The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Can't see us signing anymore permanent players cause there's nobody left, rest will be loans which will be a complete gamble

There will be someone out there that we have either never heard of or have forgotten about. Whether or not it works out is another story.

16 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Can't see us signing anymore permanent players cause there's nobody left, rest will be loans which will be a complete gamble

Have a look at other teams forums , around 70% of them are in the same or worse situation than us at moment , which looks like there’s not many decent players out there to sign and possibly all waiting on loan market , I am not saying it’s good position to be in though 

Going to put a name out there for everyone.

Leo Donnellan. Is following the club on Twitter and plays as a central midfielder. Previously played for Finn Harps and Maidenhead. Absolutely nothing else to back it up but there you go.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Leo Donnellan. Is following the club on Twitter and plays as a central midfielder. Previously played for Finn Harps and Maidenhead. Absolutely nothing else to back it up but there you go.

bbc what GIF

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Was a trialist for Raith for a few of our friendlies. Looked okay on the ball but overall not up to much. I wouldn't be signing him based on his performances. 

Just now, ListerRRFC said:

Was a trialist for Raith for a few of our friendlies. Looked okay on the ball but overall not up to much. I wouldn't be signing him based on his performances. 

He'll make his debut on Saturday then..

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Getting on a bit...

image.png.f2fc4e452872ca9d6e7f88da212d926c.png

Would love to know the story with Faal, I doubt we’ll see better this season other than Tomi, who it seems Hopkin was always going to try to sign.

Are we saying he wasn’t good enough or was it the ‘personal terms’?

6 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Would love to know the story with Faal, I doubt we’ll see better this season other than Tomi, who it seems Hopkin was always going to try to sign.

Are we saying he wasn’t good enough or was it the ‘personal terms’?

I messaged a Barnet fan I follow on twitter after Adeloye was signed and he said he was gutted to lose him however Faal was poor. 

5 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Have a look at other teams forums , around 70% of them are in the same or worse situation than us at moment

About 70% of teams in Ayr's league can barely put together an XI and haven't signed a single player who finished above them in the pyramid last season?

11 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

Can see us lining up a bit like this at least for the first few weeks, obviously McAlister still to come in and hopefully a proper midfield hardman/destroyer and creative number 10.

LINEUP111625601607464.png

That side truly terrifies me and shows how important the next set is signings are. 

You can just see Moffat being fired long balls and being expected to do it all himself with only Adeloye to link up with. 

8 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I messaged a Barnet fan I follow on twitter after Adeloye was signed and he said he was gutted to lose him however Faal was poor. 

Fair enough, stats suggest neither better than the other but hard to tell in a Barnet team that seems to have struggled massively season past.

Pressure on Hopkin to find an alternative I guess. If anything happens to Adeloye currently, we’re screwed.

Edited by bazka6

7 hours ago, Thumper said:

About 70% of teams in Ayr's league can barely put together an XI and haven't signed a single player who finished above them in the pyramid last season?

See where you’re coming from but just because the team finished below doesn’t mean the individuals automatically as bad / worse, eg McAdam.

Definitely seems to be a lack of quality out there.  Loanees will be crucial and getting the right ones with the right attitude as we all know can be difficult and may end up vital to where we end up this season.  At least we are not the only ones in the same boat.  After last season, I’d settle for mid table obscurity but heart pleads for top 4 - at least to flirt with it for a while.

Just read somewhere Morton have only 15 signed players.

Edited by AUFC 1910

35 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

See where you’re coming from but just because the team finished below doesn’t mean the individuals automatically as bad / worse, eg McAdam.

As nice as it is to have a permanent keeper with some talent for the first time in approaching a decade, nobody looked at last season's squad and went "the top priority is a whole new back line and the rest can be left for later" except seemingly the manager.

Four days left.