The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Trogdor said:

Would agree with that but seems a bit laboured for my liking. Hewitt has been great again today. Haven't seen Chalmers doing anything so far.

Wonder if this could be a 'breakout season' for Hewitt.  Would be a nice wee bonus 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Judging by Burnley’s website, number 4 is Anthony Gomez Mancini.

Was just about to post that, number nine played on loan at Hartlepool last season - though seven appearances and no goals if wiki is correct. Robert Harker. Hopefully neither get subbed off to get more of a look. 

7 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Wonder if this could be a 'breakout season' for Hewitt.  Would be a nice wee bonus 

Was thinking this after the Edinburgh game. Looked very mobile, always wanting the ball and quite effective with it - looking forward to seeing him again and by the sounds of it, is doing well again today.

15 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Was just about to post that, number nine played on loan at Hartlepool last season - though seven appearances and no goals if wiki is correct. Robert Harker. Hopefully neither get subbed off to get more of a look. 

Harker seems highly rated would be good to see him here , 

I understand your viewpoint, however this happens all the time at football. Once season ticket holders can be accommodated then away teams should get a small share as normal IMO. 
Understand ur point if it was at Somerset I would probably be of the same opinion, hopefully by the third round of fixtures we can fill the ground and shout dogs at each other.

Any idea who this is, few folk saying he looked good.
Screenshot_20210717-153455.thumb.png.a118c996016b07cb9d8adc3c45f660ae.png

He was okay. Not that quick but he threw himself into tackles and was tidy in possession. I’d rather see us try and get Burnley’s number 4 from today.

He was okay. Not that quick but he threw himself into tackles and was tidy in possession. I’d rather see us try and get Burnley’s number 4 from today.
Is that the French boy? I'd be pleased if we got him and Hacket, I think Adeloye would be really good playing off a big center forward.

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Gomez-Manchini (Number 4 for Burnely) was at Angers last season who I believe are in the french first division so you’d imagine he’d be looking for a club higher up the food chain than Ayr 

Did he get game time? If he didn’t then maybe we’d be  a good level for him 

18 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Gomez-Manchini (Number 4 for Burnely) was at Angers last season who I believe are in the french first division so you’d imagine he’d be looking for a club higher up the food chain than Ayr 

An ITK person  told me  about 1 hr before game to keep my eye on Manchini , don’t want to read too much into it 

Surely that's what this partnership should be about for Burnley, getting some of there prospects game time against experienced pros and getting them used to a different style of football, Burnley probably know how he can perform in France but how will he react to a different country, the guy obviously has something to play for France at youth level and these are the type of players we should want out of this not just players who ain't going to make the grade and they want to make room in the under 23 squad for other players.

28 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

He initially joined Burnley U23's on loan last October from the Angers B side before the move was made permanent in January.

Given the number of U23's that stayed back to train with the Burnley first team I'd imagine anyone that made the trip to Scotland will be available for loan provided we can guarantee enough game time and the players are genuinely interested in joining.