The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

13 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

The clubs social media presence is completely dated

Black and White TV has the feel of a website created by a Standard Grade Computing Student. It’s a good thing it’s still free.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

Black and White TV has the feel of a website created by a Standard Grade Computing Student. It’s a good thing it’s still free.

If the whole social media/coverage is done on a volunteer basis it’s always going to come across half arsed; to me it’s always seemed more of a cost cutting exercise on the clubs part.  

Actually employing a team of people to deal with that side of things comes across as a stretch or something that hasn’t been considered.

1 hour ago, Ayr23 said:

In the 20 odd years supporting Ayr, I have never felt this apathetic about a season. I have zero motivation, and even yesterday when given the opportunity to buy a ticket for the first game back at Somerset, it was a no thanks.

I was at Hampden and Wembley for the Scotland games where overall the fan experience was decent(ish), and after seeing these 'rules' for tonight it really doesn't make me want to go back to a game anytime soon.

I'm unsure if it's the effects of the pandemic, or how utterly unprepared Hopkin appears to be for this season that is making me question if I'll go this year. Maybe it's other things like Smith arguing with fans, other employees having digs at fans online, our away strip is Killie's training top, no home strip available for purchase yet, the cringe fest that is Black and White TV... I really don't know. All these little annoyances build up.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. I managed to get a ticket for tonight but not looking forward to it as much as I hoped. That is partly due to the quite ridiculous covid protocols but also due to the way the club is being run.

Hopkin inspires no confidence in me (and most other Ayr fans on here it would seem). His recruitment has been questionable. We’ve started our competitive seasons and are still 4 or 5 players short. I don’t know if it’s been mentioned but he contradicted himself badly on Saturday. He was in the Ayrshire Post midweek saying the youngsters were showing up well in training and giving him something to think about. He then proceeds to not trust putting any of them on against fucking Albion Rovers. If he doesn’t trust them against Lower league opposition in the cup then what’s the point? Get them loaned out.

Our Website is also a bit of a shambles. There isn’t even a section which shows our current squad. 

Everytime you criticise what the club is doing off the park  you get the usual “but but but we’re getting a social club” yes that’s great and fair play to DS for that but that doesn’t make it acceptable for standards to slip elsewhere. 

Maybe I’ll be more encouraged and excited to attend games if we make a few big signings/ COVID restrictions are lifted and you can actually have a laugh with your pals without fear of a jobsworth steward giving you daggers but I won’t hold my breath. 

I’ve thought for ages that the media side of the club is something that needs looked at. It’s such an important part of any business and even more so for a football club. Done right, it opens up a massive revenue stream but it’s very easy to start off with good intentions and quickly let it slide. Unfortunately for Ayr, B&W TV has never really looked like anything more than half arsed and pretty amateurish.

They either need to realise that it needs a bit of investment to bring in people with experience or (and for me this is much more preferable and sort of adds a wee connection with the community) get a good link up with UWS and let their broadcast students run the show. They’ve got a brilliant set up over there and loads of their students go and work with St Mirren on their team and do pretty well.

Right now, the service is nothing more than barely acceptable and that’s only because it’s free. If the club have any hopes of charging money for it then they need to make big changes to it.

I’ve thought for ages that the media side of the club is something that needs looked at. It’s such an important part of any business and even more so for a football club. Done right, it opens up a massive revenue stream but it’s very easy to start off with good intentions and quickly let it slide. Unfortunately for Ayr, B&W TV has never really looked like anything more than half arsed and pretty amateurish.

They either need to realise that it needs a bit of investment to bring in people with experience or (and for me this is much more preferable and sort of adds a wee connection with the community) get a good link up with UWS and let their broadcast students run the show. They’ve got a brilliant set up over there and loads of their students go and work with St Mirren on their team and do pretty well.

Right now, the service is nothing more than barely acceptable and that’s only because it’s free. If the club have any hopes of charging money for it then they need to make big changes to it.
The thing is you don't need to fling a lot of money at the social media aspect to get some traction just look at Motherwell in recent years as great example of good ideas going viral.

5 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
16 minutes ago, D said:

The thing is you don't need to fling a lot of money at the social media aspect to get some traction just look at Motherwell in recent years as great example of good ideas going viral.

Motherwell do invest though. They hired a guy from STV to kick-start things a couple of years ago.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. I managed to get a ticket for tonight but not looking forward to it as much as I hoped. That is partly due to the quite ridiculous covid protocols but also due to the way the club is being run.

Hopkin inspires no confidence in me (and most other Ayr fans on here it would seem). His recruitment has been questionable. We’ve started our competitive seasons and are still 4 or 5 players short. I don’t know if it’s been mentioned but he contradicted himself badly on Saturday. He was in the Ayrshire Post midweek saying the youngsters were showing up well in training and giving him something to think about. He then proceeds to not trust putting any of them on against fucking Albion Rovers. If he doesn’t trust them against Lower league opposition in the cup then what’s the point? Get them loaned out.

Our Website is also a bit of a shambles. There isn’t even a section which shows our current squad. 

Everytime you criticise what the club is doing off the park  you get the usual “but but but we’re getting a social club” yes that’s great and fair play to DS for that but that doesn’t make it acceptable for standards to slip elsewhere. 

Maybe I’ll be more encouraged and excited to attend games if we make a few big signings/ COVID restrictions are lifted and you can actually have a laugh with your pals without fear of a jobsworth steward giving you daggers but I won’t hold my breath. 

Tbf to the stewards, I know a few of them and they're fans of the club who will be hating these covid rules as much as us. I'm sure they'll just be following instructions from their boss. But aye the sooner going to the football is enjoyable again, the better 

12 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Tbf to the stewards, I know a few of them and they're fans of the club who will be hating these covid rules as much as us. I'm sure they'll just be following instructions from their boss. But aye the sooner going to the football is enjoyable again, the better 

Unfortunately the general public are generally arseholes. 90% of customers in my work are ok with social distancing and masks, but the 10% who flout it don’t care that it’s our jobs and the premises licence that are at stake. We’ve had visits from Trading Standards and Environmental Health a few times just scouting the place out, wouldn’t be surprised if football clubs aren’t under high scrutiny from local authorities. 

6 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Unfortunately the general public are generally arseholes. 90% of customers in my work are ok with social distancing and masks, but the 10% who flout it don’t care that it’s our jobs and the premises licence that are at stake. We’ve had visits from Trading Standards and Environmental Health a few times just scouting the place out, wouldn’t be surprised if football clubs aren’t under high scrutiny from local authorities. 

Definitely. I'd imagine SAC will be there tonight snooping around. Folk who bought tickets know that masks were part of that agreement (unfortunately). I dont agree with them being needed in an outdoor setting but it's a means to an end in getting us back at Somerset

18 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Local authority almost certain to be at game tonight 

After government announcement, it looks like we are only going to get 1000 fans from 19th July as we are classed as a standing stadium , 2000 for seated grounds , 

Edited by Finlay21

10 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I'm going to buy the stream tonight but if it's the same shower of shite quality as it was last season i'll not be buying another one. 

They've had 2 and a half months to work on improving it

Still going to be a 1m social distancing rule outdoors between different households so presume that means that railway end will need to be open for home supporters too