The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Very Morton esque 🤣 

I quite like it. Might be a bit figure hugging and would be better without the sponsor but on the whole decent 

Size wise it measures up to last seasons away kit 

Just now, paulbrucerick said:

I see it is partially made from recycled materials! Move over Forest Green Rovers! Falafel burgers next.

We will really have reduced Greenock's carbon footprint! 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I could be being really thick here but it isn’t hoops? It’s only hoops if they continue round the back of the shirt. It’s strips. 

Splitting hairs really. I’m sure all our previous hooped efforts were blank on the back too. It’s common as authorities prefer a blank back on the strip so the numbers are easier to see. Horizontal stripes = hoops IMO.

Much the same as what’s been said already I think it’s a bit underwhelming given it was built up as being bespoke and different to anything before. It’s all a bit meh. Bigger things to be concerned about though.

Ticket arrangements from Albion Rovers: 

Ticketing arrangements: Ayr United

We are pleased to be able to confirm ticketing and access arrangements for our forthcoming Premier Sports Cup group match with Ayr United at The Reigart Stadium on Saturday 10 July, kick off 3.00 pm.

By agreement with the other teams in the group, admission will be £12 for adults and £6 for concessions.

Bearing in mind the Scottish Government physical distancing guidelines and the requirement to have a Red Zone for the players and backroom staff, the match will be all-ticket and there will be no cash sales on the day; the attendance will be limited to a total of 150 spectators.

Tickets will go on sale for season ticket holders from Tuesday 6 July; an email will be sent to supporters’ associated email address with a link to purchase a ticket via Stripe.

This priority window is open to season tickets until midnight on Wednesday – after this point any remaining tickets for the match will be put to a public sale on a first-come-first-serve basis on Thursday.

The public sale will also require the supporter to buy their ticket through our Stripe payment system and we will update supporters on social media if tickets do become available. 

The public sale window will close on Friday at midnight; after this point no tickets can be bought for the match and there will be no cash turnstiles on matchday. 

1 hour ago, I'm Brian said:

The only thing that strip does is bring back bad memories

Relegation

JS97598514.jpg.01c91103c0e3856af6221197c4502144.jpg

Relegation

ayr-utd-v-partick-thistle-image-2-506905339.thumb.jpg.ffb195d3353de464964a16d8a9d2d590.jpg

So the burning question is third time lucky or more of the same?

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

18 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

I see it is partially made from recycled materials! Move over Forest Green Rovers! Falafel burgers next.

On that note, Hopkin did enforce a vegetarian diet for the squad at Morton...

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/international/greenock-morton-first-football-club-scotland-goes-vegetarian-3043190

I like the strip a great deal, and to be honest it kinda makes sense that it's got go-faster-to-League-One stripes on it based on the current strength of the squad. Even the logo isn't offensive and getting me to wear, let alone buy, something advertising a fucking cryptocurrency is a very hard sell indeed.

36 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Being honest I was hoping it would have been modelled on my favourite strip of all time which was the Denmark 1986 world cup top

If the club is going to emulate some random international top then they should do Croatia's. Nobody else has a checked home top.

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

If the club is going to emulate some random international top then they should do Croatia's. Nobody else has a checked home top.

It would be too Drafty in the Winter.

We could probably get through the Albion Rovers and Edinburgh city game with what we have, the Hamilton game on the 20th will be the biggest test. They were a level above us in the cup last year so it will be interesting to see if they have declined and we have improved. 

Having new players in by the 20th will give 2 games for them to bed in before the 2nd August. 

1 hour ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Jesus we are the most moany fans about...... Shirt style has piss all to do with how you play... Get a grip...... Never happy.... We could sign Messi and there would be folk on here moaning he is too old or some pish...... Let's all be more positive ffs........ 

Still a free agent. Just saying.

17 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

We could probably get through the Albion Rovers and Edinburgh city game with what we have, the Hamilton game on the 20th will be the biggest test. They were a level above us in the cup last year so it will be interesting to see if they have declined and we have improved. 

Having new players in by the 20th will give 2 games for them to bed in before the 2nd August. 

Yup, said earlier that the 20th is the absolute latest we can have our two (hopefully three) starters out first eleven requires.