The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

When they said a nod to the past, I had envisaged something along these lines. I dont dislike the new one but I think my £20 voucher will be on a polo shirt or trackie top.

43dd628e356477ef91b21b3f9661a5c1--scotland-football.jpg

Also when I saw the black collar on the teaser I got my hopes up.

Edited by paulbrucerick

Feel a bit underwhelmed after being told it is bespoke given we've had something similar a few times over the past couple of decades. I don't dislike it but just feel a bit meh about it. Maybe had the bar set too high but seeing what other clubs in Scotland have done in recent years put it there. Are there more away kits coming or is that a one off order like last year?

20 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I could be being really thick here but it isn’t hoops? It’s only hoops if they continue round the back of the shirt. It’s strips. 

Striped tops are vertical, hoops are horizontal, doesn't matter if the hoops are broken.

Some Morton fans get really hung up on whether the hoops are unbroken or not. It's still a modern take on a hooped top.

The only thing that strip does is bring back bad memories

Relegation

JS97598514.jpg.01c91103c0e3856af6221197c4502144.jpg

Relegation

ayr-utd-v-partick-thistle-image-2-506905339.thumb.jpg.ffb195d3353de464964a16d8a9d2d590.jpg

So the burning question is third time lucky or more of the same?

Edited by I'm Brian

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I could be being really thick here but it isn’t hoops? It’s only hoops if they continue round the back of the shirt. It’s strips. 

I feel same as you , a hoop is a full circle , to me it’s a horizontal stripe 

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

Ayr have done this shirt several times over the past 11-12 years 🙄 was hoping for something different. 

Better than that hoaching pink away kit a few seasons back I suppose. 

Still, had my belief that it would be like the old 'Leader' newspaper sponsored kit of 2000.

IMG_20210705_161402.png

Relegated - relegated - relegated? 

Being honest I was hoping it would have been modelled on my favourite strip of all time which was the Denmark 1986 world cup top but with Black and White as opposed to Denmark's Red and White of course.

Probably thinking about the Hummel link too much but that would have been amazing.