The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

46 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The SPFL trust trophy, I’d gladly go out 1-0 to Annan in the first round. Pointless trophy that gets players suspended and injured. 
Anything other than a home draw is a disaster. 
should have been binned years ago

Home to Killie?

19 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Home to Killie?

We’ll play them 4 times already this season. 
if they did regional mini-tournaments like Ayr, Kilmarnock, Girvan, Auchinleck, Cumnock - Partick, Queens Park, Pollock, Clyde, Clydebank etc it would be better, like a summer cup, winners play the winners of another section. Group stage then Knock out rounds it would at least be interesting, the colt teams could be in with their region. 

1 hour ago, Mgc1910 said:

Worrying thing is, Andre Wright’s career stats are a near mirror image of Adeloye’s.  Came through the youth system of an English championship side, had a series of unproductive loan spells, followed by unproductive spells at a series of National League clubs.  Wright seemed to find a level in Irish football so I presume he’ll go back there.   Not sure if Adeloye has had injury problems or something as he has reached his mid 20s and apparently not found a level anywhere playing a remarkably small number of games to this point in his career.  I’ve really no idea how National League compares to Scottish Championship so hopefully we can realise the potential that a number of others bought into but were unable to unlock.

If you saw the way Wright trained you could see he was not fit and couldn’t be bothered , pop along and see the effort Adeloye  puts in its absolutely night and day , one guy is hungry other going through the motions  

Didn't realise they'd changed the Challenge Cup format. What a wretched set of bootlickers the SPFL are.

Looking back more fondly on the last final, where Ross County easily defeated some absolute nobodies from Wales. Imagine if you lost to that shower, you'd never live it down.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/53233963

If you saw the way Wright trained you could see he was not fit and couldn’t be bothered , pop along and see the effort Adeloye  puts in its absolutely night and day , one guy is hungry other going through the motions  
I recall you saying that Wright was putting an absolute shift in during training and had earned a place in the team from it

1 minute ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Where does one find a Rangers B playing these days?

From what we have announced on Twitter it would seem to be Dumbarton I'm guessing?

I see they have snuck through the name change from Rangers Colts / U20's to Rangers B.   Wonder if that means less / no actual age restrictions or something. 

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

From what we have announced on Twitter it would seem to be Dumbarton I'm guessing?

I see they have snuck through the name change from Rangers Colts / U20's to Rangers B.   Wonder if that means less / no actual age restrictions or something. 

Brings it in line with their name in the Lowland League for this season. And the SPFL next season if they have their way.

3 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I'm sure you'll be boycotting "B" team games so it wont matter where they play surely.

Just as you will boycott your club's match if it's against Broomhill, I hope.

48 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:
53 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I recall you saying that Wright was putting an absolute shift in during training and had earned a place in the team from it

He started ok then after being here 3 weeks he deteriorated rapidly , was not liked by many at the club during his last 3/4 weeks 

30 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Just as you will boycott your club's match if it's against Broomhill, I hope.

I've no idea who Broomhill are tbh but I'm sure they're not a Premiership Colts team.  I've no problem with lower pyramid teams participating,  better that than Colts teams anyway. 

He started ok then after being here 3 weeks he deteriorated rapidly , was not liked by many at the club during his last 3/4 weeks 
When he got chucked out of Morrisons and tried the "do you know who I am" crap that should have been a warning sign.

1 minute ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I've no idea who Broomhill are tbh but I'm sure they're not a Premiership Colts team.  I've no problem with lower pyramid teams participating,  better that than Colts teams anyway. 

Used to be BSC Glasgow. It's thanks to their chairman that Celtic and Rangers B are in the Lowland League. Emboldened by that, they are now trying to force themselves into the SPFL once again.