The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Folks tomorrow ( Monday) is last chance to purchase tickets for Hamilton away cup tie on Tuesday night 6pm Kick Off , shop open from 1-5 , Hamilton website states no tickets available on the day of match 

Edited by Finlay21

Apparently we're interested in a loan move for James Maxwell. Not sure if there is much truth in it unless we want to move Reading to LM.

Can Reading not play RWB? Hopkin maybe sees him playing more on that side and Maxwell on the left.

It’s a strange move though considering we’ve got plenty options in that position.

38 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Apparently we're interested in a loan move for James Maxwell. Not sure if there is much truth in it unless we want to move Reading to LM.

We do have plenty of options in that area however James Maxwell was very decent for qos. Is he an upgrade on Reading? I’m not sure.

I could be wrong but I’m sure his dad (and possibly him) are Ayr fans. 

33 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

We do have plenty of options in that area however James Maxwell was very decent for qos. Is he an upgrade on Reading? I’m not sure.

He is from Ayr I think. He played for the Academy until the family moved away due to his dad’s job. He ended up at Forth Valley academy before being picked up by Rangers. 

Edited by ecocme

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

That one wouldn’t make the slightest bit of sense! 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Can Reading not play RWB? Hopkin maybe sees him playing more on that side and Maxwell on the left.

It’s a strange move though considering we’ve got plenty options in that position.

51 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I'm sure as well as LB that Reading played RB and LM for the U21's but that might say less about his versatility and more about Scot Gemmill's tactics. 

The Athletic mentioned it but I've no idea how reliable that makes it.

Several clubs including Hibernian and St Mirren were interested but it is understood Rangers would want a compensation fee in addition to a sell-on percentage if Maxwell were to move on, which proved prohibitive to some. A loan to the Scottish Championship, where Ayr United are keen, or to the Norwegian top flight, where there is also interest, looks to be more viable.

So we’re looking at a potentially very busy week with the signing of a couple of Burnley players, James Maxwell and an unnamed player, who we have been led to believe will make us all very happy.

21 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

So we’re looking at a potentially very busy week with the signing of a couple of Burnley players, James Maxwell and an unnamed player, who we have been led to believe will make us all very happy.

Are we all in agreement that the stand outs for Burnley for Burnley were the Number 9 (Rob Harker, scored against us and two against Rangers), Number 10 (Ginger guy Joe McGlynn) and number 4 (Anthony Gomez Manchini)

3 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

That one wouldn’t make the slightest bit of sense! 

Perhaps there is an opening at left midfield, can’t see Chalmers getting much game time , if any .

Also I wonder if we could do a deal similar to that of Houston , where a small fee is paid , which gives Rangers first refusal when the boy’s contract is completed ?