The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I'm no some rabid anti-masker btw, I'd see the point of it in the stand too but on the terrace you should only be expected to wear it when moving about. 

Edited by itzdrk

From Killie thread……

The club are in discussions with East Ayrshire Council, with backing/help from Willie Coffie of EAC & Alan Brown, the local MP, who both happen to be Killie ST holders.

There are certain criteria and safety measures that need to be met and put in place first but the club are actively negotiating and pushing for an increases in capacity....

16 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I'm no some rabid anti-masker btw, I'd see the point of it in the stand too but on the terrace you should only be expected to wear it when moving about. 

I was far enough away from folk were I didn’t feel guilty about not wearing one. 300-350 folk on the side terrace was manageable. Twice that and you might feel the need to wear one. definitely walking along the barriers with folk either side.

under the Somerset road end, with 1100 folk, how could you possibly enforce a mask policy? it is probably a greater risk, maybe slightly as it has a roof. 
I expected the gate to be shut between the Somerset road end and the north terrace in case there was a downpour and everyone went under there. 

It looked like there was maybe 30 people in the main stand, I’ve seen it busier at reserve games. No one was in the family stand.

I think there needs to be a practical approach, most of the folk going will probably not be vaccinated due to age. 1500 fans, with the railway end open, the sections with the roof have a more limited capacity due to not being fully open air, 8-900 on the open terrace. 

that would seem completely manageable and allow folk concerned, space to stay away from folk.

27 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

under the Somerset road end, with 1100 folk, how could you possibly enforce a mask policy?

I'm pretty sure that you could get away with literally any crime in the SRE. Murder, arson, cattle robbery, vehicular manslaughter...

2 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Somerset road end was mainly masked up all game

I must of been looking at different people from you as I’d say more than half of the people weren’t wearing a mask and going from your comment on SRE you were standing just in front of me 🤣

21 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I must of been looking at different people from you as I’d say more than half of the people weren’t wearing a mask and going from your comment on SRE you were standing just in front of me 🤣

🤣 I had it my head folk were thinking the council were watching, so we’re keeping them on

Aberdeen been granted 5,655 from a capacity of 22,199

Killie have a capacity of 18,128 so could end up season ticket holders from both clubs - who knows

Rugby Park’s capacity has reduced from that figure by a few hundred, due to installing a standing section, prawn sandwich boxes, and offices in the East, West, and Moffat stands, respectively.

Nevertheless, I think your point stands. The Chadwick should hold your ST holders comfortably.

Aberdeen been granted 5,655 from a capacity of 22,199

Killie have a capacity of 18,128 so could end up season ticket holders from both clubs - who knows

I'd reckon that local councils / Scottish Gov could be on rather shaky ground regarding legal challenges for lost revenue etc if they are treating clubs differently in what should be a clear cut and consistent rule based purely on the same science across the board.

Surely the rule should just be based on the % of a grounds capacity and for those with no roofs then normal outdoor rules should apply. 

It would also seem that "social distancing" doesn't come in to it as the fans I've seen at reduced capacity grounds have rarely been spaced so that doesn't really make any sense from a scientific perspective.

Hopefully it will all be back to normal pretty soon anyway as can't see how they can have different rules for watching football than for everything else in normal life.

Really chuffed with the 2,000 for Falkirk game. I was giving both barrels to the SG when I heard it could be 1,000 which was a farce. However, they deserve a bit of kudos for walking back that atrocious policy for a stadium like ours.

As for masks on the North Terrace, I reckon the vast majority didn't have one on Tuesday night and we were out in the open air so it was fine. It almost felt normal.

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I'd reckon that local councils / Scottish Gov could be on rather shaky ground regarding legal challenges for lost revenue etc if they are treating clubs differently in what should be a clear cut and consistent rule based purely on the same science across the board.

Surely the rule should just be based on the % of a grounds capacity and for those with no roofs then normal outdoor rules should apply. 

It would also seem that "social distancing" doesn't come in to it as the fans I've seen at reduced capacity grounds have rarely been spaced so that doesn't really make any sense from a scientific perspective.

Hopefully it will all be back to normal pretty soon anyway as can't see how they can have different rules for watching football than for everything else in normal life.

You have more faith than me in Scottish Government and SAC tbh

3 hours ago, mathematics said:

Rugby Park’s capacity has reduced from that figure by a few hundred, due to installing a standing section, prawn sandwich boxes, and offices in the East, West, and Moffat stands, respectively.

Nevertheless, I think your point stands. The away dugout should hold your ST holders comfortably.

Edited in the spirit of crowd wanking.

Seriously though, it looks like  ST holders of both clubs should be able to enjoy a real game of footy.

Hopefully a decent atmosphere, cant wait for another derby.

Edited by Hawkeye the Gnu