The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

AYR UNITED: Sinisalo, Muirhead, Roscoe, Murdoch (Hewitt, 72), Moffat (Smith, 86), Miller, Walsh (Zanatta, 49), McCowan (McKenzie, 86), Chalmers, Anderson, Baird.

Subs (not used): Hare-Reid (GK), Houston, Kerr.

This was the team which played Albion Rovers in the 1st game of the season last year. Has our squad actually improved at all over the summer? 

It’s definitely worsened. 

Defence hopefully better, remains to be seen. 
Midfield miles worse. 
Up front hopefully marginally better, but that wasn’t entirely difficult. Still plenty to sort there too though. 

56 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Why would we be locked down again and not allowed into football? The vaccines are doing their job

Without getting into the details and prompting a host of "Covid forum for this pish" posts, If I had faith in the British public "using their common sense" and the government, devolved or otherwise getting it right I would be more confident. 

6 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

McAllister, Chalmers and Fjortoft are all out for tomorrow.

The squad was already paper thin and the injuries really make it depleted. 

We’re all going to get to see Baird and McGinty in the same defence on Tuesday night - what a treat! 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

We’ll miss Chalmers aswell. Literally don’t have a midfield for tomorrow. 

If playing 3-5-2, so we even have three central midfielders? Unless Moffat plays as the more attacking player in the three. 

ETA: assuming Salkeld can play that role...

Edited by No_Problemo

We’ll miss Chalmers aswell. Literally don’t have a midfield for tomorrow. 

Murdoch and Miller will play probably.

McAdams

Muirhead
Baird
McGinty

Houston
Murdoch
Miller
Reading

Moffat

McKenzie
Adeloye

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Shouldn’t be starting games this season imo. 

Maybe not but I think he’ll start tomorrow , Moff will cover the two strikers from the bench . Boy are we short , anymore injury’s and the youngsters will be getting thrown in .....

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Murdoch and Miller will play probably.

McAdams

Muirhead
Baird
McGinty

Houston
Murdoch
Miller
Reading

Moffat

McKenzie
Adeloye

At least three in there that I definitely wouldn’t want to be starting come the start of the season, most likely five though - unless Murdoch can get over his injuries and Moffat can link up with and allow Adeloye to play the goalscoring role (hasn’t seemed to be that type of player in his career so far) 

Right now I think we have much of a muchness between us, Morton and Queen of the south. Arbroath will make up the bottom 4. Our squad isn't good enough for the Championship but I don't think it is any worse than the other teams mentioned. 

I think it will be a very long season, not many positives like last season. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

At least three in there that I definitely wouldn’t want to be starting come the start of the season, most likely five though - unless Murdoch can get over his injuries and Moffat can link up with and allow Adeloye to play the goalscoring role (hasn’t seemed to be that type of player in his career so far) 

Baird, Houston, Miller, Murdoch, Moffat and McKenzie shouldn’t be starting for me. 

McAllister, Chalmers, Fjortoft all to start so we’re looking at 3 starters. 

11 minutes ago, ecocme said:

If all 3 are fit then all 3 start surely? 

They are not 100% fit , Chalmers and Fjortoft likely would have played if it were a league game , better having them 100% first for the bigger games 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Baird, Houston, Miller, Murdoch, Moffat and McKenzie shouldn’t be starting for me. 

McAllister, Chalmers, Fjortoft all to start so we’re looking at 3 starters. 

Houston Miller Murdoch if fully fit are worth a start , proved before they can do it