The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Back in the days Ayr could get players like that [emoji28] I'm unfortunately too young to remember. 
Don't really have many foreign players I can remember [emoji28] Ludo Roy, Castilla, Horace, D'jaffo, Varielle.... 
I Could include the new centre back I guess. Fjortoft. 

We had Sinisalo last season as well.

Before that it was probably El Alagui.

11 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Back in the days Ayr could get players like that 😅 I'm unfortunately too young to remember. 

Don't really have many foreign players I can remember 😅 Ludo Roy, Castilla, Horace, D'jaffo, Varielle.... 

I Could include the new centre back I guess. Fjortoft. 

One of my favourite double signings was when we swooped for the keeper that wore a tea cosy as a hat and a big guy with no real position who were both current Faroes internationals. Jens Martin Knudsen and Jens Kristian Hansen.

Roysni.fo | Føroyar skulu royna at gera sum seinast í Gijón

Edited by Iain

If we do bring in James Maxwell I hope it isn’t at the expense of Patrick Reading as I think he will be a big player for us this season. I’d hope he would would move to RWB with Maxwell at LWB. Houston and McAllister as the back up options. Ecrepont out on loan. 

32 minutes ago, Thumper said:

??

Roberts had been at the club for two years before Moffat signed. Do you mean Kevin Kyle?

No, I meant Bryan Prunty. I remember at the time thinking that we were doing ok up front, we had a decent partnership and there was no need to change that. 

3 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It’s puppies....but not as we usually know on kit launch 😂

B47746C3-8689-4DA7-84A7-BB0E9CB885B6.png

When Miller said in his interview that the club was announcing an exciting partnership, a first for the club............he wasn't talking about two dugs off TikTok was he? 

15 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I remember him too 😅

David Dunn was South African. I think Glynn Hurst had South African roots, though unsure. 

Davdi Dunn was born in Bellshill. Hurst moved to South Africa when he was young, and was capped for South Africa U23s. He was born in Barnsley.

Edited by RedEd

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

Best left back I've seen at Ayr, imo is Paul lovering. That's how far back I can go really as I'm sure there are better 😅

Hopefully Maxwell comes in and does a job if he is indeed inbound. 

The worst player I've seen though was on loan from Hearts, had an Italian name and I'm certain he was Australian 🤔 Can anyone remember his name? 

Eddie Malone surely 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

The only reasonable explanation is that Hopkin doesn’t rate Houston and wants to play Reading there or is planning to play either Reading or Maxwell further forward in a more attacking role.

Hopkin has his preferred style of football so probably wants as many of his own men in that are suited to this system

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

Best left back I've seen at Ayr, imo is Paul lovering. That's how far back I can go really as I'm sure there are better 😅

Hopefully Maxwell comes in and does a job if he is indeed inbound. 

The worst player I've seen though was on loan from Hearts, had an Italian name and I'm certain he was Australian 🤔 Can anyone remember his name? 

Spud Murphy by a country mile (showing my age though)

Ricky V