The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

25 minutes ago, North British said:

He's just Signed a two year contract  . I think he’s in the plans  . If we get Harker and Smith then he’ move down the pecking order a bit .

21 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
25 minutes ago, North British said:
He's just Signed a two year contract  . I think he’s in the plans  . If we get Harker and Smith then he’ move down the pecking order a bit .

Plus you still have Moffat as an impact sub, I think McKenzie going out to an Alloa or somewhere like that and maybe being the main man would do him the world of good long term, defo not saying loan him out as I don't rate him because I do, but he needs regular 1st team football to develop.

How many players have we let go with a year left on their contracts? He will be in a position where we will find out if he’s good enough is season 

So is Cammy Smith coming back an actual thing since he's left Philidelphia?

Presume Covid is the cause for him struggling to manage over there although i'm pretty sure that's now the second time he has gone over and not lasted.

He did say when he left that he owed a lot to Dave Smith and wouldn't rule out coming back so you never know, it would be a brilliant signing for us.

I did almost say the other day about the possibility of Smith returning in October/November time when the MLS has their winter break.

Bring him home Smith

I presume Smith is the player that was being talked about as a fan pleaser and someone that was a known quantity.

The Dorrans rumour seems to have come out of nowhere but a few of us on here suggested him when he left Australia so it might not be that unrealistic.

Maxwell looks like a done deal and will probably be announced this week.

And whilst we’ve all said which Burnley players we like we don’t actually know what ones Hopkin has taken a fancy to so it’s hard to predict who we’ll bring in.

Smith/Dorrans/Maxwell/Harper/Mancini the possible 4/5?
Still leaves us short in attack IMO if those signings materialise

Idk as we’d have Adeloye, Harkin, Moffat, McKenzie, Smith and Salkeld as our front players. Dorrans would probably also be our most attacking centre mid if both he and Mancini sign.

The next 2 weeks could turn our transfer window from a pretty below average one to a pretty good one.

We are on a cusp of either something really good or it all falling apart, hoping Smith goes for it I would also love the seethe of Morton fans who said that Hopkin had no clue about recruitment if he actually pulls of some if these signings, being an Ayr fan is certainly not boring at the moment.

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Idk as we’d have Adeloye, Harkin, Moffat, McKenzie, Smith and Salkeld as our front players. Dorrans would probably also be our most attacking centre mid if both he and Mancini sign.

The next 2 weeks could turn our transfer window from a pretty below average one to a pretty good one.

True as long as we don't lose anyone though, what's this talk about Houston and Chalmers moving on?

True as long as we don't lose anyone though, what's this talk about Houston and Chalmers moving on?

With the names being spoken about for signings they seem like the 2 players who are most under threat and could maybe be moved on. I’d rather we kept Houston and loaned out Ecrepont though.

I’d fire Chalmers into the sea, regardless of who we sign.

13 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

We are on a cusp of either something really good or it all falling apart, hoping Smith goes for it I would also love the seethe of Morton fans who said that Hopkin had no clue about recruitment if he actually pulls of some if these signings, being an Ayr fan is certainly not boring at the moment.

It never is boring being an ayr fan we are either world beaters or horse shit and there is rarely a time we are in between 

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

With the names being spoken about for signings they seem like the 2 players who are most under threat and could maybe be moved on. I’d rather we kept Houston and loaned out Ecrepont though.

I’d fire Chalmers into the sea, regardless of who we sign.

I think both should be kept as squad players, if we're basing McAllistar on replacing Houston, the guy has yet to play a minute of football for us as he has been injured since the start of pre season so that would be rash to say the least cause he'll be a few weeks behind everyone else. Chalmers can have the odd moment of usefulness IMO with spraying passes

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Players being discussed now are big upgrades on Cochrane and Armstrong IMO...

Which makes it all the more likely that they won't happen.

There was no master plan to swoop half a dozen marquee signings as the window slammed shut. It will be a desperate scramble with players still looking at what's on paper and thinking they're going to be fighting a relegation battle.

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Which makes it all the more likely that they won't happen.

There was no master plan to swoop half a dozen marquee signings as the window slammed shut. It will be a desperate scramble with players still looking at what's on paper and thinking they're going to be fighting a relegation battle.

That's the spirit