The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

22 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Mental how Killies uptake in season tickets and interest in the club has surged due to clashing with The Super. The only show in town I suppose. 

I'm just enjoying seeing all their posters again, they seemed to vanish off the Premiership forum last season.

Edited by RandomGuy.

7 hours ago, rb123! said:

Is that in total i take it??

It will be after they account for staff, volunteers, security and boardroom guests in/on the posh seats/steps otherwise they couldn't advertise 150 tickets available. Shame we're likely to miss out as its a good day out, we'll get them in the cup next year anyway as per tradition. 

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Mental how Killies uptake in season tickets and interest in the club has surged due to clashing with The Super. The only show in town I suppose. 

We will likely exceed 4 thousand season tickets holders. After only 2700 last season. 
The difference is that you need a season ticket to get a chance of early games at least, the fans have stood up and financially backed us to allow us a good chance of going straight up. Also we have a very realistic chance of winning the league and diddy cup double. 

Ayr games will certainly be a huge draw also I hope we will be allowed in for our trips to Somerset. Partick Morton Dunfermline Kirkcaldy Dumfries will be decent trips too. 

We will likely exceed 4 thousand season tickets holders. After only 2700 last season. 
The difference is that you need a season ticket to get a chance of early games at least, the fans have stood up and financially backed us to allow us a good chance of going straight up. Also we have a very realistic chance of winning the league and diddy cup double. 

Ayr games will certainly be a huge draw also I hope we will be allowed in for our trips to Somerset. Partick Morton Dunfermline Kirkcaldy Dumfries will be decent trips too. 
This may come back to haunt you, not many teams go straight back up from this championship

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:
5 minutes ago, Cmac1869 said:

This may come back to haunt you, not many teams go straight back up from this championship

I understand it’s a hard league and with a lot of new players it will be long season. We are clear favourites for it and should be aiming to win it. 

Im not saying we will definitely win it but I am saying that we should be acting like we are going too mentally, especially if as TW says we add some premier league quality attackers.

Mentality is everything in football we had a team or serial losers with a coward manager last season. Wright came in too late and damage was done. We have signed well for this leve in terms of leaders and players with promise. Mix that with our own youths and existing players. A 15-20 goal striker aside we look in decent shape. 

Hopefully we can at least get back to games and experience the championship and it’s trips. Looking forward to a bit of needle between us and Ayr. Also out of the old firm pish for a bit

I understand it’s a hard league and with a lot of new players it will be long season. We are clear favourites for it and should be aiming to win it. 
Im not saying we will definitely win it but I am saying that we should be acting like we are going too mentally, especially if as TW says we add some premier league quality attackers.
Mentality is everything in football we had a team or serial losers with a coward manager last season. Wright came in too late and damage was done. We have signed well for this leve in terms of leaders and players with promise. Mix that with our own youths and existing players. A 15-20 goal striker aside we look in decent shape. 

Hopefully we can at least get back to games and experience the championship and it’s trips. Looking forward to a bit of needle between us and Ayr. Also out of the old firm pish for a bit
TBF Cameron looked decent in his short spell with us and had a very see decent spell with Alloa he might be your surprise package.

15 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

TBF Cameron looked decent in his short spell with us and had a very see decent spell with Alloa he might be your surprise package.

Ironically yous have probably seen more of him than us. He was joint 5th top scorer in this league last season. I remember he scored for yous away at Inverness and then got injured?

Alloa despite getting relegated got 6/7 goals for them which is not bad considering. 

He’s got 2in2 during pre season. I thought he wasnt technically very good but more of a penalty box striker than a player who links up well.

Is the boy Dre Wright still at Ayr ?

11 minutes ago, Cmac1869 said:

Ironically yous have probably seen more of him than us. He was joint 5th top scorer in this league last season. I remember he scored for yous away at Inverness and then got injured?

Alloa despite getting relegated got 6/7 goals for them which is not bad considering. 

He’s got 2in2 during pre season. I thought he wasnt technically very good but more of a penalty box striker than a player who links up well.

Is the boy Dre Wright still at Ayr ?

I'd say he may well be your best players this season .

57 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Thankfully not , waste of a jersey after 1 half decent performance , injured due to lack of fitness when he arrived 

Worrying thing is, Andre Wright’s career stats are a near mirror image of Adeloye’s.  Came through the youth system of an English championship side, had a series of unproductive loan spells, followed by unproductive spells at a series of National League clubs.  Wright seemed to find a level in Irish football so I presume he’ll go back there.   Not sure if Adeloye has had injury problems or something as he has reached his mid 20s and apparently not found a level anywhere playing a remarkably small number of games to this point in his career.  I’ve really no idea how National League compares to Scottish Championship so hopefully we can realise the potential that a number of others bought into but were unable to unlock.

Someone said the St Mirren game was at half ten this morning but unsure if that's true or not.

In other news the fantasy dream of Stephen Kelly can be extinguished i think as he played for Rangers last night and was one of the best players on the park.

As someone said on here recently too with McCall being best chums with McAllistar Partick would be the only place i could see him going to in this league on loan if anything was to happen.

Strips a bit meh, personally i prefer more white that black but just my personal choice, might grow to it more when seeing it in person. Also it's almost identical to the one we had about 6 seasons ago when we got relegated from the championship under McCall

Also the mickey mouse cup draw is this afternoon at 2, biggest waste of a cup ever, only thing they did to make it marginally exciting was the hope of playing a team in england, ireland or wales and they've removed that factor of it by replacing them with shitty prem b teams full of kids, that just takes the mick out of all the professional clubs in the competition IMO

Edited by rb123!

50 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Someone said the St Mirren game was at half ten this morning but unsure if that's true or not.

In other news the fantasy dream of Stephen Kelly can be extinguished i think as he played for Rangers last night and was one of the best players on the park.

As someone said on here recently too with McCall being best chums with McAllistar Partick would be the only place i could see him going to in this league on loan if anything was to happen.

Strips a bit meh, personally i prefer more white that black but just my personal choice, might grow to it more when seeing it in person. Also it's almost identical to the one we had about 6 seasons ago when we got relegated from the championship under McCall

Also the mickey mouse cup draw is this afternoon at 2, biggest waste of a cup ever, only thing they did to make it marginally exciting was the hope of playing a team in england, ireland or wales and they've removed that factor of it by replacing them with shitty prem b teams full of kids, that just takes the mick out of all the professional clubs in the competition IMO

I think Rangers want to loan him out until Christmas ...

42 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The SPFL trust trophy, I’d gladly go out 1-0 to Annan in the first round. Pointless trophy that gets players suspended and injured. 
Anything other than a home draw is a disaster. 
should have been binned years ago

Hope the club show it and the youth sides the contempt they deserve. The only redeeming feature has been removed for this season. 
Would take it far more seriously if they binned the youth teams and replaced them with HL / LL sides, even opened up qualification spots for the tiers further down. Have zero interest in watching Ayr v Livingston B.