The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

43 minutes ago, North British said:

Perhaps there is an opening at left midfield, can’t see Chalmers getting much game time , if any .

Also I wonder if we could do a deal similar to that of Houston , where a small fee is paid , which gives Rangers first refusal when the boy’s contract is completed ?

If we decide to abandon the 3-5-2, then we have numerous openings at right and left midfield! Hopefully be an interesting week..

McAdams 

Baird Fjortoft McGinty

Houston                                   Reading 

Murdoch (New CM) 

Salkeld                             (New attacker) 

Adeloye

Subs: Albinson, Hewit, Muirhead, Moffat, McAllister, McKenzie (New striker)

I reckon come first game of the season, that will be close to how we start the season. Muirhead possibly instead of Fjortoft. Could argue a case for Albinson to be no.1. 

McAdams

Houston.   Aero.     Fjortoft.   McGinty.    Reading 

Salkeld     Murdoch

???????

McKenzie.   Adeloye 

McAdams

Houston               Fjortoft                          Muirhead                           Reading

Murdoch                     (New Mid) 

(New winger)                                    Moffat                                     (New winger)

Adeloye 

I know this won't be everyone's cup of tea but if we constantly play the likes of Salkeld, we will struggle this season for me.

McAdams

Fjortoft         Muirhead       McGinty

McAllister                                      Reading

Murdoch     New CM

New CAM

Adeloye             New Striker

Subs: Albinson, Houston, Baird, Chalmers, Salkeld, Moffat, McKenzie.

We’re expected to bring in 5 so it’ll be interesting to see what other two positions Hopkins chooses to strengthen in. 

8 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

McAdams

Fjortoft         Muirhead       McGinty

McAllister                                      Reading

Murdoch     New CM

New CAM

Adeloye             New Striker

Subs: Albinson, Houston, Baird, Chalmers, Salkeld, Moffat, McKenzie.

We’re expected to bring in 5 so it’ll be interesting to see what other two positions Hopkins chooses to strengthen in. 

Exactly this side for me, if Murdoch can get over his injury then he is one of the best central midfielders in this league - I hope we will know the answer to that before the league cup is finished. Important to get him the right partner in there too. 

8 hours ago, GaryMc93 said:

Apparently we're interested in a loan move for James Maxwell. Not sure if there is much truth in it unless we want to move Reading to LM.

Maxwell looked good for QOS. I'd be happy enough to get him, but it's a position we're already well stocked in. Shame he couldnt play as an out and out striker 🤣

7 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

If he came in I'd assume Finn would go out on loan

He looked decent on Tue. Not so much so yesterday. Hope I wrong but I cant see him ever being a regular starter for us 

Whats the situation with McAdams? Assume he is indeed injured if he pulled up v Albion and wasn't even on bench v Burnley with sub being another trialist keeper - anyone know if its a precaution or is he out for a while? 

Whats the situation with McAdams? Assume he is indeed injured if he pulled up v Albion and wasn't even on bench v Burnley with sub being another trialist keeper - anyone know if its a precaution or is he out for a while? 
Apparently the trialist GK was one of our youths along with a few of the outfield trialists, I'm assuming McAdams will start the season as number 1 so hopefully they are just not taking any risks with the knock in a friendly

17 minutes ago, Hursty said:

He has been at every training session ,I think we will see him back in goal this week 

28 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

He has been at every training session ,I think we will see him back in goal this week 

While Albinson has done fine in the two games I’ve seen him I’d expect McAdams to start the season as our number 1. He was argueably the best goalkeeper in the league last season bar Craig Gordon. 

53 minutes ago, Hursty said:

He was injured just before Morton's playoff, presume he just hasn't fully recovered.  

Albinson had 1 or 2 ropey moments against Burnley but I agree he’s been fine so far. I think he and McAdams will get a league cup game each (provided McAdams is fit) and then McAdams will take over as number 1 with Albinson filling in for injuries and maybe even the Challenge Cup game.

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Did Hopkin say signings would be in before the Hamilton game?! If so, they need to be very soon... 🤞

Did someone not mention Tuesday ?

No idea if they knew anything right enough or were just guessing / hoping ???

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Did Hopkin say signings would be in before the Hamilton game?! If so, they need to be very soon... 🤞

He said they would be in for first league game and some would be in for Falkirk game , small chance of tomorrow, rumours are saying Wednesday 

Total tickets absolutely loves to tell you that your account doesn’t exist 🤯

ETA: but when you go in via your season ticket link as opposed to via the link the club puts up, it works fine!

Edited by No_Problemo