The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

31 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Hmm if he’s had a season out he’s maybe not the best option to be considered. Were there not also rumours when he left that he had certain habits that made him fall out of favour at Dundee?

It's a right shame as well, was flying until he injured himself against Livi, and never really got back to that same level in the Championship the following season, especially when having to compete with Hemmings and Johnson for starts (whether or not said rumours also had an impact is up for debate). Clearly hasn't had a break since moving back down south, but I personally am still rooting for him to get back to playing consistently. I vividly remember the brace he scored against Killie, ran them ragged that night.

44 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Hmm if he’s had a season out he’s maybe not the best option to be considered. Were there not also rumours when he left that he had certain habits that made him fall out of favour at Dundee?

If he was of interest surely he would have been up already to at least play as a trialist?

I assume that's a training top Ayr are wearing?
image.png.6c1cc3897948872ea252abb0655de310.png

Aye

That’s a first seeing that one for me. We’ve been wearing a red one for the other games but that would obviously clash with St Mirrens top.

Adeloye getting another goal will hopefully boost his confidence, however if we don’t sort out our midfield it isn’t going to particularly matter how good he is as he won’t be getting much service. 
Hopefully I'm wrong but I get the feeling we are going to have the exact same problems as last season

Just now, Rodders1910 said:
7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:
Adeloye getting another goal will hopefully boost his confidence, however if we don’t sort out our midfield it isn’t going to particularly matter how good he is as he won’t be getting much service. 

Hopefully I'm wrong but I get the feeling we are going to have the exact same problems as last season

We had creative players last season, it regressed badly once Smith left though. Unless we make some very good midfield additions soon, it’s going to be far worse than last season - absolutely  zero creativity at the moment. 

It doesn’t matter how good Adeloye is if he’s only going to be feeding off scraps. As it stands the only players we’ve got to create chances are Moffat and, at a push, Chalmers. We really need 2 attacking midfielders to come in either on loan or free transfers.