The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I can see why Morton fans didn’t like Salkeld. Unless I’m mistaken he was often played as their main striker which he is clearly very unsuited to.

However put him next to an actual striker in Adeloye and let him run for days and you’ll actually get the best out of him. He won’t score many this season but he’ll be a useful player throughout the season.

Well played - defence looking very impressive as a unit, Fjortoft very good when he came on too. Decent on the counter, and with a bit more quality going forward we might be half decent! The work rate difference from last season is huge...

Good win for us.  Defence looked sound and it is great to see some height in there. Think we need a bit more quality up front and in midfield and we will be fine.  Hopefully get some news on players coming in soon.  Work rate a big improvement on last season.

Edited by stevep56

11 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

First ever Ayr United picks win, free beer for Saturday, cheers Cammy and the lads. 

Well in.  I had us to win 2-0 with a goal in each half and was fully expecting some sort of prize but seems not!  

Was holding off just in case it was a dead rubber but thats me bought tickets for Saturday - my dad, myself and my 5 year old for his first ever game hopefully watching us win a league (a shitey wee League Cup group or not) together in the sun.  Canny wait. 

3 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Well in.  I had us to win 2-0 with a goal in each half and was fully expecting some sort of prize but seems not!  

I’ve noticed they’ve trimmed the free money back and you can pay for a larger staked return. 

Really enjoyed that, was great to get back to a game for the first time in what seems like an eternity. Thought we looked pretty solid, definitely need a couple more additions to the squad but overall pleasantly surprised with the performance. Buzzing for the the Falkirk game.

23 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Probably putting the curse on him but all summer we have heard how much a bomb scare McGinty is but he's not put a foot wrong so far.

He did have a bombscare moment tonight trying to chest it but that's been it so far.