The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

29 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Surely that isn’t allowed as people could just be passing round a screenshot? Or is it a case of once the code has been scanned it can’t be scanned again?

Cup games go into your season ticket after it has been scanned once it then becomes void and if anyone else tries the code the scanner will tell that the ticket holder is already in ground and will not allow the second person access 

31 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Surely that isn’t allowed as people could just be passing round a screenshot? Or is it a case of once the code has been scanned it can’t be scanned again?

Correct QR code can only be scanned once , then scanner rejects any further attempts 

32 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Each code is unique, I was screenshotting as well as it was much easier to quickly grab it from pictures than having to go onto the page to retrieve the ticket. Only had issues once and the person just took a code from beneath it, was probably the screen protector that caused that issue as it has started to peel. 

1 hour ago, RedEd said:

League Cup tie 5 years ago and a Scottish Cup match about a decade before  that.  Prior to that it was the 1930s.

I was on a train to Aberdeen tanning tins about a decade ago and struck up a convo with the guy next to me who it turned out played for them in that Scottish Cup game. Absolutely starstruck by the occasion he was.

28 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I was on a train to Aberdeen tanning tins about a decade ago and struck up a convo with the guy next to me who it turned out played for them in that Scottish Cup game. Absolutely starstruck by the occasion he was.

They were an East of Scotland League club at the time. I daresay Somerset was luxurious compared to some of the grounds they played at.

3 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

Wasn't going to bother with the game on Tuesday,  but saw North Terrace was still available so bought one. Seemed pretty seamless, and I'm shit with technology, maybe I was just lucky.

Same. In normal circumstances I probably wouldn’t normally go to this game but considering I haven’t been at a game in 15 months I decided to take the plunge. Technology worked a treat btw.

13 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Same. In normal circumstances I probably wouldn’t normally go to this game but considering I haven’t been at a game in 15 months I decided to take the plunge. Technology worked a treat btw.

Think most of us have that feeling about what is in essence a warm up game, but, it’s another wee bit of history, and I miss the view of that pitch so much!!!!

So, one day to go - three starters still required... [emoji102] 
It should be a blessing that our first two games are against the lower seeded teams, but can see us struggling.

In terms of starters I’d say we would’ve been comfortable going into the first two games with an attacking midfielder added to the squad but it’s clearly not happened.

I think we’ll manage to beat Albion and Edinburgh but we won’t exactly be blowing them away given we’ve not got the players needed to break a team down. The only thing we can really judge is can our defence be comfy against two teams well below our standard. If the answer is no, then I’ll be worried.

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

So, one day to go - three starters still required... 👀 

It should be a blessing that our first two games are against the lower seeded teams, but can see us struggling.

We should have just about enough to beat Albion Rovers and Edinburgh City however can’t see us doing anything against Falkirk and Accies with this squads. Need two midfielders and a striker as a bare minimum. 

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

We should have just about enough to beat Albion Rovers and Edinburgh City however can’t see us doing anything against Falkirk and Accies with this squads. Need two midfielders and a striker as a bare minimum. 

Does anyone know what Falkirk and Accies have done over the close season or are they much ‘as they were’ from last season?

1 hour ago, paulbrucerick said:

Wasn't going to bother with the game on Tuesday,  but saw North Terrace was still available so bought one. Seemed pretty seamless, and I'm shit with technology, maybe I was just lucky.

The issue this morning was about 400 people signed in at same time and caused a surge ,