The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

28 minutes ago, CRS111 said:

Best place to park for tonight’s game? Can you get away with parking at the Morrisons’s next to ground?

Unless it is out of commission for some reason, there is a car park behind the away stand.

45 minutes ago, CRS111 said:

Best place to park for tonight’s game? Can you get away with parking at the Morrisons’s next to ground?

There's a big public car park about 5 mins brisk walk from the ground at the top of the road before heading down to Morrisons. I assume it's still there anyway. 

4 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Kerr signed him for us, so he didn’t play under McCall. I’d be disappointed if he chose partick over us tbh

McCall tried to sign him in January 2020 but he was getting a decent wage to go to another team (I think it may have been a team in Ireland) so would not be surprised if he was in for him again 

The other side of the coin maybe that while Kerr signed him for Ayr there’s a possibility that his replacement Hopkins is not interested in signing him (I’ve honestly no idea if that is the case)

47 minutes ago, third lanark said:

McCall tried to sign him in January 2020 but he was getting a decent wage to go to another team (I think it may have been a team in Ireland) so would not be surprised if he was in for him again 

The other side of the coin maybe that while Kerr signed him for Ayr there’s a possibility that his replacement Hopkins is not interested in signing him (I’ve honestly no idea if that is the case)

It's Hopkin. Thank you.

1 hour ago, RedEd said:

Almost. It was closer to Hamilton West station.There's a supermarket where it was.

Who could forget the pre match warm up where Shuggie Burns blootered the Ball off of the infamous Fergies coupon much to the delight of the Black and white hordes tucked in to the covered terracing !!! 

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Who could forget the pre match warm up where Shuggie Burns blootered the Ball off of the infamous Fergies coupon much to the delight of the Black and white hordes tucked in to the covered terracing !!! 

Being a former Accie, I wouldn't be surprised if Burns was getting his own back for previous abuse.

Haven’t been up there since the 2-3 cup replay win in 92 (I think it was) ....That was a night . Ayr good value tonight at 2/1 . Worth a pop as long as big Tam is playing ! 

A lot of people hate Hamilton’s ground (it does feel a bit weird only being half a stadium) but I personally think the away section is one of the best I’ve been to - easy access when you get out the car/bus. Traffic never really too bad and a good view from the raised stand.

In normal circumstances you may have had to handle the intimidating growls from the Hamilton young team after the game but you’ll avoid that laughable threat I’d imagine. 

Think tonight we’ll see something along the lines of:

McAdams

Muirhead Baird McGinty

Houston                                                 Reading 

Murdoch Hewitt

Salkeld                                            McKenzie

Adeloye

Subs: Albinson, Fjortoft, Ecrepont, Chalmers, Miller, Smith, Moffat

Depending on how Moffat is after Covid, would imagine he’ll get 30-45 mins, Fjortoft maybe get 45 and same with sleepy Joe. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Quite disappointing that at best we are going to get one game with something remotely resembling our first choice side for the season. At least the defence has got some time to settle in together, I guess!

If the attacks poor it’s probably more important to have a rock solid defence. Last year probably proved that, if you’re not scoring much, you really need to be keeping clean sheets. If we can get things sorted at the back and add some quality in the forward areas, this could be a half decent season. All down to who else we bring in. Adeloye already looking like the best striker we’ve had since Shankland left, however there’s no been that much competition! 

Tonight will definitely give us all a better indication of where we stand for the season ahead. A team coming down to the Championship would usually present a big challenge, tonight should be no different. 

Both starting elevens will have a different look come the league starting you'd suspect, certainly we will.

That said both managers will still see the game as an opportunity to gauge where they are and to set the tone for the season ahead. 

Cmon Ayr. 

Burnley 1st team played two training matches at the same time today. Mancini wasn't involved however Harker started. They were without two of their first choice forwards so doubt he'll be involved once the league season starts.