The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, Dauntless said:

That's why this project is a three or four window job ..

The first and second windows have to ensure we end up retaining our Championship status though.

The sentiment from a previous post about succession planning is spot on. Clubs that recruit well can look to the short and medium term with confidence and make decisive decisions when needed.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I still laugh out load at @itzdrk telling us about Hoppy randomly shouting “DO IT” and the Ayr player proceeding to absoulotely  launching the ball. 

Pretty much when I realised I was only wasting time and money not just staying in the flat for games. 

Certainly wasted at Dundee United, but he'd be equally wasted trying to latch onto 60-yard lobs from Ayr's centre halves.

2 hours ago, Iain said:

Would love the crowd to adopt this in an ironic way.

PIT IT UP THE PARK and LOB THE KEEPER are things that get said from the stands whenever any Ayr defender gets the ball anyway.

Edited by Thumper

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Pitch looks glorious. Maybe the groundsman knows his stuff afterall.

Give me that pitch over astro any day lads.

Smith previously spoke about the potential of Astro, however spending more on the grass and treating it properly would probably outweigh Astro. We’ll see how it holds up November-March. 

53 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Smith previously spoke about the potential of Astro, however spending more on the grass and treating it properly would probably outweigh Astro. We’ll see how it holds up November-March. 

And the stand-shadow-frosty-patch

Grass becomes “thatched” if it is worn or is short over a dry period. It doesn’t really grow much after that and becomes bobbly and hard. They scarified it which removes the thatch and then you have to hope it regrows. You see some clubs with massive lamps on their grass overnight to try and force it to grow.

its a bit of a gamble if the weather is shit or you have no idea what you are doing.

I currently have a semi-bald back garden (not a euphemism)