The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Plenty to be positive about with that performance. Hewitt, McKenzie, Murdoch, Salkeld and Adeloye all putting in very good performances. Defence and keeper looking solid.

Also noticed at halftime the subs were actually doing a proper drill with one of the coaches, really good to see. 

This has been the best Murdoch has played in a long time hopefully he's getting back to his best
And he gets a goal! 
That's the best news of all. He's so important to our success.

Great to see the new lad scoring as well. Excellent result

A walk in the park for United . Looked like a Championship club against a L2 side to be fair . That all you can ask of them ,to crush a lower league team , and that’s what they did .

No evidence of all the horrors we were told to expect from the experts in Greenock ! Or Troon for that matter , some of the Troon contingent predicted a 0-2 defeat ! Oh dear maybe a squirrel in disguise .

However there will be tougher games ahead , but why don’t some of you try getting behind the team and the back room staff ? It just might help .

Not getting carried away but what an improvement in play, style and result. A few stand outs but everyone played well.  Edinburgh looked a fit, well drilled team but we were in control from start to finish.

Enjoyed watching that game, loved being back on the Somerset Road End again.

Hope everyone that missed out gets a chance sooner rather than later. Thought the strip looked brilliant by the way.

Well done to the manager and the players. Keep it up.

Edinburgh had a game plan to defend narrow and have all men behind the ball, obviously expecting long balls and Ayr to be very narrow. The first half hour was more or less Ayr passing the ball about between the half way line and the 18 yard line. Didn't look like anyone knew where they were supposed to be playing in midfield. No one went beyond the full backs to exploit the space out wide. We were playing football but not doing very much. For the first game back thee was very little atmosphere created and everything went a bit flat. 

Once the goal went in, Edinburgh came out a bit more, maybe could have equalised and the game opened up. 

Second half there seemed to be a lot more confidence in the team, still to many bad final balls and not a great deal created but there was more of an urgency, The midfield clicked Hewitt played really well. Adeloye has good instincts and gets in to good positions, his fitness may be an issue, he didn't drop in to midfield to get the ball and he wasn't particularly mobile in the second half before going off. If he keeps scoring goals then you can excuse the lack of dirty work. 

Positives, Reading was excellent, McKenzie took about an hour to find his feet but really came on to a game. Hewitt did really well, McGinty dropped deep to give an out ball and is a decent passer of the ball. The new keeper looks capable in the 3-4 things he had to do. Played football with a makeshift midfield. 

Negatives, Salkeld, not sure what he is or what he offers, he's not a forward, or a winger and he doesn't look like he has the engine to play in the middle, missed a sitter in the first half. Houston needs work, Edinburghs chance came from a couple of his mistakes. Neither played badly but against a better team I think they would have struggled. 

I feel slightly better about this season now but still a massive amount of work to be done. 

I watched the highlights of your game against Albion Rovers the other night and although Adeloye didn't take one of his chances that day he looked very lively. Then two goals tonight so he must have done something right. Could have found yourselves a gem.

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I watched the highlights of your game against Albion Rovers the other night and although Adeloye didn't take one of his chances that day he looked very lively. Then two goals tonight so he must have done something right. Could have found yourselves a gem.

He'll either be a gem or a hugely frustrating figure. To early to tell. 

What a relief that is to wake up to, don’t think you can grudge anyone being pessimistic before kick off though. Wee shout out to Morten for failing to score at home to EK too - did win pens though…

Just in the door.

Happy with that result today and playing the ball on the deck and not constantly hoofing the ball forward.

What an enjoyable experience relative to Saturday, I had steeled myself for Ayr United nil and constant long balls. Great to be back at Somerset.

The pitch looked immaculate as well.

Enjoyed being back at Somerset earlier. It was nice that masks and the staggered exit times weren't being enforced. Even  more pleasing was the performance. Thought Hewitt had a very good game, McKenzie first half was bright, Tomi and Andy took the goals well (albeit even I couldnt have missed them), McGinty looked solid. Ecrepont had a great minute spell where he put a good tackle in then put in a lovely cross. Ok it was only Edinburgh City, but a lot of bright spots

4 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Early thoughts, no music before kick-off is weird. We appear to have almost as many coaches as players and Jim Duffy is kidding himself if he thinks that Polo fits him 

Aye what was that all about? No music before the game or at HT. Some fcking covid rule no doubt 

good performance last night , boys played well . Great to be back in the old gaff . No sign of this Hoppy ball ,passed Edinburgh City off the park .  Also signings on the horizon ,what's there not to like ….

Few folk moaning on the SRE Facebook page that Adeloye did not do enough last night and needs to track back more, I though he did more than enough and if what Hopkin said about him being about 3 weeks behind in pre season training is legit we have a lot more to come from him, might at last have a half decent striker on our hands.

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Few folk moaning on the SRE Facebook page that Adeloye did not do enough last night and needs to track back more, I though he did more than enough and if what Hopkin said about him being about 3 weeks behind in pre season training is legit we have a lot more to come from him, might at last have a half decent striker on our hands.

They are a different breed on there. I mean who boasts they are doing their club out of money? 

thought Adeloye did very well took his goals well and put himself in with a chance with his movement. He did take a knock at the end of the first half and did seem to struggle after that even though he scored after that 

Happy Andy Geggan day folks! 

Sadly missed the game last night due to Virgin collapsing in a heap at 4 yesterday then not coming back up till after 9. But, sounds promising from what is being said on here and amongst friends who did see it. The win can only do this group good with some confidence and also buys Hopkin some much needed favour with the fans. Feared the worst after Saturday so pleased we are now moving in the right direction. Roll on Hamilton on Tuesday, a win there would be a massive shot in the arm. 

4 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

They are a different breed on there. I mean who boasts they are doing their club out of money? 

The irony being they are some of the people who go on about budgets, ambition and fans not backing the team, genuinely feel embarrassed for them.