have an out ball hopefully these guys will come in in the next week or so.

As much as I'm being positive the lack of attacking options on the bench lies with the management, if it turns out we are waiting for the right guy then fair play, judgement still reserved but going well.Β 

Good result and performance against a team who should be up there this season, we are very solid at the back
We won't be up there this season.

I don't think Ayr are a particularly good team to watch but you look like you've got a team of players that will fight for each other which is huge in this league. I think you'll do pretty well this season.

Best of luck for the season and hopefully get down to Somerset soon too, cracking day.

5 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

C’mon, who thought this would be the table at this stage 😊

B1DD182F-07D7-4FB0-9E6D-04D46EF94521.jpeg

Aye, especially after the Albion Rovers game.Β 

Tonight was a game of two halves, we were pretty good first half. Should have been 2 up given we should have had a penalty. How Madden gave that as a freekick is beyond me. He must have been watching a different game. 2nd half. I'm not sure if we decided to hold it or Hamilton were better but we didn't create very much (neither did Hamilton tbf as the defense stood tall).Β 

We're getting there and at least it's not constant long ball, kick and rush pish that we were promised by Morton fans.

Edited by Trogdor

Still trying to get my head around what is going on. 15 games of honking, long ball shambles, some of our worst results in recent history. An eye bleeding draw with Albion Rovers and huge gaps all over the squad.Β 
We switch to playing football on the deck against Edinburgh City, looked professional (which was an improvement) and scored some well worked goals. InΒ the previous 15, Dundee aside we were scoring penalties and scrappy efforts.Β 
this with the same squad as the Albion Rovers game.Β 
Tonight we played a well organised Hamilton team, looked like we were going to take a tanking in the first 15 minutes, scored, settled and then managed the game well, all things we failed at last season.

it’s not really a case of fans getting it wrong with Hopkin, it’s more of a redemption on his part, no one could have watched up until midway through the Edinburgh game and thought what he was doing was working.

We are still desperately short of players, we are a couple of injuries away from being in deep shit. Beyond a decent premier league Β team poaching him, we need to sign Cammy Smith at all cost plus one other.Β 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Beyond a decent premier league Β team poaching him, we need to sign Cammy Smith at all cost plus one other.Β 

I'm only guessing here but maybe our chairman deserves a load of credit if Cammy Smith does opt for us. He allowed Smith to leave in good faith butΒ maybe he told Cammy he'd want a call if things didn't work out stateside? Just a thought......

Still trying to get my head around what is going on. 15 games of honking, long ball shambles, some of our worst results in recent history. An eye bleeding draw with Albion Rovers and huge gaps all over the squad.Β 
We switch to playing football on the deck against Edinburgh City, looked professional (which was an improvement) and scored some well worked goals. InΒ the previous 15, Dundee aside we were scoring penalties and scrappy efforts.Β 
this with the same squad as the Albion Rovers game.Β 
Tonight we played a well organised Hamilton team, looked like we were going to take a tanking in the first 15 minutes, scored, settled and then managed the game well, all things we failed at last season.
it’s not really a case of fans getting it wrong with Hopkin, it’s more of a redemption on his part, no one could have watched up until midway through the Edinburgh game and thought what he was doing was working.
We are still desperately short of players, we are a couple of injuries away from being in deep shit. Beyond a decent premier league Β team poaching him, we need to sign Cammy Smith at all cost plus one other.Β 
Fans are back and that's a big thing, we had players last season who did not give a flying feck the Somerset Rd end would have eat the likes of Zennata alive, it's not the only reason for a turn around and I give Hopkin big credit for starting to win back the fans but I think it's a big factor

1 minute ago, Jazzar said:

I'm only guessing here but maybe our chairman deserves a load of credit if Cammy Smith does opt for us. He allowed Smith to leave in good faith butΒ maybe he told Cammy he'd want a call if things didn't work out stateside? Just a thought......

Based on the collective state of Ayr United underpants last season after he left, no, he does not

Bobby Madden... f**k sake man I forgot how bad the standard of refereeing is in this country.

Was great to be there tonight, and the goal was a lovely finish.

Overall it was an even affair, but I think we deserved the win. Mostly defended well, and the long ball worked occasionally.

I thought we'd get beaten tonight, so I'm very pleased! Bring on Saturday!

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Can non season ticket-holders buy a ticket yet?

Yes , online now or in shop Wed & Thu 1-5 , Fri 10-4 and Sat 11-1 in shop (then online only)

over 1000 tickets already soldΒ 

Β 

Didn't watch the game but good result regardless, be good to finish top to boost the coffers a bit more. Seems like the defence is fairly stable, which if it holds up, should at least see us clear of any relegation scrap this season, regardless of what shape the attack is in.