The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

17 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Which makes it all the more likely that they won't happen.

There was no master plan to swoop half a dozen marquee signings as the window slammed shut. It will be a desperate scramble with players still looking at what's on paper and thinking they're going to be fighting a relegation battle.

None of the signings suggested are unrealistic imo

James Maxwell- Appears to be a done deal. Daily Record reporting it and his dad has retweeted it.

Cammy Smith- Returning to the uk due to personal reasons. I just presumed this was probably due to home sickness and wanting to be closer to family. Unlikely to get a premiership club imo so we’ve got as good a chance as any and you’d hope the fact he has a decent relationship with Hopkin and Smith would help sway it. I’d be extremely disappointed if we’re not at least asking the question 

Graham Dorrans- Probably the most unrealistic of all the suggestions and to be honest wouldn’t really care if it didn’t happen 

We will always likely to sign two players from Burnley and AGM and Harker were the pick of the bunch from Saturday imo. 

Not to put a damper on things for our friends down south, but there's no way you sign Dorrans. If you do I'll buy a Dorrans Ayr shirt, but I'm not worried about that. Hope the other stuff happens though imo! Maybe your club should consider asking to take Finlay Robertson on loan if you want a ball-carrying CM.

None of the signings suggested are unrealistic imo
James Maxwell- Appears to be a done deal. Daily Record reporting it and his dad has retweeted it.
Cammy Smith- Returning to the uk due to personal reasons. I just presumed this was probably due to home sickness and wanting to be closer to family. Unlikely to get a premiership club imo so we’ve got as good a chance as any and you’d hope the fact he has a decent relationship with Hopkin and Smith would help sway it. I’d be extremely disappointed if we’re not at least asking the question 
Graham Dorrans- Probably the most unrealistic of all the suggestions and to be honest wouldn’t really care if it didn’t happen 
We will always likely to sign two players from Burnley and AGM and Harker were the pick of the bunch from Saturday imo. 
^^^ This, Todorov and Cochrane have no links to the club, Maxwell was with us as a youth and is being liked in the media and looks a done deal, Smith also is an ex player who we did a pretty big favour for and seemed to enjoy his time with the club and what's the point of the Burnley tie up if not if we are not going to get decent prospects in on loan, the biggest name is Dorrens who admittedly has no ties to Ayr and would probably cost the most money he's also the one I would not be to fussed about.

So Maxwell more or less a done deal, Harker and Mancini would be the ideal 2 from Burnley (really hope it’s not that Dickson) and Smith is a possibility for a return. That’s probably nearly enough to do going into the start of the season with another potential loan signing. Would also be pleasantly surprised with that squad. 

4 minutes ago, Vinnyjag said:

Think Smith is being linked with us at Firhill. Not sure if he played under McCall or not. It’s only a rumour but from a usually reliable source.

Kerr signed him for us, so he didn’t play under McCall. I’d be disappointed if he chose partick over us tbh

I would guess any news on Smith would be a couple of weeks away at least, played a game in America the other day - will need to pack up his life, catch a flight and quarantine for ten days before anything can officially happen!

26 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I would guess any news on Smith would be a couple of weeks away at least, played a game in America the other day - will need to pack up his life, catch a flight and quarantine for ten days before anything can officially happen!

So your saying there’s a chance he plays against Killie 😊

Going by most of the reports that I've heard, we should be a really fit and strong side this season with a huge upgrade on workrate, I'd also expect us to be much tighter at the back than recent seasons, so if we could just add a little sprinkling of class in the middle and up top then i believe we could have a very good formula for success on our hands.

Adeloye already looks a good acquisition and if we end up getting Harker alongside him with Moff and McKenzie as cover then things start to look much brighter.

I didn't see this lad Mancini play, however his pedigree would suggest that he's a cut above most of this league so if we were to pull off his signing and then add someone like a Cammy Smith then I'd be seriously hoping for a damn good season ahead.

10 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

If it’s a stand ticket you want , I suggest going online now as less than 20 left for that area 

Update

less than 10 stand tickets left

just around 100 left for SRE

availability good on North terracing 

1 minute ago, North British said:

Never been to Hamilton’s new ground , is it anywhere near where the old Douglas Park was ?

Is it not more or less in the same place ?